Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

I PLAYED BATTLETOADS AND ALL I GOT WAS A RASH IN MY ASS

duz posted:

Thanks to the hard work of astral, there's a new version out!

Fixed
Thread (un)ignoring is working again
Thread (un)starring is likely working as well
Embedding international Youtube videos working
Added link to view the thread a single post comes from

I noticed that since the latest upgrade (current version 1.99.*) stickied threads are also stickied in my bookmarks list. As in they are affixed to the top of the list even if they have no new posts (when the show threads with new posts option is checked). In previous versions stickied threads behaved like every other thread in my bookmark list.

This raises two concerns for.
1. Would someone be willing to change this behavior so that stickied threads aren't stickied in my bookmark list? Maybe as an option?

2. Would someone be willing to add an option that makes it possible to make the the threads I create sticky, both in forums listing and bookmarks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

duz posted:

Just tested this by bookmarking the stickies here in SHSC and didn't see them bumped to the top of my control panel. So I have no idea what you're talking about.

It seems to only effect threads that have been posted in recently enough to make your first page of book marks.

Here is a screen shot detailing what I'm seeing.

Click here for the full 1373x352 image.

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

duz posted:

Does it still do it if you turn off SALR? If so, go post about it in the QCS thread for the update.

Turning off restores expected behaviour.
After playing around with things, it seems the bug lies with "Show theads in bookmark list with new posts first" option. Unchecking it makes this work as expected.

Also thanks for the stylesheet fishmech

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

Feature Request:
I would like the SALR menu to act more like the Bookmarks menu. I've got two smaller feature requests that detail the behaviour I'm looking for.

1. Middle-click consistency
Middle clicking on any item in the SA menu results in the the SA menu closing as Firefox opens the related page in a new tab.

2. Pinned forums act as tree
Such that Pinned Forums section of the menu is replaced with submenu listing your pinned forums. Or groups of pinned forums. When combined with the Middle-click consistency multiple forums could be opened by middle clicking on the Pinned forums item in the SALR menu.

A tree with only one level wouldn't be much of a tree.
So I would like to be able to include a folder mechanic in the Pinned Forums submenu. For example, most of the time I browse the forums I want to look through GBS, A/T and AI. When the mood strikes me I feel like looking at E/N and Helldump.
I might want to set up my SALR menu to look like this:
pre:
SA -> \
  Stuff that's already there
  -----------
  Pinned Forums -> \
      Regular -> \ 
         GBS
         A/T
         AI
      Schadenfreude ->\
         E/N
         HD2K
Ideally I'd like to see both features working in tandem. So that I could middle click on Pinned Forums and have SALR open new tabs for each forum in any subdirectory of my Pinned Forums sub menu while closing the SALR menu. Or if I feel like laughing at losers on the internet. I want to be able to just middle click on Schadenfreude.

In the case where a subforum belongs to multiple categories and I indicate that I want to open everything, SALR should catch the duplicates and only open one instance of each forum in the list.

If the Acts As Tree request is implemented, would it be possible to add the items already in the SALR menu to Pinned Forums folders? Such that I could add my Control Panel to the General Folder in the above example.

I realize that this could easily be done with bookmarks. But, with the exception of "Configure SALastRead..." the entire SA menu is just autogenerated site specific Bookmarks.

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

Using SALR 1.99.090126 right now, with an irregular colour scheme set by my window manager.

The SA menu does not fit this colour scheme at all, while the grenade is cool. I would rather have the SA menu match the rest of the UI by letting firefox tell it which colours to use, then choose for itself. I'd get a screen shot for you, but I can't seem to do that with a menu open.

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

fishmech posted:

I tried editing the grenade background to add transparency but apparently all that does i add white in the transparent area. In the meantime, you should just disable the "Use SA Grenade Background on jump menu" option.

Thanks that did it. I scanned the options, but that was before I realized that the source of my problems was the grenade logo.

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

Every so often I see a reply with a quote but don't remember reading the quoted text. I'd like to make it easy to see the context of the quoted text.

So now I've got a feature request.

Could users names in quotes be made to be links to that users's posts in a thread?

eg:
Argon_Sloth posted

It would be nice if the post containing the link you clicked was copied into another window. Kind of like the quick post/edit/reply. Just for easy comparision.

I realize SALR can't make additional db calls per page load. So this becomes harder to do when the quoted poster doesn't have a post on the current page. As a proposed solution, can save a lookup table in a file of user name -> userid for all posters the user has seen in each thread removing a thread's look up table after a month of inactivity?

I know that last bit isn't possible with pure javascript. But I don't really know the internals of SALR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

Feature Request:

Ignore user link added to each post.

Expected behaviour:

When clicked the user is presented with a confirmation dialog box. If the SALR user responds with yes the user who's post contained the "Ignore user link" will be added to the SALR user's ignored user list.

Thanks in advance.

• Locked thread