Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
This is the best kind of LP; one covering a game a lot of us know about but would never get the chance to experience otherwise. For years I've seen various Sakura Taisen characters, import reviews and references, and always wondered what the games themselves would be like- and thanks to you, all the other goons like me are finally getting a chance to see what all the fuss is about. Keep up the good work, man. There are undoubtedly plenty of us here that would follow you into the Sakura Taisen sequel LPs if the motivation is there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
Oh snap, glasses spotted. Accident-prone, often involving explosions? Nifty accent? Personality that doesn't fall into the plain-and-clingy/icequeen/drunken-hellbitch/shrill-and-underage categories?

Kohran's clearly top choice. +1 vote! :supaburn:

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
Hey, without spoiling anything, how soon is our final mystery pilot coming in? Next chapter? I'm sticking with :supaburn: for now but how can any of us rightfully choose before all the cards are on the table?

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
Yeeeah, I might switch my vote to Kanna after they flesh her out a bit. Completely aside from what the readers here think of the girls, Kanna just seems so... appropriate for Ogami. With his a continuously-crushed sense of self and personal will, she would be the perfect match for him. Like the stereotypical confident male lead/submissive female lead, but in reverse.

And she's more woman than the rest of the gang, and yet more man than Ogami will ever be.

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
Aw, gently caress it. Kanna actually hits me as the most honest and sweet and heart-of-gold of the girls, who just never thought about doing anything other than Karate and thus is now probably able to grind bones to dust with her fingertips. And it's so goddamned cute when Ogami makes her feel like a girl and gets all shy (for her) and blushy.

Switching vote from Kohran to Kanna. I want to see this happen. The most we're likely to get out of Maria (who seems to get off on being withholding) is a teeny bit of emotion right at the end of the game- but even though Kanna's just recently showed up, she's just kept delivering again and again.

One Legged Cat fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 9, 2007

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
I agree that we should be spending more time with Kanna, but I'm afraid of what will happen to our protagonist if he doesn't appease the local eldritch deity's request for a date.

Go for it, but try not to go overboard. Do only what is asked, nothing more.

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
This just keeps getting better and better.

Not just the game's content, which is always interesting (as there is more Kanna in it now), but the way the "extra" content is building upon itself just makes this thread all the more golden.

One Legged Cat fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 9, 2008

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
Be proud, Spirit Armor. Unless I'm mistaken, you've managed to rile the LP forum into a long, grueling vote war fiercer than any it's ever seen.

edit: Well, excluding the week that the Animal Crossing OP left everyone to decide whether or not to open the box.

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
Putting in the 2nd-round vote for Kanna. Because Ogami does like tomboyish girls.

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE

Schadenfraulein posted:

Why are you people not voting for the obvious choice here?

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
My god. This LP is turning into something that'll be remembered around here for ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE

Moon Slayer posted:

Just out of curiosity, Spirit Armor, but how much more of the game is left? This LP has been going on for over half a year, and I'm wondering if it will be in the running for longest-running LP ever.

Actually, the Starfox 64 video LP is just a couple months away from being a year old now. Fucker still hasn't uploaded the final video.

• Locked thread