Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
yay a new OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

Lollerich posted:

Why doesn't the plugin auto-update itself any longer?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2098 will help with that. It picks up updates much faster.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

Those are "Mouse Gestures". They used to be on the general tab but I might have moved them somewhere else.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

duz posted:

I blame tivac since he got excited and cleared out a ton of SQLite code when the forums took over the last read functionality. I'll have to keep an eye out for the ignore thread stuff while I work on speeding up the code.

Hey screw you buddy. Maybe if I can ever get some free time I'll start checking into some of this.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

I agree that SALR shouldn't be bloated to protect retards from doing stupid things. Learn to use the forums.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

Schurik posted:

Is there any possibility for SALR (or the forums themselves) to open all bookmarked threads with new posts in new tabs? I'm getting tired of clicking through twenty arrows or so every time I visit my bookmarks. If not, consider this a feature request.

You want Snap Links. Combined with SALR moving all unread threads to the top it makes it super easy to open all threads with new unread posts at once.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

Somebody should really just run that stylesheet through CSSEmbed so it doesn't depend on any externally-hosted images at all.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

astral, will part of the changes to deprecate very old Firefox support include electrolysis support? My developer version just offered me the ability to enable it and I did, but it breaks SALR at the moment. This bums me out, I <3 SALR.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

astral posted:

I just tested and the legacy version of SALR works fine under Electrolysis with the compatibility shim in Nightly, but not Developer Edition. I'd guess some compatibility shim stuff didn't make it into Developer Edition or something.

To more fully answer your question, though, and to give a bit of a status report: SALR natively supporting Electrolysis rather than using the shim would be ideal, for sure. So far I've got SALR working as a restartless addon and I've broken up the backend code from our one giant XPCOM component into several modules. After I finish tearing the last remaining bits of browser UI out of the old overlay script and putting them into the new UI module, I'll start looking at how SALR interacts with page content.

I'm awful glad you're in charge of SALR development now, I only understand about half of that & I contributed code to SALR once upon a time! XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015/08/21/the-future-of-developing-firefox-add-ons/

Interesting... :ohdear:

• Locked thread