Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Well, here's one more for the "Vote Maria" camp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

ZeeToo posted:

I would have an easier time translating this if it were ancient Greek.

I'm not even kidding.

The picture says it all really, what could Kanna say related to the image that could get her shot?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

veekie posted:

The picture says it all really, what could Kanna say related to the image that could get her shot?
I'm dense. I have no idea what you're trying to tell me.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

ZeeToo posted:

Presumably Kanna is comparing Maria to some kind of terrifying Nordic warrior-maiden, and Maria is pissed off because Kanna got her ethnicity wrong.

Confused Llama
Jan 15, 2008
The llama is a quadruped which lives in big rivers like the Amazon. It has two ears, a heart, a forehead, and a beak for eating honey. But it is provided with fins for swimming.

ZeeToo posted:

Thuryl posted:

Presumably Kanna is comparing Maria to some kind of terrifying Nordic warrior-maiden, and Maria is pissed off because Kanna got her ethnicity wrong.

Anna Russell probably said it best in reference to Brunnhilde (said warrior-maiden) at the beginning of Goetterdammerung: "Brunnhilde's gone completely to pieces because, if you'll remember, she was the head girl of the 'Hoyotoho!' lot; well, now she's changed to a girl like this: 'Tee deedle deedle deeeeeee dee deeeeee dee dee dee deeeeee...' So love has certainly taken the ginger out of her."

Confused Llama fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 20, 2008

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15

quote:

Hey, Kanna didn't blush or go all stalkery or crush Ogami under the weight of her "thank you, you are awesome and a man". I consider that a plus.

I said "in progress". There's still some ways to go : P

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Thuryl posted:

Disclaimer: I don't know Japanese

Sort of.

Kanna's comparing two of the characters that Maria played. The "before" pic is from when she played Gyumaoh, the baddy in Shin Saiyuki. The "after" pic is from a show that I'm unfamiliar with. All I know about that one is that it's christmas-themed.

So my best guess is: Kanna's making a comment on how Maria managed to go from playing such an evil, deranged character to a perfectly angelic one, presumably within the same year or one right after the other, and Maria's not very happy with it.

Well, that or Kanna's having one of her infamous misunderstandings, all of which are absolutely hilarious but usually gain her strange looks from everybody.

little_firebird fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Sep 21, 2008

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006
a front row seat to the gun show

little_firebird posted:

The "after" pic is from a show that I'm unfamiliar with. All I know about that one is that it's christmas-themed.

As far as I know, that costume comes from the second game.

Vote Kanna.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

little_firebird posted:

Well, that or Kanna's having one of her infamous misunderstandings, all of which are absolutely hilarious but usually gain her strange looks from everybody.

And get Maria wielded pistols aimed at her?

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.

Schadenfraulein posted:

As far as I know, that costume comes from the second game.

Vote Kanna.

'A Miracle surely happens to me'

Kanna is finally a girl! :v:

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

SirSamVimes posted:

And get Maria wielded pistols aimed at her?

I think if you saw the things that Kanna can imagine from getting a few words mixed up, you'd understand. :gonk:

The stunt she pulled in the 2001 Shinsun Kayou show, however, was enough to place her as my #2 vote:

Click here for the full 460x610 image.

An artist's representation, because it's not on Youtube.

Morgenthau posted:

Kanna is finally a girl! :v:

She already was one. :colbert:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

little_firebird posted:

She already was one. :colbert:

She's... Cute... She's a she.

Maybe I'd vote for her if she made an appearance like this in the game. And only if Maria didn't exist.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
On a note unrelated to all this picture posting, I only just got a decent look at Sumire's mech. Are those holes in the mech's sleeves rocket launchers or flamethrowers or something?

Hiridion
Apr 16, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

She's... Cute... She's a she.

Maybe I'd vote for her if she made an appearance like this in the game. And only if Maria didn't exist.

I dunno, I thought this scene was pretty cute!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

She is cute there, but that's just :3: rather than :swoon:

Sparda219
Nov 21, 2007

Just as some things can be right and useless at the same time, can't something be wrong and priceless?

Spirit Armor posted:

My god, Lachette-version Maria is better than Lachette.

I thought the EXACT SAME THING.

Also just a general note to you Spirit Armor: YOU ARE A MAGNIFICENT STALLION. And make me feel less alone in a world where I mention Sakura Wars and get blank stares even among anime geeks, hehe.

TapamN
Jan 10, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

... my god. That third option. My god. :gonk:
Wha... what happens when you pick that? Does it turn into some conversation about stripping wires or something?

DoublePLayer
May 6, 2008

by Shine

Hiridion posted:

I dunno, I thought this scene was pretty cute!

Oh yes, very cute. 'Oopsie, I was attacked so I killed all those demons in self-defense. With my bare hands. I'm cute.'

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

DoublePLayer posted:

Oh yes, very cute. 'Oopsie, I was attacked so I killed all those demons in self-defense. With my bare hands. I'm cute.'

Hey, if you have to go, why not go while seeing that face?

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

RedMagus posted:

Because I'd rather go out seeing this face:

Tomn posted:

On a note unrelated to all this picture posting, I only just got a decent look at Sumire's mech. Are those holes in the mech's sleeves rocket launchers or flamethrowers or something?

Nope, they're just shoulder guards. Nothing special.

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006
a front row seat to the gun show

RedMagus posted:

Or this face:

Click here for the full 700x656 image.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tomn posted:

I think that's storage for the steam-powered naginata. If you look at the battle videos, she takes it out when it's her turn and puts it away again when she's finished gossiping with her teammates moving or fighting.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Schadenfraulein posted:

Or this face:

My reaction to this: :swoon:^100

And yet, despite all of this, I have to ask: where's Kohran?

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 23, 2008

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007

Schadenfraulein posted:

Or this face:

:3: it's a flower :3:

Yeah, and then she says "Aw, ya shouldn't have." and playfully punches you in the shoulder.

The cast comes off a month later... except for those of you who will leave it on forever as a memento.

(vote Sumire - she won't snap your bones by accident)

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Wow... Sumire has such good fashion sense that even a man looks good in her kimono!

little_firebird posted:

Vote Sumire!
She always looks like a girl!

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.

Son Conan posted:

Do I really have to dig out my old image collection? Because it's kinda pretty unhealthy there. :gonk:

Morgenthau fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 24, 2008

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Wow... Sumire has such good fashion sense that even a man looks good in her kimono!

Actually, that pic's good proof that Kanna is female. Her body design is "Everything's fuckin' HUGE" so the fact that nothing's showing up down there is good enough proof for me.

Son Conan posted:

Right there. :iamafag:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
----
[Ogami]

Well, I've hit on both Kasumi and Yuri in sequence, and I had a frightening amount of success, so all that's left to do in order to complete the set would be to...

[Ogami]

... to... uh... hit on Tsu... Tsubaki, and...

[Ogami]

-- wait! Wait, no, gently caress that, I... I'm not sleazing up the entire Wind Division! What the hell's wrong with me!? When did I become such a lady-killer!?

[Ogami]

More to the point, why did I have to become a lady-killer when I'm surrounded by the most dangerous women in the country? I wasn't ever like this before I came here, I could never get a girl to look my way when--

[Ogami]

... ah gently caress, I'm monologing/exposition-dumping out loud. I need help.

----

----
[Ogami]

And by "help," I mean "Ayame-san." She's the only one who can--

----

----
[Ogami]

--ffffffffffff--

[Yoneda]

Well, hello to you too, sunshine!

----

[Ogami]

Ah... no, I'm just bumming around a little...
More importantly... Manager Yoneda, it's rare for you to come up to the attic, isn't it?

Translation: Why the hell are you up here, you've sabotaged my one and only chance to see Ayame-san who also happens to be one of the few people keeping me sane you bastard. :cry:

[Ogami]

Ah...

[Yoneda]

Ogami... you be sure to have fun while you still can.
That's just about why... sake is so good. Sake just gets better, even while lighting's crashin' in the background... or when the cherry blossoms bloom... .

[Ogami]

Manager Yoneda...

----
[Ogami]

... you came up here to find the sake that Ayame-san took away from you again, right?

[Yoneda]

Don't deprive me of my one chance to be serious and hardass, Ogami. Also, how the hell did you KNOW?

[Ogami]

It's generally the way you work the subject of alcohol into any conversation, especially when you're recovering from withdrawal.

[Yoneda]

Poppycock, that's about as ridiculous as someone trying to pass off German beer as American wine.

[Ogami]

See?

[Yoneda]

... don't you go gettin' drunk on power, Ogami.

----

[Ogami]

... I'll have a drink with you. Times like these, I can drink to that.

[Yoneda]

Whenever I come up here, I start gettin' sentimental... that ain't good, huh...

[Ogami]

Manager... I think that's fine. Every now and then...

[Yoneda]

That's true... c'mon, sit with me an' have another drink... Ogami.

[Ogami]

Okay...

----
[Yoneda]

What's with that skepticism? I'm offerin' you some alcohol, Ogami, so--

[Ogami]

No, it's just that... I don't remember you ever offering me any of YOUR alcohol before. You usually just yell for me to get my OWN drat alcohol, so...

[Yoneda]

[Ogami]

... and you've relented during the one time that I REALLY need a stiff drink. Thank you, Manager, for finally showing me some kindn--

----

----
[Ogami]

--wait, what about that drink--

----

[Yoneda]

Okay... Ogami. Go have fun at the party! I'll be going back down first.

----
[Yoneda]

Also, get your own drat alcohol.

[Ogami]

... y-yessir.

[Yoneda]

And stop mopin'! All you need to do is find yourself a stiff drink.

[Ogami]

B-but the only alcohol we have in the theater is in your office--

[Yoneda]

WHICH YOU CAN'T HAVE HA HA HA HA HA man, I love bein' me.

----

----
[Ogami]

... y'know, in between bouts of laughing at my very existence.

----

[Ogami]

But right now... there's nothing I can do, huh. Right... guess I'd better get going myself.

And now...

... we have an impasse.

This is the view of the basement. There are two scenes here this time around: the first is in the infirmary, while the second is in the baths.

NORMALLY, I'd be all over the bath scene like, uh, Ogami being all over the bath scenes, but for a change...

Ogami is the bathee this time around. Which wasn't a problem, but for the fact that--

-- the tables are kind of reversed... and the fact that this is the Iris bath scene. :gonk: While showing off the game is kind of the entire POINT of LPing a game, this is the one bath we're skipping.

... for those worried about how the above screenshots turn out...

----

[Iris]

Ah... Oniichan? Oh, you're in there already? I'll take a bath later, then~.

It has a happy and surprisingly non-:gonk: ending.

... no, it really does. Trust me on this. Seriously, stop looking at me like that, nothing bad happens, he just climbs out of the bath and walks out the door and gets ambushed by the little girl hanging on the ceiling and waiting for him to pass under her so that she can to the next scene.

Anyways, we've got something happening right next door...

----

Lo and behold, it's the person that Ogami's actually looking for! :woop:

[Ayame]

The pain hasn't receded even after I drank some medicine, so I was thinking of getting a check-up.

... who may be on her way to an early grave due to being overworked!

[Ogami]

... are you alright? You've been really busy lately, so could it be due to fatigue?

[Ayame]

Hmhmhm... thank you. Even though I was simply writing reports, perhaps I strained my nerves.

[Ogami]

Ayame-san...

And then Ogami's newfound mojo kicks in, depriving us all of a series of desperately-needed explanations as to what the gently caress is wrong with him.

[Ogami]

U-um...

[Ayame]

Thank you. You're worried about me, aren't you?

----
[Ogami]

Well, I can't deny that I'm worried about PARTS of you, but...

[Ayame]

You DO realize that honesty isn't a virtue when you stick your foot in your mouth, right?

[Ogami]

... is this kind of like how we can't let the public know about the massive number of casualt--

[Ayame]

Aaah?

[Ogami]

-- of unfortunately tragic and unforeseen accidents?

[Ayame]

Sort of, except lying usually doesn't get you giant armed robots and armed trains and armed blimps.

[Ayame]

Though I suppose it'll certainly keep you alive when it comes time for you to make your Great Decision, hmm?

[Ogami]

Yeah, you're telling me. I honestly can't decide what I want for breakfast tomorrow, but Sakura-kun's got cooking duty and yet I can't decide whether or not to approach her and ask her about it but then again--

[Ayame]

... nevermind.

----

[Ogami]

Yeah... Ayame-san, I never see you as the type of person to make complaints, so I was just...

[Ayame]

No... I'm alright. I'm just a little bit tired, that's all.

[Ayame]

As to the results of my check-up... it doesn't look like there are any problems. Perhaps it's just my imagination.
Sorry for making you worry. Now then... I still have reports to write, so...

BONG BONG BONG

[Ogami]

Oh crap, it's already this late. I'd better hurry to the dressing room.

BUT WHAT IS THIS?

IT'S SAKURA-- oh, it's Kohran.

[Ogami]

Hey, Kohran. Huh...? Wait, what're you doing out here?

----

----
[Ogami]

But, uh, not as happy as you, it seems. I--

----

----
[Ogami]

MY GOD.

[Kohran]

What? What!?

[Ogami]

ALL I DID WAS THANK YOU FOR WAITING, WHY ARE YOU BLUSHING1?

[Kohran]

I-I dunno!! I can't stop myself from-- Ogami-han, what did y'all DO?

[Ogami]

Nothing! Wait, maybe I'm contagious, or-- was it something I said? Should I try NOT praising you?

[Kohran]

Whatever, jes' hurry up, my head feels like it's burnin'!

[Ogami]

Alright, alright, what's a good insult, uh, I, uh--

[Ogami]

You have smaller-than-average mammaries though I am not insinuating that your worth as a human being and/or a woman is determined by your physical attractiveness as it applies to our current cultural values and/or outlook!

[Kohran]

[Ogami]

Did... did it work?

[Kohran]

I... I think so? I'm jes' bogglin' over how that was the most unnecessarily attempt at a politically correct insult I've heard in my life.

[Ogami]

... it just figures that my sense of self-preservation would kick in at the most unnecessary moment ever.

----

[Ogami]

Come to think of it... that means that we'll finally be able to see the performance that you were keeping under wraps.

----
[Ogami]

You do that to me on a daily basis anyways, Kohran. I--

[Ogami]

... wait, speaking of unpleasant surprises...

----

[Ogami]

... come to think of it, has Sakura-kun come back from her shopping errands?

[Kohran]

Nope.. .she wasn't in th' dressin' room.

[Ogami]

I see...
(Sakura-kun... you're pretty late. I wonder if something happened...)

And then the eyecatch happened, underlining the unnecessary reminder that Sakura is probably possibly the focus of this chapter even though we don't see her for the first third of it, though that part's my fault.

NEXT TIME: It's partangst time! :buddy:

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 2, 2013

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh yeah, Sakura. I forgot about her.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Spirit Armor posted:

Ogami is the bathee this time around. Which wasn't a problem, but for the fact that--

-- the tables are kind of reversed... and the fact that this is the Iris bath scene. :gonk: While showing off the game is kind of the entire POINT of LPing a game, this is the one bath we're skipping.

Heh, stands to reason that Iris is the only one walking in on Ogami instead.
Disappointed in the lack of :gonk: though, what DOES happen on the other choices?

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

veekie posted:

Heh, stands to reason that Iris is the only one walking in on Ogami instead.
Disappointed in the lack of :gonk: though, what DOES happen on the other choices?

NO NO NO NO NO

Morbid curiosity. Morbid curiosity.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Spirit Armor posted:

And then Ogami's newfound mojo kicks in, depriving us all of a series of desperately-needed explanations as to what the gently caress is wrong with him.

You know, knowing Ayame, she'd probably respond well to that.

"YOU'RE JUST A HEALTHY YOUNG BOY HO HO HO."

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Reallycoolname posted:

NO NO NO NO NO

Oh no, I'm after universal suffering. One who is immune to :gonk: enjoys watching everyone weep tears of despair.

Pity I don't have any mind trashing material on hand.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Reallycoolname posted:

NO NO NO NO NO

Yeah, seriously. at the very least give us the Alternate Universe (insert Dr. Who music here) view of what would happen to Ogami in that terrifying world of THE SUBMERGED (in the bath) OLD ONE.

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

Current holder of the Plush-bum Mr. Sweets Chair in American Hobology
Man, all those pictures of Maria dressed as other characters and Kanna in other costumes does is prove that they could be attractive characters, but only if they looked nothing like they do in the game. :colbert:

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Doc Aquatic posted:

Man, all those pictures of Maria dressed as other characters and Kanna in other costumes does is prove that they could be attractive characters, but only if they looked nothing like they do in the game. :colbert:

There's plenty of official artwork out there that says differently. :colbert:

There's also this one that someone was kind enough to draw for me in the game/ova style.

veekie posted:

Oh no, I'm after universal suffering. One who is immune to enjoys watching everyone weep tears of despair.

Pity I don't have any mind trashing material on hand.

You and me both. Universal suffering is great! :iamafag:

Oh, I have plenty of that on hand, but showing them too much at one time will lower the shock value and they'll eventually become immune themselves.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

little_firebird posted:

You and me both. Universal suffering is great! :iamafag:

Oh, I have plenty of that on hand, but showing them too much at one time will lower the shock value and they'll eventually become immune themselves.

Just ensure sufficiently regular doses to keep the patients in a contant state of shock. Who knows, those who become immune may join in liberating the minds.

Could do it like Canuck and bury stuff in emoticons as surprise gifts.
At random.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...Ayame's got plot cancer, doesn't she? I recognize the symptoms.

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15

Glazius posted:

...Ayame's got plot cancer, doesn't she? I recognize the symptoms.

It's possible, but it could also be the "Teh weakness!" that seems to be going around in... well in japanese popular culture at least ^^ Symptoms include fainting, pains and very, very plot-timely death... unless the male protagonist has it, in which case it's cured by "love".

The update was awesome as usual; I especially enjoyed the Kohran bit ^^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

veekie posted:

Just ensure sufficiently regular doses to keep the patients in a contant state of shock. Who knows, those who become immune may join in liberating the minds.

Could do it like Canuck and bury stuff in emoticons as surprise gifts.
At random.

You're a bastard, as I'm now mousing over every emote for the last 5 pages just to see if you're screwing with us.

Also, why the hell am I cursed with enough curiosity to exterminate the entire feline species? :cry:

• Locked thread