Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Awesome. I can't wait to get home and try this out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Just reporting a minor bug, it looks like the context menu isn't loading the correct thread ID for Ignore/Star This Thread. For me it's showing the same thread id no matter what thread I right-click. The pop-up notification box after choosing one of the options still has the correct one, though.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Idran posted:

Just reporting a minor bug, it looks like the context menu isn't loading the correct thread ID for Ignore/Star This Thread. For me it's showing the same thread id no matter what thread I right-click. The pop-up notification box after choosing one of the options still has the correct one, though.

Yeah, astral mentioned that in the channel the other day. Something weird was going on somewhere. It'll get fixed eventually.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Idran posted:

Yeah, a strange set of circumstances seems to cause that weird behavior. I spotted it the other night, and with a little bit of testing I found out this bug has been around since I originally got the context menu to start behaving in FF3 back in June. It's on my to-do list to both isolate the exact steps necessary to reproduce the bug and to figure out just why it's happening. Then it'll get fixed.

Thankfully, as noted, it doesn't affect the actual ignoring/starring, just the display in the contextual menu.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
The new additions are working out pretty well, except in some threads some images in unread posts are appearing very small, and when I click on them, they open in a new window (or tab, in my case).

I also have the GM script that futzes with [timg] tags, so maybe that's causing a problem?

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

hooah posted:

I also have the GM script that futzes with [timg] tags, so maybe that's causing a problem?

Probably- I think Greasemonkey scripts run after SALR does, so try and see what happens when you turn that script off.

Zorilla fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 4, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

As a bit of an update, it seems that the context menu label issues happen if you try to access the context menu before the page has fully loaded. Try to avoid doing that in the meantime, or else you will have to restart your browser to get it working properly again. :)

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Zorilla posted:

Probably- I think Greasemonkey scripts run after SALR does, so try and see what happens when you turn that script off.

Nope, same problems - little image which goes to an outside link.

It seems it might be just that particular image. Does Paintedover do weird things with their thumbnails?

hooah fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 4, 2008

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!
I have some questions that will undoubtedly point out how dumb and unobservant I am.

1. How does one ignore a thread? I see no way in which to do this.

2. What does the "Enable advanced thread filtering" option do in the Forums sub-menu of SALR preferences?

3. This is probably unrelated to SALR, but does anybody know why my signature doesn't show up in a thread even when I've got the box checked to show it?

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - Ted Nugent

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Biaxident posted:

I have some questions that will undoubtedly point out how dumb and unobservant I am.

1. How does one ignore a thread? I see no way in which to do this.

2. What does the "Enable advanced thread filtering" option do in the Forums sub-menu of SALR preferences?

3. This is probably unrelated to SALR, but does anybody know why my signature doesn't show up in a thread even when I've got the box checked to show it?

1. Right click it.

2. Lets you filter threads by key words in the title

3. Signatures are temporarily turned off to reduce load. It's SA's doing, not ours.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

duz posted:

1. Right click it.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I swear.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Your poo poo is broken.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

withak posted:

Your poo poo is broken.

WTF. I just went back and tried again. guess what happens? You guessed it. Works fine.

Edit: Not like it actually DOES anything when I click on ignore.

Biaxident fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 4, 2008

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

Okay, ignoring threads is 100% NOT working for me. I'll click on "ignore" and nothing happens. So I checked the ignored threads list in the settings menu and it's still blank. I'm not really sure what version of SALR I'm using but it should be the latest nightly. Firefox version 2.0.0.17

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Biaxident posted:

Firefox version 2.0.0.17

You should get Firefox 3. That'll probably fix it.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Biaxident posted:

Okay, ignoring threads is 100% NOT working for me. I'll click on "ignore" and nothing happens. So I checked the ignored threads list in the settings menu and it's still blank. I'm not really sure what version of SALR I'm using but it should be the latest nightly. Firefox version 2.0.0.17

Can you post the SALR version from your extensions manager? If you aren't updated to one of the last two nightlies (1.99.081101 or later), ignoring threads isn't going to be working well at all.

Also, thread ignoring is working fine for me with the latest nightly on the portable Firefox 2 I use for compatibility testing. Edit: egg, face, etc.

---

In other news: the next nightly build will have:

• Fixed starring-thread cache handling; starring threads will work now (doesn't add to bookmarks, but to the 'starred threads' menu you can have in your SALR menu)
  • Fixed saving ignored/starred thread titles immediately from thread view
  • Fixed saving starred thread titles immediately from forum view
  • Slightly better/more reliable context menu behavior (mostly redid how the context menu items are shown/hidden, removed an unnecessary "hide the SALR context menu" function call that caused annoyance)

astral fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 5, 2008

skywalker6705
Mar 16, 2006

"I can't fit my meat into my new shorts!"
You might want to put an exemption to the "hide images in seen posts" for emotes and such, as in many cases I'm seeing stuff as simple as :) replaced with a full like of "this image is hidden" text.

I was trying to think of a simple way to implement this, but since the emotes are updated so frequently with new ones, I don't know.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

skywalker6705 posted:

You might want to put an exemption to the "hide images in seen posts" for emotes and such, as in many cases I'm seeing stuff as simple as :) replaced with a full like of "this image is hidden" text.

I was trying to think of a simple way to implement this, but since the emotes are updated so frequently with new ones, I don't know.
As far as I know, all of the emotes are hosted on somethingawful, so it could possibly be done by domain. Although that would probably include the "user has decided to show you this" image attachments, too, so I dunno.

I still need to play around with the feature a little more before deciding whether or not I like it. I don't often visit image-heavy threads anymore, so it's less important to me.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

skywalker6705 posted:

There is an exemption for emotes hosted in SA's servers. Any you see that are blocked are hosted remotely. If not, link me a post so I can see where it is linking to and fix SALR.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Sorting by author right now sorts by userid. It doesn't carry over to the other pages though, unless you manually add the sort string to the url. Could SALR include a way to automatically add the "&sortorder=asc&sortfield=postusername" on pages past the first? I guess it'd be a different button on the forum navigator.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

duz posted:

There is an exemption for emotes hosted in SA's servers. Any you see that are blocked are hosted remotely. If not, link me a post so I can see where it is linking to and fix SALR.
The smiles in this very thread are blocked. The link goes to http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

duz
Jul 11, 2005

brc64 posted:

The smiles in this very thread are blocked. The link goes to http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Ah, some are in the /smilies/ folder and some are in the /emotes/ folder. I'll have that fixed for the next build.

fishmech posted:

Sorting by author right now sorts by userid. It doesn't carry over to the other pages though, unless you manually add the sort string to the url. Could SALR include a way to automatically add the "&sortorder=asc&sortfield=postusername" on pages past the first? I guess it'd be a different button on the forum navigator.

Those are forum bugs. We can't fix the former, but we might be able to fix the later. I'll try to get to it this weekend.

duz fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 4, 2008

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain
Is SALR broken for anyone else?

Not broken broken, but it doesn't give me the "go to first unread post" button next to threads.

Ziir
Nov 20, 2004

by Ozmaugh
Umm, why has every thread I've read been marked as completely read? Even if I go to a brand new thread and only read the first page, it marks it as the entire thing having been read.

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

I roll with my kitties and I'm hard as fuck.
see that big yellow box at the top of every page?

guessing that's why.

Filburt Shellbach
Nov 6, 2007

Apni tackat say tujay aaj mitta juu gaa!
It is; I use Opera and it's happening to me too. They are shutting off unnecessary functionality to keep the forums up tonight.

The upgrade is a lie. :shobon:

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

astral posted:

Can you post the SALR version from your extensions manager?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Biaxident posted:

By 'nothing happens' do you mean you do not even get the "Are you sure you want to ignore thread#(number)" dialog? Or do you get the dialog, but the thread does not immediately disappear from the thread list and will not show up in the ignored threads preference pane?

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

astral posted:

...the thread does not immediately disappear from the thread list and will not show up in the ignored threads preference pane?

This.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
Looks like threads that are stickied threads are now also stickied in my User CP, even if they're read. Is this part of the general forums update, or an SALR feature? Either way, can I get an option to disable it through SALR? :shobon:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Biaxident posted:

This.

Found the cause and I'm fixing it now; the next nightly should work fine for you and other FF2 users. :shobon:

It was totally my bad, too.

Edit: Fix is checked in and will be in the next nightly. Sorry about that!

astral fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Nov 5, 2008

fgwsss
Oct 7, 2004
Masturbation is good, but it is not the best, 'cause nothing beats the touch of your clitoris.
So what do we do about the tiny text?

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

I PLAYED BATTLETOADS AND ALL I GOT WAS A RASH IN MY ASS

duz posted:

Thanks to the hard work of astral, there's a new version out!

Fixed
Thread (un)ignoring is working again
Thread (un)starring is likely working as well
Embedding international Youtube videos working
Added link to view the thread a single post comes from

I noticed that since the latest upgrade (current version 1.99.*) stickied threads are also stickied in my bookmarks list. As in they are affixed to the top of the list even if they have no new posts (when the show threads with new posts option is checked). In previous versions stickied threads behaved like every other thread in my bookmark list.

This raises two concerns for.
1. Would someone be willing to change this behavior so that stickied threads aren't stickied in my bookmark list? Maybe as an option?

2. Would someone be willing to add an option that makes it possible to make the the threads I create sticky, both in forums listing and bookmarks?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Argon_Sloth posted:

I noticed that since the latest upgrade (current version 1.99.*) stickied threads are also stickied in my bookmarks list. As in they are affixed to the top of the list even if they have no new posts (when the show threads with new posts option is checked). In previous versions stickied threads behaved like every other thread in my bookmark list.

This raises two concerns for.
1. Would someone be willing to change this behavior so that stickied threads aren't stickied in my bookmark list? Maybe as an option?

2. Would someone be willing to add an option that makes it possible to make the the threads I create sticky, both in forums listing and bookmarks?

Just tested this by bookmarking the stickies here in SHSC and didn't see them bumped to the top of my control panel. So I have no idea what you're talking about.

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

duz posted:

Just tested this by bookmarking the stickies here in SHSC and didn't see them bumped to the top of my control panel. So I have no idea what you're talking about.

It seems to only effect threads that have been posted in recently enough to make your first page of book marks.

Here is a screen shot detailing what I'm seeing.

Click here for the full 1373x352 image.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Doesn't seem to do that for me:

Click here for the full 838x809 image.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Does it still do it if you turn off SALR? If so, go post about it in the QCS thread for the update.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

fishmech posted:

Doesn't seem to do that for me:

Click here for the full 838x809 image.

How do you get the forums to look like that? I like it.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

m2pt5 posted:

How do you get the forums to look like that? I like it.

Same Stylish sheet madprocess has more or less. I've added a another line to it that reduces the stength of the "closed thread" overlay, which Stylish will complain about but allow you to keep. Get Stylish for FireFox!
code:
@namespace url([url]http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml[/url]);

@-moz-document domain("forums.somethingawful.com"),domain("archives.somethingawful.com"),domain("forum.somethingawful.com") {

* { font-family: Corbel !important; }
code { font-family: Lucida Console !important; }

body {
		background-color: #000 !important;
		color: #ddd !important;
		}
	td.title, td.icon, td.replies, td.rating, td.posts, td.banned, #pm td, tr.seen1, td.seen1, #filter, .altcolor1 td, #main_full td, div.standard  {
		background-color: #323232 !important;
		border: 1px solid #434343 !important;
	}
	img.timg { visibility:visible  !important; }

td.author, td.icon2, td.views, td.lastpost, td.moderators, td.users, td.archived, td.topics, tr.seen2, td.seen2, .altcolor2 td  {
		background-color: #393939 !important;
	}

tr.thread.closed td { filter:gray; -moz-opacity:0.9 !important; }

th.icon, th.icon2, th.title, th.replies, th.rating, th.rate, th.author, th.rating, th.lastpost, th.views, .category, #pm th, #info th, th.moderators, .forumbar, .threadbar, #main_full th, .standard h2 {
		background-color: #434343 !important;
	}

.moderators { text-align: right !important; }

.qb2, textarea { 
		background-color: #478 !important;
		border: 1px solid #000 !important;
		padding: 10px !important;
		color: #eee !important;
-moz-appearance: none !important;
	}

select { 
		background-color: #434343 !important;
-moz-appearance: none !important;
	}

.qb2 h4 { color: #000 !important; }

pre { 
		background-color: #698B69 !important;
		padding: 10px !important;
		color: #fff !important;
		font-family: Corbel !important;
	}

pre hr { 
		color: #333 !important;
		background-color: #333 !important;
		height: 1px !important;
		border: 0 !important;
	}

a { color: #4F94CD !important; }

body, a:visited { color: #4481B2 !important; }
#usercpnav li { 
float:left; 
padding:1px 0em !important; 
background:#3f3f3f !important; 
border:1px #333 solid !important; 
font-size:12px !important; 
font-weight:normal !important; 
color:#036; 
}

a:hover { text-decoration: none !important; }

dt.author { color: #698B69 !important; }

select {
		height: 15px !important;
		background-color: #323232 !important;
	}

option {
		background-color: #4A708B !important;
		padding: 3px !important;
	}

#mp_bar {
		background-color: #393939 !important;
		padding: 5px !important;
	}

#globalmenu {
		background-color: #333 !important;
	}
	#container {
		width: 97% !important;
		margin-left: auto !important;
		margin-right: auto !important;
	}
td.title div.lastseen { 
	border:1px solid #050505 !important;
	background:bottom right no-repeat url('http://fishmech.net/newpost-button.PNG') #070707 !important;
	float:right !important;
	margin:5px !important;
	padding:0 !important;
	min-width:8px !important;
}
#forum td.title div.lastseen a.x {
	font-size:9px !important;
	border:0 !important;	
	color:#dbb !important;
	background:bottom left no-repeat url('http://fishmech.net/newpost-button.PNG') #070707 !important;
}
#forum td.title div.lastseen a.count {
	text-align:right !important;
	width:32px !important;
	border-left:1px #070707 solid !important;
	padding-right:12px !important;
}
form#ac_timemachine { 
margin:0 0 6px 0 !important;
font-weight:bold !important;
padding:2px !important;
padding-left:22px !important;
font-size:10px !important;
width:300px !important;
}
form#ac_timemachine.active {
background-image:url('http://i.somethingawful.com/core/icon/fsilk/clock_red.png') !important;
 width:370px !important;
}
#ac_timemachine { 
background:#3f3f3f url('http://i.somethingawful.com/core/icon/fsilk/clock.png') no-repeat !important;
 background-position: 3px 4px !important; 
}
#ac_timemachine select { 
}
#ac_timemachine input { 
}
table#forum.archives tr th, div.forumbar.archives { 
background-color:#8F0035 !important; 
}

#ad_banner_user, .ad_banner_oma, #searchboxes, #nav_purchase, #unregskyscraper { display: none !important; }
}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

duz posted:

Does it still do it if you turn off SALR? If so, go post about it in the QCS thread for the update.

Turning off restores expected behaviour.
After playing around with things, it seems the bug lies with "Show theads in bookmark list with new posts first" option. Unchecking it makes this work as expected.

Also thanks for the stylesheet fishmech

• Locked thread