Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Out of curiosity what causes the little bug that clears the forums off my SALR menu? It comes back fairly quickly, but I just can't find a common action that precedes it's sudden disappearance. I'm using 1.99.* if it makes a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Gyges posted:

Out of curiosity what causes the little bug that clears the forums off my SALR menu? It comes back fairly quickly, but I just can't find a common action that precedes it's sudden disappearance. I'm using 1.99.* if it makes a difference.

It's got some sort of silly timer. I really need to get around to redoing it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I know that this has been brought up over and over again, but I can't see any quoted images. There used to be that checkbox that said "use SALR style rating system" or something to that extent that fixed it but since the latest update that's gone. I just tried uninstalling the extension completely as you said a few pages back to no avail.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Theoretically it should work, the reason the checkbox went is the broken rating style also went.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Dudley posted:

Theoretically it should work, the reason the checkbox went is the broken rating style also went.

It's really confusing. I'm using the same version of Firefox at home at at work. My work computer is the one I previously posted from. My home computer (which I'm posting from now) doesn't have the quoting images problem. The only noticeable difference between the two is Vista here at home and XP at work? Why would that matter? I really don't get it.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Yodzilla posted:

It's really confusing. I'm using the same version of Firefox at home at at work. My work computer is the one I previously posted from. My home computer (which I'm posting from now) doesn't have the quoting images problem. The only noticeable difference between the two is Vista here at home and XP at work? Why would that matter? I really don't get it.

This is to the devs: is the setting still there even though the option in the gui was removed?

I can't find it in about :config though.

erebus25
Jan 20, 2004

by Lowtax

||||||| posted:

This is to the devs: is the setting still there even though the option in the gui was removed?

I can't find it in about :config though.

The setting is
code:
extensions.salastread.enableThreadRating
I've still got the setting there, but the code that actually does the threadRating was removed in SVN version 85 so there isn't anything that fucks around with the thread rating in the current release.
BUT, as I mentioned before the quoted images are hidden by default and only made visible via a Javascript function, should any Javascript fail before this bit of Javascript executes (in the site or from SALR) the quoted images won't be made visible again. :(
Sorry to ask but, Yodzilla are you 100% sure that your home computer has the most up to date version of SALR installed? Are you seeing any Javascript errors while browsing SA at home?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

erebus25 posted:

BUT, as I mentioned before the quoted images are hidden by default and only made visible via a Javascript function, should any Javascript fail before this bit of Javascript executes (in the site or from SALR) the quoted images won't be made visible again. :(
Sorry to ask but, Yodzilla are you 100% sure that your home computer has the most up to date version of SALR installed? Are you seeing any Javascript errors while browsing SA at home?

No Javascript errors on my home computer, but that's where the images work. It's my work computer where the images are broken. I'll check first thing tomorrow morning and report back.

As for latest version, Firefox is telling my that SALR on my home computer is 1.99.070730. My work version should be the same as I downloaded the latest build and installed it today.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

No Javascript errors on my home computer, but that's where the images work. It's my work computer where the images are broken. I'll check first thing tomorrow morning and report back.

As for latest version, Firefox is telling my that SALR on my home computer is 1.99.070730. My work version should be the same as I downloaded the latest build and installed it today.

Set extensions.salastread.suppressErrors to false and let us know if you get any error messages.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

duz posted:

Set extensions.salastread.suppressErrors to false and let us know if you get any error messages.

Nope. None here on my home machine.

erebus25
Jan 20, 2004

by Lowtax

Yodzilla posted:

Sorry yes, check your work computer for Javascript errors, SALR version. And if you are still having problems do the standard uninstall/reinstall SALR and see if that clears up the problem. Oh and you aren't running Greasemonkey + SALR userscripts on your work computer as well are you? As I said any Javascript error could stop the quoted images from displaying so even if you're running a up to date SALR a rogue Greasemonkey script with errors could cause the same effect.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

Nope. None here on my home machine.

Well since your home machine works fine, I wouldn't expect any.
Try it on the one that isn't working.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

duz posted:

Well since your home machine works fine, I wouldn't expect any.
Try it on the one that isn't working.

No errors here on my work computer as of this morning. However, I had to restart after installing some updates and now the images work. So apparently just uninstalling SALR, closing Firefox, and reinstalling the latest version wasn't enough to clear away whatever hangups this thing was having. :goleft: Sorry for the trouble, but that was kind of odd.

wang souffle
Apr 26, 2002
Is OP username highlighting broken or did I break something? Other highlights like SALR developer still work.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

wang souffle posted:

Is OP username highlighting broken or did I break something? Other highlights like SALR developer still work.

erebus25 posted:

Let's just repeat that so that the next three pages aren't full of people asking the same thing.

IF YOU THE THREAD POSTER'S NAME ISN'T BEING HIGHLIGHTED GO TO THE "USER CONTROL PANEL" LINK AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE THEN "EDIT OPTIONS" AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE "Highlight the username of the "original poster" in thread posts" SET TO YES.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT
He didn't say anything about the next five pages.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Zorilla posted:

He didn't say anything about the next five pages.
That was posted on page 2, this makes the 3rd page since it was posted. We almost made it too. :gbsmith:

erebus25
Jan 20, 2004

by Lowtax

wang souffle posted:

I've been thinking of coding something into SALR that prevents people of posting in this thread without reading ALL the previous pages. All those that agree say AYE.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

erebus25 posted:

I've been thinking of coding something into SALR that prevents people of posting in this thread without reading ALL the previous pages. All those that agree say AYE.

You can make themload every page, you can even make them scroll all the way down. You can't, however, make them read.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

erebus25 posted:

Hah, and you guys gave me poo poo for giving people poo poo. :D

HOW DOES IT TASTE

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Jethro posted:

Given the fact that development has slowed down for now, and the same questions keep getting asked and answered, I move that ||||||| close this thread and open a new one to make it easier for people to get super quick answers.
Well I guess I was loving wrong, wasn't I?

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Accipiter posted:

Hah, and you guys gave me poo poo for giving people poo poo. :D

HOW DOES IT TASTE

:glomp:

Jethro posted:

Well I guess I was loving wrong, wasn't I?

Told you so :colbert:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Disgustipated posted:

That was posted on page 2, this makes the 3rd page since it was posted. We almost made it too. :gbsmith:

I had even edited the first post when that change was made. It's like the second or third sentance in the entire thread and people still can't read. Sigh.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there a way to add Bookmarked Threads page to the SALR menu? I can't seem to find it.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

kri kri posted:

Is there a way to add Bookmarked Threads page to the SALR menu? I can't seem to find it.

In the options, use the "Add URL" button on the menu tab to add the URL of the page. You'll need to restart Firefox for it to show up.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

SFrost007 posted:

In the options, use the "Add URL" button on the menu tab to add the URL of the page. You'll need to restart Firefox for it to show up.

I love you. :wooper:

Flesh
Dec 30, 2004

In The Flesh, Again
I know this is not directly related with the extension but can anyone tell me how I can change the font the forums use for posts? Perhaps make it bigger or change the font face, or bold? Would I do this in usercontent.css? And how? Thanks in advance.

erebus25
Jan 20, 2004

by Lowtax
Assuming you just want the post text and not anything else to change you could drop this into your userContent.css

code:
@-moz-document url-prefix([url]http://forums.somethingawful.com[/url]) {
  #thread table td.postbody { font-family: "Comic Sans MS"; font-size: 20pt; color: purple }
}
Now you can have BYOB in every forum!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Using the current nightly, and somehow I lost my on page grenade icon thing. I want to be able to browse the threads by clicking on the page and bringing those arrows up. I have "Allow Mouse Gestures to Navigate Around Threads and Forums" thinking that would enable it. Am I missing something?

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Alfalfa posted:

Using the current nightly, and somehow I lost my on page grenade icon thing. I want to be able to browse the threads by clicking on the page and bringing those arrows up. I have "Allow Mouse Gestures to Navigate Around Threads and Forums" thinking that would enable it. Am I missing something?

Favicon? the SA menu Background?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

||||||| posted:

Favicon? the SA menu Background?

Err let me rephrase, as it might not be a grenade thing lol. When I used to hold down my middle button on my mouse on a thread, 4 big rear end arrows would pop up on the page. I could then use those arrows to move around the forums, go back;shortcuts;certain forums; etc etc. How do I get that back?

Now that I thinka bout it I really dont think there was a grenade thing in the middle... Sorry for the confusion. :)

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
Those are "Mouse Gestures". They used to be on the general tab but I might have moved them somewhere else.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Tivac posted:

Those are "Mouse Gestures". They used to be on the general tab but I might have moved them somewhere else.

I have them enabled. But they still aren't working for me and I don't know why

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Could someone make this work with Gran Paradiso, FireFox 3 beta? Please.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/3.0a7/releasenotes/

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
There seems to be a slight problem with mouse gestures in the single-user post list. (The one you get to by clicking the "?" link next to someone's post; not sure what else to call it.) When you try to use gestures there, it navigates you to the page number you're trying to get to in the thread itself, rather than that page number in the user's list of posts. Didn't see this mentioned elsewhere in the thread or on Bounty Source, so I hope this isn't a repeat.

Cuddly Dan
Jul 6, 2005
Hugs are kewl! <3

Ehjpic posted:

Could someone make this work with Gran Paradiso, FireFox 3 beta? Please.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/3.0a7/releasenotes/

I'm running build 21007081105 (the nightly build that's just a couple of days newer than your Firefox 3 alpha 7) and the latest SALR build from BountySource, and it works almost perfectly. What troubles are you having with it?

The only problem I have is that Quickquote/reply/post do not work, but only on one of my machines. Whenever I click a Quick button, I get a Javascript error of:

JavaScript Application posted:

[Exception... "Componenet returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILUR) [nsIDOMWindow.sizeToContent]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://salastread/content/quickquote.js :: togglePreview :: line684" data: no]

The Quick Reply window then appears and seems to work perfectly, but I after I click the Submit button, the XUL for the checkboxes and buttons at the bottom disappear and the post never appears. If I try to resize the Quick window, the XUL reappears. This error has been happening for a few months, if I remember correctly.

On my other machine running the same build of Firefox and SALR, this error does not occur and I am able to post perfectly.

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

:siren:EVERYTHING I SAY ABOUT JAPAN OR LIVING IN JAPAN IS COMPLETELY WRONG, BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'LL :spergin: ABOUT IT.:siren:

PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR IGNORE LIST.

IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A JAPAN THREAD, PLEASE PM A MODERATOR SO THAT I CAN BE BANNED.
How do I apply a patch that I download from BountySource?

Dr. Jack Griffin
Apr 6, 2006

Sorry if this has already been posted, but is there a way to have SALR color threads for multiple users on one computer?

My girlfriend reads threads using her account, and they turn green (or blue of course); then I log in and the threads she read are still colored. Any way to keep this unique per account?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Bona Weiss posted:

Sorry if this has already been posted, but is there a way to have SALR color threads for multiple users on one computer?

My girlfriend reads threads using her account, and they turn green (or blue of course); then I log in and the threads she read are still colored. Any way to keep this unique per account?

All thread tracking should be server-side now; if you're still having issues, try setting up separate Firefox profiles for the both of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
What color do the boards use for highlighting the OP? I want my SALR to use the same color.

• Locked thread