Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
After reading through the whole thread in a couple of days, I find it hard to believe some of the elements this game tries to make players accept as non-creepy.

Loli status aside, Iris has already proven capable of immense property damage and willingness to zap her "friends" with psychic powers. At this point the player is supposed to want to kiss her?

And they're keeping her around the giant, state-of-the-art mecha, too...

Out of morbid curiosity, does she still run off if you do choose to kiss her here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Was that a reference to the Persona 3 LP in there?

Love the way Jean Paul is developing.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spirit Armor posted:

UNLIMITED IRIS WORKS
Thank you so much. I will never again be able to enjoy Fate Stay/Night without picturing Ilya as Iris.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Cactus woman? Does that mean something worse in Japanese? I'm just not feeling the burn, nor does it seem to match her appearance.

And Iris's kill-stealing scene was great.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Is it really all that strange? I thought a lot of Japanese fiction had characters with theme/pun names.

The most famous example, of course, would be Dragon Ball Z's "Vegetable People", but there were other groups with themes there and I've seen a few others in other works.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Glazius posted:

Why is Kanna out on stage, anyway? Besides the whole complete willingness to do all her own stunts.
If she says she wants to, how would you say "no"?

Congrats to Spirit Armor for providing the best explanation in any story, ever, as to why you'd continue throwing your four-or-more subordinates at the heroes singly after two have already failed like that.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
The idea of the two girls comparing notes falls on its face when you realize this would require them to discuss Ogami calmly and logically. This is difficult on the face of it, doubly so given the background level of "hijinx" the theatre generates.

He could probably say that to all the girls, not just the pilots, with the same lack of worry about being caught.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Wyvernil posted:

Of course, this brings up the question of why they even need the giant robots if they can all fight equally well on foot.

Besides the fact that robots are cool, of course. :colbert:
I think you sort of answered it.

I think they just need to justify their government grant by spending it on something. Plus, it helps as far as keeping Kanna amused.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

seorin posted:

At the risk of quoting the same picture twice...

What happened to her arm?! :froggonk:
That's her bionic arm. She pulled it off to expose the flamethrower nozzle in her left bicep.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Could be worse. Could have been Kohran the pyrotechmaniac and Sakura the flip-out-if-another-female-is-withing-fifty-feet-of-Ogami shrill harpy.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Classtoise posted:

Then, when Sumire is drunk, Ogami sneaks back to Kanna who is all hot and bothered from punching things.
Really, that could work equally well for either one, at that point.

Or, heck, both. The consolation skits proved that they don't compare notes.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
...Who put awesome in my Ogami?

I can't imagine him on a motorcycle, much less crashing a wedding by riding it down the red carpet to steal the bride.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Even without Spirit Armor's embellishments, Sakura is still a clingy, jealous girl. This would not be so bad, were it not for the fact that 1) it happens instantly, and 2) it happens without any official recognition of status. I mean, if he had a jealous girlfriend... a little odd, but if that's his thing, fine. Without that, she's quite simply stalking him. Yeah, by standards of anime girls this isn't that bad, since she's not actively trying to do him physical harm, but it's still scary.

Personally, I find Maria, as the calmest available, to be the one best suited. Sure, she's got an itchy trigger finger, but at least it's not going to be pulled in the heat of the moment--just after fairly calm decision to do so.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
So you don't get the game's versions of the stories, huh?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Only girl I actually don't really like is Kanna, so Sumire by default.

Quick edit: And what happens if you let time run out?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I think that was the best update in a long time.

Sakura's meltdown and the telekinetic plushies ( :psyduck: ) were classic.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I've recently found most of the Sakura Taisen translated manga.

I figure that if this thread starts to falter in activity, I'll post a scan of Iris I found that's really, really bad.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I am disappointed you didn't propose bromides of Ogami.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Grunduggerer posted:

This coming from the one with the super move where hundreds of little robots she created blow themselves up.
Right. She knows when to make them to blow up, and when to make them to blow other things up. Her super move is the former, Koubu are the latter.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spirit Armor posted:

Wait, I--

That--

Don't make me unleash freaky bizarro Ogami on you. :argh:
I thought that was an intentional joke?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
To Lsnewton: Amen.

And, uh, forgive me, but I'm sorta curious what happens if you don't shield Kohran. Does someone else save her?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
So, this episode featured a semi-nude Ogami chasing a girl down a corridor and implications that Tsubaki's a lesbian whom Ogami locked in a room with the object of her affection, and none of this is Spirit Armor's additions?

:psyduck:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Schadenfraulein posted:

That was my assumption. It's likely that the Hanagumi couldn't even make breakfast without gravely injuring Ohgami.
Even without Ogami, who's going to cook?

Sakura would just manage to clumsily smash everything before it's edible. Kanna would eat it all herself, possibly without benefit of preperation. Iris would insist that someone else should do it, probably threatening to cry. Kohran would try to make a device to do it for her that would inevitably explode. Maria would be puzzled that this is a problem that could be solved neither through angst nor shooting. Sumire would choose someone else to "delegate" it to.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I love how the additions play in here. :downs: First there's Ogami's excuse to be in the courtyard, and then his "epiphany" on Kohran's reasoning.

It's almost an MST3King of the story, but it flows with the original better.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

CannonFodder posted:

Dammit Japan. :argh: I guess if joining Iris in bed got some super duper BAD END where Ogami is slowly roasted over an open fire to be fed to the Badguys of Darkness, it would be ok. But noooooo that just somehow has to be a way to something not nearly as bad.
It probably makes her flattered and increases her trust level.

Or she flips out about it.

It's a crapshoot.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

GruntyThrst posted:

I'm having trouble imagining how a blimptrain would work. I mean a train runs on tracks, and a blimp flies.
So it drags the tracks into the air, too.

Duh.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I like the full blow-by-blows, personally.

I won't complain if they're gone, but I'll miss 'em.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Now I'm imagining a kitten-causing sword attack, too.

Or at least a Family Guy cat launcher. Except more a sword than a crossbow. Pull back the blade and fling it with the rebound.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I've gotta agree with Vimes.

The teaser practically made me forget about this update, and given Kanna and Ogami wrestled a bull to the ground in this one, that's saying something.

Or maybe I just prefer Maria to Kanna. Same diff.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I have and always shall support Maria. :patriot:

However, I am somewhat irritated you didn't say it'd look better on Ogami.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Aw. :3: Maria.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Maria's crew knows better than to get involved in this sort of yelling match.

Screw your Sumire-excuses and bomb fetishes, we'll just vote for Maria.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Kirbyoto posted:

At least nobody's defending Iris, and that's what counts.
Fixed that for you.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spirit Armor posted:

Not shown: Each picture of each item flying straight into Sumire's cleavage.
:( Disappointing.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

CannonFodder posted:

I have an older idea but no ability to draw, can I get Jacobus Spades to draw me something? It's Sakura Wars related, but not quite as good as OHSHITITSIRIS
Hit me up on AIM if you can't get him. If I think it's good, I'll take a crack at it. I'm no Jacobus, but I can at least give it form.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I am deeply disappointed you didn't just tell Kanna to do her best.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

veekie posted:

lol Kanna, she speaks truth.
I would have an easier time translating this if it were ancient Greek.

I'm not even kidding.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

veekie posted:

The picture says it all really, what could Kanna say related to the image that could get her shot?
I'm dense. I have no idea what you're trying to tell me.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

LaserShark posted:

Assuming this plays out like the Saturn version
:gonk: I'm gonna learn to stop reading spoilers eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Figures I finish reading "The Difference Engine" and suddenly steam-powered computers take the fore here, too.

• Locked thread