Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dies Irae
May 12, 2001

You won't believe what I found in the desert - another lost tape deck!

Mr Crucial posted:

OK, I have a small feature request. Can we have a little bubble that pops up when you mouse-over a smilie with the code for that smilie displayed? Sometimes I have no idea what a particular smilie is supposed to be representing, and it helps to know the code if I want to use it in future without having to scroll through the whole list.

I'd add this to the feature request myself but :effort: (thats : effort :, kids)
Someone posted this script for Greasemonkey a while back (may have even been the old SALR thread?) that does exactly this, hope this works for you:
code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name           Smilie Replacer
// @include        [url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/*[/url]
// ==/UserScript==

var images = document.getElementsByTagName("img");

for ( var i = 0; i < images.length ; i++ ) { 
  if ( images[i].src.match(/emoticons/) ) {
    images[i].title = ":" + images[i].src.split(/emoticons\//)[1].split(/\./)[0].split(/\-/)[1] + ":";
  } 
  if ( images[i].src.match(/smilies/)) {
    images[i].title = ":" + images[i].src.split(/smilies\//)[1].split(/\./)[0] + ":";
  }
}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread