Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

astral posted:

Found the cause and I'm fixing it now; the next nightly should work fine for you and other FF2 users. :shobon:

It was totally my bad, too.

Edit: Fix is checked in and will be in the next nightly. Sorry about that!

Excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Argon_Sloth posted:

Turning off restores expected behaviour.
After playing around with things, it seems the bug lies with "Show theads in bookmark list with new posts first" option. Unchecking it makes this work as expected.

Thanks, that was annoying the poo poo out of me.

edit: well nevermind, its even more annoying with it turned off. Yes, please fix this. Thanks.

wormil fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 6, 2008

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

fishmech posted:

Same Stylish sheet madprocess has more or less. I've added a another line to it that reduces the stength of the "closed thread" overlay, which Stylish will complain about but allow you to keep. Get Stylish for FireFox!

Ok, I got Stylish. I went to the Manage window, hit Write, pasted all that in the text box and named it Dark SA. It's enabled, but it's not working. Are there any other extensions that it is known to conflict with?

Edit: I found a different darker one to use, but the textarea on the posting page is mostly unreadable. I commented out all the font changes, but I'm not sure what this is. It's white text on a very light gray background.

Edit2: Duh, I edited out the url tags that the forum wrapped around the namespace url and it works.

m2pt5 fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 6, 2008

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

m2pt5 posted:

Ok, I got Stylish. I went to the Manage window, hit Write, pasted all that in the text box and named it Dark SA. It's enabled, but it's not working. Are there any other extensions that it is known to conflict with?

Edit: I found a different darker one to use, but the textarea on the posting page is mostly unreadable. I commented out all the font changes, but I'm not sure what this is. It's white text on a very light gray background.

Edit2: Duh, I edited out the url tags that the forum wrapped around the namespace url and it works.

Yeah that older dark mod basically ignored a lot of stuff, me and madprocess worked together to make the one I posted look right and consistent.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

For some reason I can't unbookmark threads in my CP since the stars were added. There used to be little check boxes and an "unbookmark checked" button. Am I (probably) missing something obvious? I read back through the past few pages but didn't see it mentioned. I'm using v1.99 with Firefox 3.0.3.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
Pretty sure that was mentioned in the forum updates?

Chamberpothead
Nov 6, 2005

Sloppy posted:

For some reason I can't unbookmark threads in my CP since the stars were added. There used to be little check boxes and an "unbookmark checked" button. Am I (probably) missing something obvious? I read back through the past few pages but didn't see it mentioned. I'm using v1.99 with Firefox 3.0.3.
Cycle through the stars 'til it's blank. Kind of awkward for multiple threads, but whatcha gon' do?

Chamberpothead
Nov 6, 2005

Here's a little problem with image hiding: getting linked to a post in a thread and then backtracking to the OP - there's no way to mark the OP unread without hunting it down in the thread list search. Screwing with setseen and resetseen doesn't seem to work.

e: OK, resetseen works, but it drops you into the forum list, so you have to go back and reload.

Sort of along those same lines - maybe replacing the bookmark links within the thread view with javascript to prevent reloads screwing with unread posts?

(Hmm, more enhancements to the 'last read' aspect of SALR? Hmmmmm..... )

Chamberpothead fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 6, 2008

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

I roll with my kitties and I'm hard as fuck.
Is there a way to get the fancy [timg] stuff to work for images that SALR resizes too because that would be pretty neat.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

leonje posted:

Is there a way to get the fancy [timg] stuff to work for images that SALR resizes too because that would be pretty neat.

I want to if it's possible. I need to look into the code to see what it does.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
I have a maybe stupid question. I've been a long time user of the opera last read, but recently been using firefox since not trying it in years. I've got the last read working mostly how I liked it in opera, but the OP highlighting doesn't seem to work. I've got it all set up and mods/admins highlight as they should.

Is there just some really easy step I'm missing?

edit: for that matter I can't seem to add names to the custom user highlighting section. Is this just bugginess with firefox 3.0.3?

hobb fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 8, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

hobb posted:

I have a maybe stupid question. I've been a long time user of the opera last read, but recently been using firefox since not trying it in years. I've got the last read working mostly how I liked it in opera, but the OP highlighting doesn't seem to work. I've got it all set up and mods/admins highlight as they should.

Is there just some really easy step I'm missing?

edit: for that matter I can't seem to add names to the custom user highlighting section. Is this just bugginess with firefox 3.0.3?

Do you have your forum side preferences set to the ones shown in the OP? My bad, it's not listed there. This is the forum side preference you want to check:

I just took a look in my custom user highlight section; adding a new user seemed to work but it won't let me delete it. I'll dive into the code and find out what's going on.

Edit: Found a few major bugs in the user highlight managing stuff. Fixing 'em.

Edit 2: All fixed! I'll bug duz to push a new build with all the recent fixes.

Edit 3: On a related note, this led to me discovering a color picker bug where if you tried to pick a color by changing the RGB values (and not the hex rgb or the HSB values), it wouldn't update the hex rgb, the thumbnail of your color, or the return value. This has also been fixed. :)

astral fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 8, 2008

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Updates!

Bunch of bug fixes by astral!
Fixed issues with the context menu
Fixed issues with star/unstar threads
Fixed issues with editing user colors/notes
Fixed not all emotes being skipped by the unlinker

Chamberpothead
Nov 6, 2005

E: Well poo poo, seems like the problem was with a greasemonkey script :o:

Chamberpothead fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 9, 2008

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Any plans to fix (remove or allow the disabling of) sticky threads being forced to the top of the UCP list?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

I'm not seeing stickies pushed to the top in my bookmarks. Firefox 3.0.3, SALR 1.99.081108, Windows XP SP2.

skywalker6705
Mar 16, 2006

"I can't fit my meat into my new shorts!"

fishmech posted:

Yeah that older dark mod basically ignored a lot of stuff, me and madprocess worked together to make the one I posted look right and consistent.

I'm really digging this stylish script, only I'm running into two issues. First is that the read posts on a page are appearing with the forum default colors for read posts.

Loving the updates to SALR lately, glad to have it back and functional in my list of extensions.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

m2pt5 posted:

I'm not seeing stickies pushed to the top in my bookmarks. Firefox 3.0.3, SALR 1.99.081108, Windows XP SP2.

I am and it is mildly annoying. Do you actually have any stickies bookmarked?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

wormil posted:

I have two stickies bookmarked and neither of them are stuck at the top of my user control panel (with the same Windows, Firefox and SALR versions as m2pt5). :shobon:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Revolvyerom posted:

Any plans to fix (remove or allow the disabling of) sticky threads being forced to the top of the UCP list?

Yes.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

wormil posted:

Edit: I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't actually have any stickies bookmarked.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Anyone else having the forums block posting from the SALR pop up window? That'd be a pretty lovely change if SALR can't work around it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Casao posted:

Anyone else having the forums block posting from the SALR pop up window? That'd be a pretty lovely change if SALR can't work around it.

We're looking into it.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
I still can't add usernames to the highlight field for some strange reason. I can however add a blank name if I just hit ok without typing anything in prompt. I wonder whats going on.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Quick reply/quote is broken due to a forums update. This post is going to help me check the behavior of the new validation system.

Note: Quick edit still works fine.

test post test test2

code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/xmvuG3q.gif[/img]
code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ZBkQ7Zm.jpg[/img]
[URL=http://imgur.com/ZBkQ7Zm][img]http://i.imgur.com/ZBkQ7Zm.jpg[/img][/URL]
code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/nt1UF58.gif[/img]
code:
[url]http://i.imgur.com/nt1UF58.gifv[/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXsN7nwg9iE
turns into:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXsN7nwg9iE

astral fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 17, 2016

astral
Apr 26, 2004

hobb posted:

I still can't add usernames to the highlight field for some strange reason. I can however add a blank name if I just hit ok without typing anything in prompt. I wonder whats going on.

You're supposed to add them by userid (the number). Perhaps the dialog box should clarify this a little better (current text: "Please enter the user's SA Forums ID / Their username will be picked up while browsing the forums"). I'll also look into why it tries to add a userid of zero if you leave it blank. First priority right now, though, is quick quote/reply.

astral fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 10, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Looks like we're all set for fixing quick reply/quote.

Clarification edit: These fixes will show up in the next build.

astral fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 11, 2008

killer ninjas
Mar 10, 2005

astral posted:

Quick reply/quote is broken due to a forums update. This post is going to help me check the behavior of the new validation system.

Note: Quick edit still works fine.

Nope, Quick Reply/Quote is now apparently broken due to SALR specifically.

What the fuckingfuck?

killer ninjas fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 11, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

killer ninjas posted:

Nope, Quick Reply/Quote is now apparently broken due to SALR specifically.

I'm not going to get into a semantics argument with you (if you want one, look up 'due to'), but my sentence was correct as written. As of today, the forums have a new system for new post/reply authentication which involves a new hidden input (form_cookie) in the post/reply forms. This broke SALR's quick post/reply/quote since we weren't set up to deal with it yet. I went ahead and added provisional support for this new system, so everything should be working fine after the next SALR build comes out. The only thing I didn't get to test was the posting of new threads (but it should be working), so hopefully someone can test it when the build comes out and let us know.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

astral posted:

I'm not going to get into a semantics argument with you (if you want one, look up 'due to'), but my sentence was correct as written. As of today, the forums have a new system for new post/reply authentication which involves a new hidden input (form_cookie) in the post/reply forms. This broke SALR's quick post/reply/quote since we weren't set up to deal with it yet. I went ahead and added provisional support for this new system, so everything should be working fine after the next SALR build comes out. The only thing I didn't get to test was the posting of new threads (but it should be working), so hopefully someone can test it when the build comes out and let us know.

I'm wondering if it wasn't intentional, since it specifically mentions SALR.

But really, was I missing a rash of spam postings that encourage this? Unless this adds in double post prevention, I don't see it being any big thing.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

killer ninjas posted:

What the fuckingfuck?

Yeah, this looks like kind of a dick move, but it probably has something to do with bringing back double post protection in a more robust manner (I'm guessing it's through the hidden "formkey" field in the reply form. Biz is probably working on getting the Quick Reply window to pull this code on open).

edit: aaah, I feel like Homer trying to use the phone after the area code split. This is going to take some getting used to.

Zorilla fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 11, 2008

dog
Jul 17, 2007

astral posted:

It does not work for me, and I just got the latest build.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Casao posted:

I'm wondering if it wasn't intentional, since it specifically mentions SALR.

But really, was I missing a rash of spam postings that encourage this? Unless this adds in double post prevention, I don't see it being any big thing.

The form_cookie looks like it changes every time you load a reply/quote/etc page. My best guess right now is that the forums maintain a list of recent form_cookies and let your post go through if you submit a valid one. If a form_cookie then expires after it's used to make a post, that would probably prevent double-posting. Aside from that, I don't know what might have prompted the implementation of this new system, but I'm sure there is probably some other good reason involved.

Edit: I should add that it was no problem at all to just grab the form_cookie value and use it, so you can rule out any ideas of forum administrator malevolence. The message about SALR was likely put in there because they knew SALR would break at first and they don't want to get support mail just because a third-party addon doesn't support something they did. :)

Edit 2: Since there's no extra note, I think it's safe to assume that it just compares the form_cookie of a new post against the form_cookie of your last successful post (which is stored). Not providing a form_cookie yields an error since it doesn't have anything to store to compare against.

astral fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 11, 2008

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Chakra posted:

It does not work for me, and I just got the latest build.
There's a decent chance you didn't read his post.

quote:

after the next SALR build comes out.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Zorilla posted:

Biz is probably working on getting the Quick Reply window to pull this code on open
If by "biz" you mean "biznatchio," he hasn't had anything to do with SALR in years. :wtc:

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

Disgustipated posted:

If by "biz" you mean "biznatchio," he hasn't had anything to do with SALR in years. :wtc:

Oops, confused him and Duz

dog
Jul 17, 2007

Revolvyerom posted:

There's a decent chance you didn't read his post.

Thanks for the concern, but yes I read his post. I think I'm confused about what a "build" is :downs:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Chakra posted:

Thanks for the concern, but yes I read his post. I think I'm confused about what a "build" is :downs:

http://www.techweb.com/encyclopedia?term=build&x=0&y=0 :)

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Updated!

Thanks to astral for fixing this as soon as it broke so I didn't have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer ninjas
Mar 10, 2005

duz posted:

Updated!

Thanks to astral for fixing this as soon as it broke so I didn't have to.

Yeah, it works!!

Thanks duz and astral. :cheers:

• Locked thread