Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
It begins. :derp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
So I'm guessing everyone else's 'jump to last read' buttons aren't showing either? I do get a 'mark thread as unread' button on the control panel / bookmarked threads page.

I've disabled SALR, so it's the forums not the add-on.

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

^^^^^^^ Yay, it not just me! The links do appear on the forum display pages.

With and without SALR installed, I'm seeing no links to the first unread post on the User Control Panel and the Bookmarked Threads page. Tell me it's not just me. :(

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Posts are colored as read/unread correctly, but definitely no buttons on forums pages.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Ah, turn on highlighting of read threads in the control panel to get the buttons back. :)

I'm leaving SALR off for now.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

You have to go enable all the stuff we were using before in the user CP.

It still lacks the file menu bar, quick reply/quote, and the coloring leaves something to be desired (no difference between "new posts" and "no new posts"), but it's more usable than it was before.

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

withak posted:

Ah, turn on highlighting of read threads in the control panel to get the buttons back. :)

I have that on, and I get links on forum thread list pages, but not on UCP and BT.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

withak posted:

Doesn't work for me in the CP :(
And I don't want to be without right-click nav, but I'll do it if I have to, to get the "go to last read" button back

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

CygnusTM posted:

I have that on, and I get links on forum thread list pages, but not on UCP and BT.

Same here.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Revolvyerom posted:

Doesn't work for me in the CP :(
And I don't want to be without right-click nav, but I'll do it if I have to, to get the "go to last read" button back

Options:

Results:

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

But do you see them here and here? I don't.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Nono, it works fine for the forums listings.
NOT in the UCP though :(

Ice Blue
Mar 20, 2002

Sorry, I get paid to shoot paintballs, honey, not the breeze.
I turned thread highlighting in the CP but I miss the green ones. Why doesn't the official SA options support different colors for threads that have new posts?

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Revolvyerom posted:

Nono, it works fine for the forums listings.
NOT in the UCP though :(

Looks like it's been addressed.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2620961#post333209954

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

(this post is in no way related to the very newest board update)

SALR stopped doing a lot of cool poo poo I liked a while ago. The right-click gesture thing doesn't work, it doesn't resize custom title text, it doesn't shrink table-breaking images for me to resize by clicking.
Why did all of these cool things just stop working over time?

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Heran Bago posted:

SALR stopped doing a lot of cool poo poo I liked a while ago. The right-click gesture thing doesn't work, it doesn't resize custom title text, it doesn't shrink table-breaking images for me to resize by clicking.
Everything you just mentioned? Works fine for me.
Nightly SALR v. 1.99.070730
Firefox v. 2.0.06
Both before and after the forums update :shobon:

Saint Jerome
Sep 14, 2004

I will unite the Jews!

Heran Bago posted:

The right click gestures work for me. That's really the only reason I'm using it anymore.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I've got SALR turned back on and everything seems to be working normally now.

Chamberpothead
Nov 6, 2005

withak posted:

I've got SALR turned back on and everything seems to be working normally now.
Same here, the extension I have to restart Firefox came in real handy.

And I wanted to say thanks to the SALR devs again too. There's still plenty of advantages to client side stuff. I just started using the 'User Notes' feature a whole lot recently, but I would use SALR even if it only meant having that killer menu.

I've been thinking about putting a bounty on a couple of feature requests, but I really don't know what would be reasonable to offer. For example: giving starred threads an interface like the ignored threads, and/or mirroring the bookmarks so that they're available from a submenu.

I don't want to offer something insultingly small, but at the same time I certainly can't offer what I think your time is actually worth! :xd:

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

withak posted:

Options:

Results:

Thanks man, that worked for me.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

withak posted:

Options:

Results:

I have the same settings as you and same outcome. I miss green, and I've accidentally unread a few threads because I'm used to the icons being in the other order.

Flesh
Dec 30, 2004

In The Flesh, Again
Thread highlighting isn't working for me... Anyone else?

gi-
Aug 18, 2004

Flesh posted:

Thread highlighting isn't working for me... Anyone else?

It stopped working after today's update

Ice Blue
Mar 20, 2002

Sorry, I get paid to shoot paintballs, honey, not the breeze.
What's this right click gesture you guys are talking about?

Chamberpothead
Nov 6, 2005

Oops! Another thing not working: ignored threads! :smithicide:

But for some reason mine are still listed as ignored in the options. Even stranger: the thread list context menu is gone but not the one within the thread.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Ice Blue posted:

Right-click and hold to bring up a set of navigation buttons.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
The part pissing me off is the lack of highlighting on threads i've replied to.

Anukis
Jan 23, 2006

I'm an empathetic, sensitive, educated, intellectually curious non-idiot. Hi.
Things seem to be working fine with SALR enabled for me. Aside from the lack of green threads, SALR and the forums appear to be playing nicely with one another.

Ice Blue posted:

Don't do it! It's habit-forming to the point where you'll be unable to browse the forums without it!

tasslex
Apr 23, 2003

He's watching YOU

Anukis posted:

Don't do it! It's habit-forming to the point where you'll be unable to browse the forums without it!
I'm so used to it I automatically do it everywhere now. Is there a Greasemonkey script/Firefox add-on that adds functionality like this to multiple sites?

StupidFatHobbit
Jan 15, 2004
Feature Suggestion: Mousegesture (or whatever the gently caress it's called when you hold down right click and move the mouse in a certain direction) down when viewing a thread should take you to the last page or last post, it's currently unused.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I always thought that it should refresh the thread.

:f5:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

tasslex posted:

I'm so used to it I automatically do it everywhere now. Is there a Greasemonkey script/Firefox add-on that adds functionality like this to multiple sites?

http://optimoz.mozdev.org/gestures/
Other then a back function, I really don't like mouse gestures.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
I use All-in-one-gestures. I mostly use mouse gestures for zooming in and out of pages and to close tabs. It's also useful to open several links in separate tabs at the same time.

On Unicornback
Oct 17, 2004

The SALR for Safari thread seems to be archived so I'll try this question here --

I am satisfied with the SALR features present just from the forums' user control panel, but I miss the SA menu that is included in the firefox extension. Is there any sort of comparable menu for Safari? Safari 3 is so much faster than firefox :( .

King of Spit
May 18, 2006
The link in the OP doesn't work and I need to update my version, is there another site its hosted?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Seels posted:

The link in the OP doesn't work and I need to update my version, is there another site its hosted?

Looks like BountySource is having problems.
Here's a wip build that you can use for now.

duz fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 19, 2007

King of Spit
May 18, 2006

duz posted:

Looks like BountySource is having problems.
Here's a wip build that you can use for now.

How do I use an xpi?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Seels posted:

How do I use an xpi?

Drag it onto the FF window.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
If Firefox won't open it directly from the download site, copy the file to your desktop and then drag-and-drop it on an open Firefox window.

Edit: What he said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
Is there any way to get the old SALR buttons back? The forum buttoNs fill me with impotent rage. ARGH WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU MAKE THEM THE SAME COLOR AS THE FORUMS AND IMPOSSIBLE TO READ THIS IS THE STUPIDEST poo poo EVER :bang:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread