Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
astral
Apr 26, 2004

PolarPear posted:

A few unimportant things, the color selection settings need a bit more vertical space, a scrollbar, or shrinking. The button to change the my post is quoted color is 2 pixels tall. Also it doesn't apply user colors to posts when you are replying to threads but it does apply default colors.

Great work on the extension, viewing bookmarked threads as being different colors according to which has new posts is something the forums should have by default.

Turns out in some cases Firefox has trouble calculating a prefpane's proper height (all that stuff is done automagically). Thanks for letting me know; this will be fixed in the next version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.140211:siren:

Notes:
  • Fixed color prefpane height being calculated weirdly in some cases.
  • Fixed custom user highlighting names not updating with name changes.
  • Disabled the SALR-has-updated notification temporarily.
  • Fixed some SALR weirdness in archived threads.

---

Recent notes:
  • SALR project officially moved to GitHub!
  • Restored and enhanced in-thread seen/unseen post coloring functionality. (default off; if things look weird based on old settings, you can use the 'Load Default Colors' button)
  • Enabling/disabling the SA Menu no longer requires a browser restart.
  • Fixed SALR's thread load reanchoring.
  • Minor bugfixes and optimizations.

Happyloony
Oct 19, 2012
I have switched from chrome to firefox and I'm wondering if this feature is in or I'm just blind.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Happyloony posted:

I have switched from chrome to firefox and I'm wondering if this feature is in or I'm just blind.

A feature similar to that is in, but appears to have been broken (and overlooked) when the forum redesign slightly changed the structure of the thread list.

I've fixed it for the next SALR version and modified it so it doesn't show the number until SALR has properly detected your posts-per-page settings, which is done automatically when you view a thread that has pages.

e: Adding more pages going backwards from the last can still be a potential feature.

e2:

:siren: v1.99.140212:siren:

Note:
  • Fixed last page number calculation in thread lists. Can't see it? Visit a thread with multiple pages to refresh the detected number of posts per page.

astral fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Feb 13, 2014

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005

Am I the only one who is have a problem with some of the forums graphics now being missing? I no longer see icons (Rant, Web ex cetera), the stars on the left hand side of the page. The thread rating is now top to bottom with no graphics. Reply, Quote, and Bookmark are word links with no graphics. I no longer see any avatars.

I assume that this something to do with some forum redesign?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Hit ctrl F5 to refresh your cache or command + R on Mac

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005

Schweinhund posted:

Hit ctrl F5 to refresh your cache or command + R on Mac

Unfortunately this doesn't help. I doesn't matter which profile I use (27.01 (main) or 3.6.28 (rarely visit SA)). They both have this problem.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

I'd blame Cloudflare; you might need to enter one of their captchas depending on what country you're in thanks to some DDOS attack(s) on the forums. I'm not sure what triggers the captcha-entering but you might be able to get it by visiting one of the images directly, like http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/forum-post.gif

See also these threads in QCS: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3601879
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3501654&pagenumber=32#post426276846

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

When can we expect an update for the default colors in byob?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

John Cena posted:

When can we expect an update for the default colors in byob?

Within the next few days; thanks for letting me know it's back.

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005

astral posted:

I'd blame Cloudflare; you might need to enter one of their captchas depending on what country you're in thanks to some DDOS attack(s) on the forums. I'm not sure what triggers the captcha-entering but you might be able to get it by visiting one of the images directly, like http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/forum-post.gif

See also these threads in QCS: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3601879
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3501654&pagenumber=32#post426276846

Thanks for your help. It was the wonkyness of the free wifi that I was using at the time.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.140308:siren:

Note:
  • Readded and updated thread/post coloring for BYOB.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Any way to quickly put together a "Parameterized Form" URL like this one in SALR?

Click here to visit SA

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

astral posted:

:siren: v1.99.140308:siren:

Note:
  • Readded and updated thread/post coloring for BYOB.

Is it worth setting exceptions for DDRD?

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

xilni posted:

Any way to quickly put together a "Parameterized Form" URL like this one in SALR?

Click here to visit SA

A what?

Do you mean like this?

If so, you type what you want, select it, then click vB code button, URL. Then paste the URL you want.

There might be a shortcut but I didn't check.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

ryanbruce posted:

A what?

Do you mean like this?

If so, you type what you want, select it, then click vB code button, URL. Then paste the URL you want.

There might be a shortcut but I didn't check.

Wow, exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I just found this add-on and I had a question that I couldn't find an answer to in the FAQ, the first couple of pages, or in any of the menus of the add-on itself:
Is there a way I can mark a particular post on a thread as the last one I have read?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Nth Doctor posted:

I just found this add-on and I had a question that I couldn't find an answer to in the FAQ, the first couple of pages, or in any of the menus of the add-on itself:
Is there a way I can mark a particular post on a thread as the last one I have read?

You can do that without SALR, you just have to click that little page icon in the very bottom left corner of a post, under the user title.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Sereri posted:

You can do that without SALR, you just have to click that little page icon in the very bottom left corner of a post, under the user title.
I don't see any page icon. Is there some option I've missed on the control panel?

E: Nevermind, found the option!

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Nth Doctor posted:

I don't see any page icon. Is there some option I've missed on the control panel?

E: Nevermind, found the option!

User Control Panel > Edit Options > Set "Show an icon next to each post indicating if it has been seen or not" to yes

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
I've used the SALR menu icon like a pinned tab, but with the new Australis UI, it looks a little out of place.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hmm it fits fine in the OSX version. I hate the little arrow pointing down. I know why it's there, but it messes with alignment and I think you can afford to lose it and still have that function discoverable.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Goddamn, wrong tab open.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 29, 2014

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Can SALR convert webm links to video embeds with autoplay disabled. Thanks in advance, forums heroes.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.140604:siren:

• Fixed hide/show avatar toggles not saving if a post on the page was ignored.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Thanks for the update! Hiding avatars is great for all annoying those people with bloody seizure gifs. I have the toggle gifs extension but it doesn't remember setting between uses.

In the custom user highlighting and notes section, is it possible to alphabetise or otherwise sort the entries? I tend to add quite a few users to it when they post something interesting (or stupid) so I can remember them if I see one of their posts later. Going back to add to their entry can be quite a challenge when all the users are in no particular order.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Is it worth setting exceptions for DDRD?

I wanted to see if that forum's style would settle down, and it seems to look okay now. My eyes are still traumatized by my first "What's that forum?" visit.

The Dark One posted:

I've used the SALR menu icon like a pinned tab, but with the new Australis UI, it looks a little out of place.

The Dave posted:

Hmm it fits fine in the OSX version. I hate the little arrow pointing down. I know why it's there, but it messes with alignment and I think you can afford to lose it and still have that function discoverable.

I'll eventually see if I can figure out what's causing the weird alignment issue in Australis's customize window. Lowest priority, though.

Peanut and the Gang posted:

Can SALR convert webm links to video embeds with autoplay disabled. Thanks in advance, forums heroes.

Does this happen that often? Maybe it can be added eventually.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Thanks for the update! Hiding avatars is great for all annoying those people with bloody seizure gifs. I have the toggle gifs extension but it doesn't remember setting between uses.

In the custom user highlighting and notes section, is it possible to alphabetise or otherwise sort the entries? I tend to add quite a few users to it when they post something interesting (or stupid) so I can remember them if I see one of their posts later. Going back to add to their entry can be quite a challenge when all the users are in no particular order.

This is something I'd like to implement. In the meantime, you might be able to use their regdate as sort of a guide since the listbox should be sorted by user id.
edit: I made the Add Coloring/Note button highlight that user in the list box, so that should be a better solution for the meantime.

astral fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 6, 2014

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

astral posted:

Does this happen that often? Maybe it can be added eventually.

Webm is the future of gif! People would use them but not right now because they can only post links to them instead of making them ~*~inline~*~.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.140606:siren:

• Clicking the "Add Coloring/Note" button now automatically selects that user in the list box.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

astral posted:

• Clicking the "Add Coloring/Note" button now automatically selects that user in the list box.
Jesus loving Christ on a pogostick, it's all I've ever dreamed of.

Now I can continue on my mission to tag everyone who outs themselves on these forums as being or speaking Dutch.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Flipperwaldt posted:

Jesus loving Christ on a pogostick, it's all I've ever dreamed of.

Now I can continue on my mission to tag everyone who outs themselves on these forums as being or speaking Dutch.

Orange, right? You'll make them orange.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Orange, right? You'll make them orange.
That would have made so much more sense than cyan.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

astral posted:

Now, that's a fast response! I only wish IT at worked was a tenth as good.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Flipperwaldt posted:

Well now I feel less weird for doing that with my fellow country men.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

astral posted:

I actually regret commenting before I really tried it, because this new feature doesn't work for me at all. Like it doesn't do anything different from the previous versions. Doublechecked the version number and it's the same as what I quoted just now.

I have a range of ad, script and cross site request blocking addons installed, if that matters at all. FF 29.0.1 on Windows.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

I actually regret commenting before I really tried it, because this new feature doesn't work for me at all. Like it doesn't do anything different from the previous versions. Doublechecked the version number and it's the same as what I quoted just now.

I have a range of ad, script and cross site request blocking addons installed, if that matters at all. FF 29.0.1 on Windows.

Note that it does not attempt to scroll to the user in the list (thanks to a bug I encountered where Firefox thought a listitem was visible when it really wasn't), but on the right-hand side it should show the user you just clicked the "Add Coloring/Note" button for with buttons to change colors and a textbox/button to change the note, and if you scroll the listbox yourself you should find that user is selected.

Just to clarify, none of this is happening for you?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

astral posted:

Note that it does not attempt to scroll to the user in the list (thanks to a bug I encountered where Firefox thought a listitem was visible when it really wasn't), but on the right-hand side it should show the user you just clicked the "Add Coloring/Note" button for with buttons to change colors and a textbox/button to change the note, and if you scroll the listbox yourself you should find that user is selected.

Just to clarify, none of this is happening for you?
None of it. It actually even says "Select a user to customize" and the coloring buttons, the user note text box and update note button are greyed out. If I click the scrollbar of the list, the first user gets the cursor (hollow selection rectangle instead of full blue bar). If I click a user manually, it of course gets the blue bar and color controls, textbox and update button activate.

This is all after clicking on the Add Coloring/Note button below a post of someone I already gave a custom color/note.

If I do this for a new user, username is indicated in the right column and color controls and text box are active (like they might have been in previous versions - or is that what was new?) even though when I scroll down in the list there's no visual indication that user is actually selected there (which is inconsistent but I don't really care).

Now when I add a new user, it has always been at the bottom of the list initially, so finding it wasn't really a problem in the first place. It's editing an existing user that would benefit the most from autoselection.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

None of it. It actually even says "Select a user to customize" and the coloring buttons, the user note text box and update note button are greyed out. If I click the scrollbar of the list, the first user gets the cursor (hollow selection rectangle instead of full blue bar). If I click a user manually, it of course gets the blue bar and color controls, textbox and update button activate.

This is all after clicking on the Add Coloring/Note button below a post of someone I already gave a custom color/note.

If I do this for a new user, username is indicated in the right column and color controls and text box are active (like they might have been in previous versions - or is that what was new?) even though when I scroll down in the list there's no visual indication that user is actually selected there (which is inconsistent but I don't really care).

Now when I add a new user, it has always been at the bottom of the list initially, so finding it wasn't really a problem in the first place. It's editing an existing user that would benefit the most from autoselection.

Very strange - I think I may have managed to reproduce this issue.

e: It's even simpler than I thought. Should have it fixed soon.

astral fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 12, 2014

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Restarting the browser didn't make a difference. That's my own posts I'm testing that on, in case that makes a difference.

Anyway, pretty sweet that you're going through the effort and all that; very much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.140612:siren:

• "Add Coloring/Note" button bugfix.
---

Flipperwaldt posted:

Restarting the browser didn't make a difference. That's my own posts I'm testing that on, in case that makes a difference.

Anyway, pretty sweet that you're going through the effort and all that; very much appreciated.

At first, that was the only way I could reproduce it, but then I discovered what was causing it. Thanks again for catching this problem!

• Locked thread