Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Rose wood posted:

[Iris]
Yes... real life... mwahahaha

(Although thinking about it I suppose beatings and sodomy are really more kohran's forte?)

The creepy thing is that I was thinking more or less the same thing.

Or maybe someone wants to know his every nook and cranny.
:cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Hahaha. Awesome. :xd:

And I have to agree. If it's done in a similar style as this one it might just be interesting.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Morgenthau posted:

Nakajima?!!
Yes, Maria's brother is actually the unassuming lovelorn Ken Nakajima from You're Under Arrest!

Me and my friend who was watching the clip with me at the time literally screamed in outrage and hilarity. Quite a clever cameo; who would have thought Nakajima's ancestor from way back would end up meeting a lovely end faceplanting himself into the cold russian snow?

At least with his death it paved the way for Ohgami's ascension to her hot sister. :quagmire:

I thought I recognized that face. I saw the first episode of the new YUA series last week, but that was actually a rather neat cameo. What would be more hilarious really if you suddenly saw either Belldandy or Urd in a cutscene/in the background while playing.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

Skuld would probably be more likely, since she actually looks semi-Japanese (i.e. her hair isn't blond-brown or silver).

Either way, I would poo poo bricks.

Nah. Skuld looks almost too much like Sakura but younger. Sure it could lead to a fun younger sister cameo but it has to be Belldandy, Urd or Peorth to make it right.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Wait a second here. A Sakura Wars musical? And I thought it was ridicolus when I saw the Bleach musical.
Then again. It's Japan. They could problably turn Gundam into a musical and get away with it too.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Looks like she's leading a course in "How to properly crush a small enemy force with superior numbers." Also known as the Overkill course.
Look lime simplified symbols that you can see on military charts. Drawn by those who only had a faint recognition of how they actually look.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Dominic Hokage posted:

Apparently it takes a small explosion in order to get Sumire's clothes to start falling off.

And that's a bad thing? Now we just have to start setting of explosions around her.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

demota posted:

Not too hard. We just need to keep Kohran happy enough to laugh.

So we get a happy Kohran and a semi-clothed Sumire. I say it's a win-win situation really.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Kanna doesnt jump the shark. Instead she loving kicks it! Hell yeah. :D

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

The Germans tried that in the first World War, and discovered that blimps have a fatal flaw: they are flammable.

Wasn't that because the Americans had blockaded the Germans from getting helium and forcing them to use hydrogen?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

True, but they were still pretty vulnerable to ground/air-to-air fire seeing as how they traveled at about walking pace.

Now if someone could put together an armored blimp...it could hover over a battlefield and do command and control...and mount ground-attack weapons...

Great, now I have to go design an armored blimp that is a combination of an AWACS and an AC-130 or I'll never get any sleep.

/derail

You mean something like this?

Granted it's not very much like an real airship. But it's still pretty impressive.

And now we continue our regularly scheduled programming.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If I remember right it's from the Iron Grip HL2 mod. Or that's what I've heard since I found on an imageboard.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Heck. I want to see everyones love-love attack really. Because they can only get zanier than this.

And for posing for a victory shot they are awfully restrained. :geno:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I just might regret saying this but... go for the date. Since you promised showing off everyones Loveu-Loveu attacks.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Dash Magnum posted:

Ah man, I'm really torn; on the one hand I know the events of the date will certainly crush Iris' spirit.

On the other hand, Miss Sumire is dreadfully behind on her swimming lessons :pervert: ...decisions, decis--

To the underground pool, my good man! Tally ho! :hist101:

I fully support this notion and therefore change my vote to non-date. To say no to a lady in need is not the act of a gentleman. The fact that she partakes her actions in a swimsuit only makes the reward better.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Don't forget the one where Maria gets drunk on... a piece of chocolate. :ssh:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

----

----

Now that's what I'm talking about. :mmmhmm:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I have finally decided to put my vote on...

Sumire.

No wait.

Kanna.

Yeah. No one can say no to a girl who kicks sharks. Even if those huge tracts of land are so appealing. But shark kicking gets the overhand for now.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

[Sakura]

Excellent, everything is proceeding just as planned.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Wyvernil posted:

I'm just confused as to why Iris even HAS votes. :confused:

Either through fear or mindcontrol. Otherwise it looks like we have to delegate Chris Hansen for an investigation.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Okay that's it. I'm now changing my vote to Ayame. You've brought this upon yourself you know.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

You cannot vote for Ayame. It would be like trying to vote for Yoneda or the three girls of the theater.

That is all.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! :argh:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

SON of a BITCH.

[Ayame]

What was that?

[Ogami]

Son of a bitch, MA'AM.

[Ayame]

That's more like it. Now get to dying, you young and handsome thing you.

And this is where I lost it for some reason.
And why did you have to write that last sentence as if she's into younger guys? :gonk:
While yes it pales in comparison to the stock-loli romance. But still.

And Im trying to remember, in which book did Cain pull something like that? I almost thought it was one of the commanding officers who did it and not Cain.
Such a shame that Ogami wasnt more like Ciaphas. :sigh:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Wait. Was that an MGS2 reference with the hair or am I seeing it wrong?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

For some odd reason: Iris-UniformShock.jpg and: Kanna-UniformShock.jpg have been removed from Photobucket.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Huh? Wha-? Why?
:psypop:

JAPAN!! :argh:

Yeah I know it's from the Sakura Wars musical but the way Jean-Paul/the bear is dressed is just absurd.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Schadenfraulein posted:

Sounds like a request to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owiqecxgprw

Turn-based stage combat? You're welcome. :iamafag:

(Incidentally, this clip features two new characters from the sequel. Beware spoilers.) :ssh:

Holy hell. That was priceless. :D When Jean-Paul suddenly appeared in line with the healing magic is just hilarious.

Only in Japan folks. Only in Japan.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Fearsome Critter posted:

From the last one:

There is criticism that using the style of "moe" trivializes the situation. In particular, the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, an actual tragedy in which many died, were depicted as "an incident where a cat called Al-Qaeda bit America", a fact which was severely criticized in the secondary work, "Introduction to the Kashmir conflict (カシミール紛争入門, Introduction to the Kashmir conflict?)".

Oh, Japan! :neckbeard: :911:

Since Ive got all of the comics I more or less had to post the one mentioned.

Here's another one just because.

(I hate when my copy suddenly refuses to be acknowledged and I notice it after posting.)

We now bring you back to your reguarly scheduled Sakura Taisen discussion.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 2, 2008

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

quote:

She's kinda cute when she's angry I must admit. :3:

And you should've just dragged the Managers body into his office. :colbert: Everyone would just think that he fell into his regular drunken stupor anyway.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Whenever Sakura says Yes my Lord I keep hearing it as they say it in Code Geass. Especially half-shouting it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Wow. Mirokus death here is just a huge cop out. I mean in the anime she gets killed by Sumire at least.
Only to be resurrected by Satan into a more mindless version of herself.

Speaking of the anime I actually quite like it. Especially the characterization is better in some regards when it comes to Iris, Sakura and Ohgami.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

RNGen posted:

Outside of that though, I agree that the characterization was probably handled a lot better then in the games. Probably because no one is fawning over Ogami.

Yoneda is about ten times cooler in the anime than in the game. The same goes for Ayame. And having a full episode with just her younger self was just excellent.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Decisions decisions. But I'll have to go for:
1. Kanna
2. Maria
3. Sumire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

veekie posted:

It's pretty hard to see those unless you happened to be quoting the post.

I see some of them just fine thanks to SALR.
Which isn't always a good thing. :stonklol:

• Locked thread