Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Car
Sep 14, 2009
Good God, I was sure that by the time I caught up with this thread the LP would be finished. I guess not.

Anyway, another long-time Sakura Wars fan here to say the usual things (i.e. "This LP is awesome" and "I registered because of this thread"). Also, I'm glad you're doing Maria's path -- she's always been my favorite of the Teikoku Kagekidan girls.

quote:

From that special training, I have gained the strength to conquer my weaknesses.
Now, my eyes will reflect only your dying bodies.
Maria Tachibana. Remember that name. Spread it through Hell.

And with good reason. :swoon: (Kohran's a close second, though --I guess I just can't resist :science: and evil laughter?)

... because everyone really cares about that, I'm sure! Anyway, to summarize, I'm just here to add one more to the tally of people who think this thread is loving awesome and you should feel awesome.

(Also, I'm surprised Ohgami's SAN stat didn't hit rock-bottom long ago. I guess his general obliviousness protects him.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Car
Sep 14, 2009

Narsham posted:

My theory is that he's just operating in a campaign where the GM is willing to grant SAN gain for even the tiniest successes.

You have successfully put your pants on, Ogami. Gain 1d3 SAN.

That actually makes a frightening amount of sense.

CommissarMega posted:

Who IS going to be in S5 anyway? Anyone we know, or a whole new mob of... interesting characters?

New mob of interesting characters. Possibly even more "interesting" than the ones in this game. Though yeah, the main character is indeed Ohgami's occasionally-referenced nephew.

Ghost Car
Sep 14, 2009

McFrugal posted:

Maria causes him to fear for his life. Sakura his mind/privacy, and Sumire his... liver? Actually I'm not sure if Sumire is really very antagonistic to Ogami at all.

I would say Sumire causes him to fear for his self-esteem, but I don't think he has any anymore.

Ghost Car
Sep 14, 2009

pumpinglemma posted:

Wait. Am I reading this wrong, or did Kanna kill Winnie the Pooh at age four? :gonk:

Not only that, she killed Winnie the Pooh before Winnie the Pooh even existed. She's just that good.

Ghost Car
Sep 14, 2009

Isizzlehorn posted:

Subaru sounds like a boy

... Isn't Subaru supposed to sound like a boy? Or at least androgynous? I was pleasantly surprised that the VA managed that all right, actually; usually when female VAs are playing characters who are male, androgynous, or female-pretending-to-be-male, it doesn't sound very convincing. Subaru's VA doesn't do it perfectly, but she does a hell of a lot better than, for example, a certain character in Persona 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Car
Sep 14, 2009

RedMagus posted:

Where's the wash bin gag come from though? I've seen it done a couple of times in Japanese media.

I always figured it was basically the Japanese version of the "bucket of water over the door" practical joke. In other words, it doesn't "come from" anywhere in particular, it's just a sort of standard prank. I could be wrong though.

• Locked thread