Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
Voting we follow Sumire because Kanna probably doesn't need Ogami's help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
but we wouldn't try to get into kamina's pants

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
You realize it probably would've been pretty much the same effect (Kanna does all the punching, Ogami does nothing), right? It worked out better this way.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Sindai posted:

How did Kanna do that without making enough noise for Ogami and Sumire to hear?

Maybe she can punch out sound waves too.
She taped a silencer to her fists.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
...all right, fine, I was wrong for voting Sumire. Seriously, "punch the robots in the face" as a button-timing minigame is way better than point-and-click adventure.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
Ahahahaha Kanna is so loving awesome.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

07 Users Suck posted:

I just realized Kanna is like Big Boss, so badass if they cloned her they could use her to take on robots except unlike Snake she'd do it with her bare hands.
She's already got the bandana, after all.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Dominic Hokage posted:

Wait a minute, machines are born!? :gonk:
Kohran developed biotechnology just so the little kamikaze robots would feel pain before they died.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Revenant Threshold posted:

Hell yes.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Spirit Armor posted:

butch New Yorker Kanna
Ahahahahahahahaha, yes, this is the best thing ever.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
They're just grown for spare parts to replace all the parts that he's lost. For example, the earlobes that Maria shot off, or the organs that Kanna pummeled into a fine paste, or whatever bits Kohran may have exploded at some point.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Sindai posted:

Because Sumire turned out to be pretty boring.
That's pretty much why people vote for her, because she's the only choice where Ogami doesn't end up dead or maimed somehow.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
None of these conjectures involve Ogami being hurt and as such they're all incorrect.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Spirit Armor posted:

This marks pretty much the only consensual moment of flirtation in the entire goddamn LP so far.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

07 Users Suck posted:

Ogami is also Sakura's prey too.

And Iris. :gonk:
But he actually asked Sumire, and she reciprocated without getting embarrassed or angry. We are witnessing a landmark event, ladies and gentlemen.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
No, seriously, vote Sumire, for Ogami's sake. She's the one least likely to make his Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder flare up once he retires.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Terashell posted:

That was painful.
And look, we've found your weakness in two easy steps.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

BklynBruzer posted:

Okay what the gently caress does SAN mean?
To summarize it in a way that's not entirely based on RPG stats: Sanity.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Spikey posted:

Sumire's been outfitted with "ballistics" all right.
I was just about to make this joke, god drat it.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
At least nobody's defending Sakura, and that's what counts.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

little_firebird posted:

You Sumire fans shouldn't get so excited about her boobs....her's are only 1 cm slightly bigger than Sakura's :v:
It's not size, it's presentation.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Mile'ionaha posted:

If I met a girl like Kanna: tall, strong, well endowed, and pretty fun to party with, I can assure you that I'd not be calling her a 'man' and kicking her outta bed.
Normally I'd let this slide but your avatar makes this totally hilarious.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Terashell posted:

I got bored and had Jacobus Spades draw me something.
I love it!

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
Ogami ought to have a move called the "Ticket-Taker" tho

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

veekie posted:

Ogami needs BURNING SPIRIT for everything. If only to distract himself from reality.
I think you're on to something. What if it's less "Noble spirit of the hot-blooded warrior" and more "OH GOD I NEED THE RUSH, GIVE ME MY COMBAT HIGH"?

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
Let's not get crazy here and think Ogami's actually cool, guys. He's still an emasculated whipping boy for a harem of lunatics who just happens to, every so often, vent his frustration in a manner that could be perceived as admirable.

Now if he started actually dealing with the girls instead of being their constant whipping boy, maybe he'd be the kind of person you're talking about. As it is, we're left with Ogami, the impotent loser who takes out his bottled-up fury on potatoes and mundane tasks.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Zereth posted:

I think Sakura's supposed to be a klutz in the game, too. Remember how she keeps tripping during performances? It's just that we, the viewers, don't like her so much, so mostly we see her showing up to stalk Ogami and murdering the poo poo out of Wakiji. But everybody can do that last one.
It's kind of hard to judge Sakura since we just plain ignore her. We hate and fear Iris, but nobody really gives a poo poo about Sakura.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

ZeeToo posted:

Yes? :shobon:

I may have a lot of time on my hands.
Sounds like someone's making excuses for having questionable pictures of Iris conspicuously on-hand.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

PunkBoy posted:

Wow...that's...a lot darker than the game.
And it's goddamn awesome. Wakiji full of gross ol' guts? Iris having psychic backlashes? A surgeon making an incision into a Wakiji while surrounded by chanting women? Ogami actually acting like he's in charge of the unit, and people listening to him??

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

Roger Explosion posted:

MAN JAW.
On both of 'em.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

harperdc posted:

I don't know what's worse, the mecha or that I get that reference? :v:
We've already had plenty of Kohran-as-Ork comparisons, so it's not that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
This thread is basically a swirling nethergate from LP to ADTRW anyways. Why would anyone deny it?

• Locked thread