Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

duz posted:

It should work fine now, I pushed out an update an hour or so ago.
Let me know if it is still broken.
I just checked for an update and got nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

MyDogIsBeano posted:

What preferences can I not see here?

First, you should be able to resize the preferences window.

Second, the preferences window in the latest version looks nothing like that. You need to upgrade.

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

Xenomorph posted:

i'm running 1.99.070725.

i've never been able to resize the window, ever since the original SALR came out.

there use to be options that got cut off for me, but luckily things changed with later versions re-designs.

edit, the current preferences window opens to 577x566, static size.
I found the difference. If you open the options windows via the Add-ons panel, it's static. If you open it via the SA menu, it's resizeable.

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

Ehjpic posted:

How hard would it be for someone to make a new feature that showed the newest posts, from all over the forum, not just one thread?
There exist RSS feeds for some forums. See my sig.

SA Forums RSS - GBS - Games - SH/SC - TV IV - SA-Mart - D&D - Ask/Tell - Coupons - Others

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

erebus25 posted:

O.k. a little history lesson first.

Original the forums didn't have the bookmark feature, then SALR came along a gave people the new feature of being able to subscribe to threads!
Thread subscriptions existed long before SALR. It was built into vB.

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

Mr Crucial posted:

OK, I have a small feature request. Can we have a little bubble that pops up when you mouse-over a smilie with the code for that smilie displayed? Sometimes I have no idea what a particular smilie is supposed to be representing, and it helps to know the code if I want to use it in future without having to scroll through the whole list.

I'd add this to the feature request myself but :effort: (thats : effort :, kids)
Just quote the post and read the "source."

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

^^^^^^^ Yay, it not just me! The links do appear on the forum display pages.

With and without SALR installed, I'm seeing no links to the first unread post on the User Control Panel and the Bookmarked Threads page. Tell me it's not just me. :(

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

withak posted:

Ah, turn on highlighting of read threads in the control panel to get the buttons back. :)

I'm leaving SALR off for now.
I have that on, and I get links on forum thread list pages, but not on UCP and BT.

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

But do you see them here and here? I don't.

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

duz posted:

Anyways, what does Winrar have to do with the craziness that makes up the menu?
Nothing. XPIs are actually ZIP archives.

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

duz posted:

That is intended so you can open several forums at once.
I actually wish it wouldn't do that. I never open multiple things from the SA menu at once. Minor annoyance, though.

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

Would is be possible to make the inline video converter recognize international YouTube sites? (uk.youtube.com, it.youtube.com, etc.)

SA Forums RSS - GBS - Games - SH/SC - TV IV - SA-Mart - D&D - Ask/Tell - Coupons - Others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

duz posted:

Embedding international Youtube videos working
Awesome! Thanks.

• Locked thread