Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Just been reading through this, very amusing.

My vote? Go ahead and show us ALL the endings! :haw:

...well, maybe not Iris. I don't think any of us wants to see that. :gonk:

Besides, you probably want to get to Sakura Wars 2 before the end of the decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Yeah... I think I'll hold off on my final vote until the last pilot is introduced. Most of us haven't actually played this game (it being in crazy moon language Japanese and all).

Sindai posted:

This sounds promising.

I'm trying to think of what harem cliche is missing, though.

Ogami's childhood friend or adopted sister?

Please don't let this go on the 'incest' route. Isn't Iris enough of a 'dear god, no!' choice?

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Morgenthau posted:

Fortunately for us Sakura Wars is meant for general consumption so there are none of those types of mindfuckery in the series.

At least the sixth pilot is a lot more friendlier than the other girls. She does have a specific cliche, though it's decidedly 'western' in nature.

She deals PAIN, PHYSICAL PAIN... :gonk:

Ah, yes. The one who responds to every (perceived or otherwise) slight by punching our hero into the stratosphere. That's what we were missing.

And she's the 'friendliest' one. :gonk:

Of course, the OP's done a fairly good job of not pissing off any of the ladies so far(even having a shower scene which surprisingly DIDN'T result in the girl assuming the hero was a perv and beating the utter piss out of him), so I don't know if any of them break out the armor-piercing slap or giant mallet out of nowhere when sufficiently offended.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

I'm also agreeing with the notion that the Paint pictures help the effect(of soul-crushing horror, at least).

Looking forward to the next update, whenever that might be. Wonder if it's time to introduce the last pilot yet?

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

I'd say it's about high time for a new update, myself.

Where's that OP? I'd have thought with the long break that he'd have gotten though all of chapter 3 by now.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Morgenthau posted:

Ah poo poo, requesting you do Iris' shower scene anyway for pedophilic shits and giggles. :gonk:

I've got a better idea. Let's not do that.

Please.

For the love of god. :gonk:

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

Well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. :geno:

----
[Ogami]

SURPRISE SHOVE!!

----

AHAHAHA! :roflolmao:

Who doesn't get that urge whenever an open balcony presents itself? I mean, besides sane people.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

HISS

SPEAK NOT OF FF.NET, FOR IT IS 98% ANGSTFIC/SLASHFIC/SELF-INSERT CRAPAPALOOZA.

The other two percent is actually good, but trying to find good stuff on FF.net is like trying to look for a straw of hay in a needlestack, except that the needlestack is full of poo poo and everything is on fire.

The trick is to only look through the 'humor' category. Sometimes you stumble upon something funny.

Other times... well... :gonk:

Like any other art form, it's like digging for diamonds in the sewer. The difference is, with the published works, you have editors with a hose to spray most of the poo poo out.

Fanfiction readers don't have that luxury.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Well, that was... interesting.

:gonk:

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

:wth:

Uh... yeah, that is certainly bizarre.

By the way, where'd our OP run off to? I'd say it's high time for another update right about now.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

Yup, I was planning to get the update out sometime late this evening.

... hopefully. :tinfoil:

So, is that update on the way, or are we going to have to wait a bit longer?

Hate to sound like a broken record here... but it really has been a while.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

(And the second half of this update... will come tomorrow. )

...same bat time, same bat channel.

Looking forward to the next update.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Morgenthau posted:

Wait, Kanna BLUSHES?!
See, that's what I meant. Kanna blushing is so wrong, it's creepy. I swear something unnatural happens everytime she does that, like clock hands start going backwards or all the fish in the sea collectively jump up in the air.

I wonder if it's just surprise that he survived both her karate and cooking without having his head explode. :)

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

I think I can see where they're going with this... Just a hunch, though.

(Spoilered in case I got it right)
I get the feeling this will involve dead mentors being brought back as the power source for a giant robot and brainwashed as the level boss. Possibly even with the standard scene where he regains control over himself long enough to tell Maria to put him out of his misery.

Don't tell me if I'm right. Wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

There's just no escaping it, is there?

Even in a game like this, there's always BARRELS.

I wonder if they explode when someone shoots them, too?

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Morgenthau posted:

Oh and that reminds me, Iris' chapter is the one after this. Pedo fun, here we come! :gonk:

How could I not see this coming? Especially since she's the only one without a bigass giant robot at the moment.

I wonder if it will look like a giant metal teddy bear that bites enemies' heads off? Or probably something far more horrific... :gonk:

Also, ETA on the next update?

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Has anyone kept count of how many votes have been put down, and for whom?

Also, exploding barrels. Totally called it. :clint:

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Hokuto posted:

:gonk: OH GOD GET IT OFF ME GET IT OFF ME!

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Apraxin posted:

Sumire is 16. Sixteen. Maybe I just suck at judging ages, but something really, really does not compute there. (Oh, and does this mean that a vote for Sumire is a vote for :pedo: ?)

Surprising. I thought she'd be at least older than psychostalker Sakura.

Well, at least she isn't a 10-year old possessed by a satanic teddy bear, unlike some other pilots I could name (just one, actually).

:pedo: or :gonk:? Probably both.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

:gonk: Let's do ourselves a favor and NOT start discussing robot dongs here.

Seriously, some people and their sick, twisted minds...

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Semiru posted:

And that man is the devil himself.

So why would the devil take the guise of a ten-year-old girl? Is it because it would be the last thing we'd expect?

Statistics show the 'last thing we'd expect' should really be the FIRST thing to expect.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

She's just entering out of worry, right? Just to check and make sure that Ogami's alright? And if Ogami is actually missing, then she'll just have to wait until he gets back. Because she was worried, of course. Yes. Worried. But in the meantime... in the meantime...

This room is his. It smells like him. If she closes her eyes, she can feel him by her side. He will, he will be hers, hers forever. The room IS him- his feel is all over the room. She can feel him. He permeates every inch of the room.

And... this! This drawer, it's filled with his... his...

Guhehehe... hehehehe.... hehehe... HYAHAHAHAHAHA

Uh... :wtc:?

I thought only creepy perverted dudes went on panty raids... at least until now.

Also, the font on the pictures later in the update changed for some reason. Was that intentional?

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

BlondRobin posted:

Also, a blimp? What? Why? Why on earth would you use a blimp to cover ONE CITY? The only reason to use a blimp would be to handle difficult or impossible terrain! And that's not even considering what a totally idiotic idea it is to build the hangar DIRECTLY UNDER THESE PEOPLE'S HOUSES AND :bang:

Okay! Now that I've gotten that out of my system please carry on!

Hey, it's cool. And in situations like this, you always go with what's cool, logic and the laws of physics be damned. :colbert:

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

John Pastor posted:

I suppose that the Captain of the Imperial Assault Force... Flower Division... wasn't assigned a duty sidearm for fear that he would end his own life, or that of his subordinates in a disturbing backlash against his operative conditioning. It's eerie how far into this poor bastard's inevitable mental breakdown the originators of this experiment foresaw.

I wonder how many previous captains they lost that way.

I mean, if they took the precaution, it must have happened before. :)

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

Haven't actually slept, so I'll try to get something out while I'm still somewhat conscious. To all those who've started postin' in this thread: glad to have you on board!

Also, I've tallied up the votes.

Maria: 21
Sumire: 21
Kanna: 11
Kohran: 9

Good god, this race has pretty much been neck-to-neck since the start of the thread.

I just realized I'd been following this thread for a while and hadn't voted yet! I suppose it's time for a tiebreaker.

One vote for Sumire here. I may switch to Kanna if she starts to catch up any more, though.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

ALRIGHT, WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED.

----

My thoughts exactly.

Also, the whole 'Russian Roulette' maneuver was just :c00lbert:.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Morgenthau posted:

IT BEGINS. :gonk:

Actually Kanna and Sumire's ones come together in a super double-action chapter of suspense and mystery!

How many 'chapters' are there in this game, anyway?

I'm going to guess based on this pattern that Chapter 6 is the Kohran chapter, and Chapter 7 the Sakura chapter, since it makes a bit of sense for the first girl to have the last chapter. After that is when you decide which girl you end up with in the end. Is that about right?

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Don't do it. No good can come of this.

Shyrka posted:

While I'd like to see her love-love attack, I don't want to see her become the most loved girl and 'win' at the end. Maybe you could use an alternate save to show off the attack as a bonus feature?

Yes. This is the only sane path. Any other will only lead to madness.

Burn the books. ALL OF THEM. :cthulhu:

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Vote count so far (so no one else has to):

:downs: What's the worst that could happen? - 13
:gonk: NO! What are you doing, you fool! - 11

That should help put things in perspective. This does not, however, count votes toward being nice to that... thing, or toward being a total dick.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

[Sakura]

O, Ogami-san, help me! Hurry!!

[Ogami]

Err...

It's funny how the same person who can take on one of those giant demon mechs on foot freaks out like some chick from a sixties sitcom at the sight of a tiny little mouse.

I suppose they've got to do something to make Ogami feel even vaguely masculine.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I get the feeling that the robot clone will end up going crazy from over-exposure to Iris, sending it on a kill-all-humans rampage?

...but I do suppose this is a clever way of showing us what happens on both routes.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Also requesting an updated votecount, since the race seems to be growing more heated than we previously thought.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

I'm just confused as to why Iris even HAS votes. :confused:

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Any idea yet when the next update's supposed to be?

It HAS been a while.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I meant after the Ayame scene. I have this feeling that a confrontation with Iris is totally inescapable now.

I'd bring a wooden stake along. Probably some silver crosses and garlic too.

Just remember, if she starts spinning her head in a full rotation on her neck and spewing pea soup, RUN LIKE HELL.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

I knew it. Should have ordered the extra-spicy garlic bread for breakfast. Maybe that would have repelled the foul beast.

Or at least convinced it you just want to be friends. Or minor acquaintances. VERY minor acquaintances. :)

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

Pfft, I'm sure that the translator/localizers would have been able to gloss over that issue by making each and every one of the characters eighteen years old.

Though I'm not sure how much that would helped...

"But she said she was 18, officer! She only LOOKS twelve!" :gonk:

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

1) For some reason, I'm liking the term MIND MUSCLES.

2) I'm convinced that Sakura is borderline yandere, and Maria is quite capable of speaking her mind so long as she has a pistol in her hands because that way no one will try disagreeing with her anyway.

With the way you've exaggerated the portrayal of Sakura from "occasional jealousy" into "psychotically-obsessed stalker", I can see that comparison.

At least, I assume a lot of that is comedic exaggeration. (Though Iris's destructive capabilities were only slightly exaggerated, so who knows?)

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

Oh god... I see where this is going. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Sindai posted:

Which is...?

It's a Haruhi Suzumiya reference. If you watched that show, you'll know just what 'sleeping beauty' means...

...and cringe at the horror of what's sure to ensue. :gonk:

• Locked thread