Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Good Witch
Sep 13, 2004
Holy crap, I have finally caught up with this!

You are doing an AMAZING job, Spirit Armor. I, like many people, have heard of Sakura Taisen and heard some of the music, but that was about it. Thank you for translating this so we can learn more about it!

I kind of see Iris using the word 'lover' very literally, like "someone who loves me." It doesn't necessarily have a sexual connotation. I'm hoping this is right because that picture of Iris teaching Ogami to play the piano was ADORABLE and I don't want to feel dirty.

I really like Sakura because I'm a sucker for one twoo wuvs so I'm voting for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Good Witch
Sep 13, 2004

TheGreenAvenger posted:

No, the word she uses is definitely more like the version of the word "lover" that means "someone who has sex with me." I maintain that she's not supposed to really know what the word means, but since she spends all her time around adults, she never really learned the word for 'boyfriend' or whatever.

That's fair - without seeing the kanji (or, um, being able to read Japanese) I'm really just making stuff up. That makes a lot of sense without making me feel icky about thinking that platonically they're very sweet together.

The Good Witch
Sep 13, 2004
oh, Sakura, you do have a spine! A scary, scary, homicidal spine.

I'm so glad this thread is active again! And Spirit Armor, congrats on not not graduating! :)

The Good Witch
Sep 13, 2004
The video store near where I work is closing down and this LP made me buy the OAV since it was deeply discounted. I better like it or else you owe me big, Spirit Armor! ;)

Still voting for Sakura because I like crazy types. :colbert:

The Good Witch
Sep 13, 2004
Sailor Mars!

Besides, Sumire is still wearing her impractical kimono and so she'll inevitably trip and twist her ankle and so Ogami will have to carry her. And she's so soft...

• Locked thread