Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns
so does SALR no longer tracks threads and replies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns
Is there any way to have this extension highlight the OP of a thread, and no one else? I don't care about mods, admins or SALR developers. From what I see, its either highlight them all, or highlight none.

duz posted:

No, there shouldn't.

seems like a good idea to me. Some people would rather be reminded thats theres another page in the thread before they make a reply.

nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns

Zorilla posted:

Poor design considerations aren't the fault of the user whether they learn to work around them or not. While I don't think SALR needs to fix these problems, I think it's still dumb to have a "Post" button inside threads- that was the previous thing I wrote a script to address. It completely violates the common sense in which most people would assume this button performs some function inside this thread, rather than going up one level and posting something there.

I agree. Isn't the point of SALR to improve the forums UI? Theres no sensible reason why a new post icon should exist on page 12 or a 30 page thread, nor is there any reason why a user would need to start a new thread from within another thread. Removing these items would improve the UI as a whole, and should be added at least as an option.

nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns

Zorilla posted:

You must not really agree because I don't think SALR should do any of those things. Just get this script instead if you want to remove the Post button.

Why shouldn't SALR fix these things? Do you not agree that the point of SALR is to improve the UI of the forums? If not, then what is the point of SALR? You obviously agree that removing the Post buttons will improve the forum usability.

• Locked thread