Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

Volte posted:

On both Firefox 2 and 3, and with the most recent just-released SALR posted a couple of posts up (as well as the previous one before that), I'm getting the same error as astral error on every thread-view.

Me too. Oddly enough though, at work, I can use SALR fine!

I wonder what it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

PovRayMan posted:

I am getting this so then I just went to the SALR options, checked "don't display error popups"

Problem solved!

If your house was on fire and someone told you "just look away problem solved" I don't think you'd be too cool with that

Some of the features just don't plain work because of that error

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
Hi, for those getting the popup crash bug where a lot of features stop working and it gives an annoying error, I fixed the problem by deleting my mozilla folder in application data. This is probably more heavy handed than is necessary, but it worked for me.

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
this is pretty funny, but I'm getting like double and triple posts in salr now sometimes, it's weird

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

Idran posted:

I don't think that's SALR. Generic Admin had to disable the double post protection a while back while she was trying to ease the server load some until she can rewrite it, because it was too big of a hit on the server. For now, any accidental multiple click on the post button will multi-post.

I only clicked once on the submit button in the quick reply interface, so it sure wasn't hitting the button a lot

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
Well, after completely deleting my profile and reinstalling the extension, the errors are back sporadically.

Also, is there any particular bug preventing the emoticons looking squashed bug being fixed in the quick reply window?

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

Zorilla posted:

Are you using a custom Windows visual style? If so, what happens when you switch back to Luna? Non-default font sizes may mess this up as well.

I'm using the classic style for XP (that looks like 2000) with everything else as vanilla as you can get.

This has always been how icons have looked for FF3 w/ SALR. FF2 doesn't have this problem

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

astral posted:

The fix is checked in and should appear in the next nightly. :)

Honk honk thank you so much!

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
Does anyone else get an error loading this page?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2868693&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Using FF3 RC2 w/ SALR (How do you get an exact build number from SALR?)

After this error occurs, the reply/edit/quote/post buttons no longer contain the quick feature

The Noble Nobbler fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 6, 2008

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

pik_d posted:

Scroll up, the quick quote feature is in the posts including and above duz's last post, and while I didn't read your error message I have a feeling it's the same as mine.

Oh, good find. In my case, it's crashing on a user named "Knobjockey" (...)

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
Test for crashing?
code:
[ b ][ url="http://www.tinkafoo.com/temp/motherf.gif"]MOTHERFUCKER[ /url ][ /b ]
Yup, that's it. Crashes if you enclose the url to an image in vb code (in this case bold) and have "convert image links to inline images turned on.

Doesn't crash if you remove the bold tags.

The Noble Nobbler fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 6, 2008

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

duz posted:

How odd, it's working fine for me. I'll have to do some digging.

Also, would moving the paginator from the corner to the status bar (to get rid of the FF3 slowdown) be a good idea or do many people hide the status bar?

Ug, I don't envy you then. I could give you a dump of my settings, but there isn't a way. Usually when I have a problem that I can't replicate I ask QA for their application settings.

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
I'm having a maddening problem with my pinned forums disappearing. They seem to come and go constantly, more often go.

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
Any quick fix for 3.5?

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
I think I've disabled every option SALR has, but it still hides my profiles custom image on my threads which I don't care for. Is this a bug or am I missing a setting somewhere? Disabling SALR brings the picture back

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

Swilo posted:

Did you somehow click Hide Avatar on your own post? If so it will say Show Avatar and you need to hit that.

I love you

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
I was interested in contributing to the project and was wondering if it's still alive and if I can grab commit rights at bountysource.

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
I'm curious--when I commit to the trunk, are they held until approved and a project lead merges or do they immediately become a part of the public trunk and the nightly?

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
Do you have any javascript / firefox development tool recommendations? I currently use Firebug and Aptana.

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
Hmm, I'm using 3.5 and everything seems to be working well. Are you using the latest build form the repository?

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

ClydeUmney posted:

Is there a list somewhere in the menu or setup screen of the keyboard shortcuts? Or is there a way to add them into the vB code dropdown menu. I mean, even something as simple as "Bold", "Underline", and so forth would be perfect. I don't need it for those as much as the ones that aren't immediately obvious. (I can't figure out URL to save my life.)

Well, I added it into the menu quick but it looked pretty lovely, so I'll check it out tomorrow or something and come up with a better way

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
How do we close tasks in bounty source that are stale or resolved?

Also, what in the world is advanced thread filtering supposed to do, I'm too lazy to open up the code and look :effort:

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
Well that's neat (I so should know this already). It also works fine for me. What happens for you? And are you using the latest version? As in, are you super duper sure you are

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

duz posted:

You have to open the bug, add a solution then accept the solution. Then, since BS is broken, it just sits there.

Fantastic, I'll get right on that then! Can I add a bug to fix bounty source solution bug and then accept it and then close it? When it closes for real you'll know it's fixed!

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
Well, I'd like to say it's a fast fix, but it's 3:30am here and the new smilies page has malformed html listitem links so, welp, it'll take more than 10 minutes that I don't have right now :\

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

astral posted:

I've done some regex wizardry and have it parsing the new smilies page properly. :wink:

I don't have TSVN installed on this computer, though, so it'll be a little while until I can commit it, and a little while after that until the build gets pushed out.

Edit: Committed that and brought the contextual menu back for FF 3.5. :)

Coolness, thanks =)

edit: Looks good so far!

The Noble Nobbler fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 21, 2009

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

brc64 posted:

So how does this work, exactly? Once it gets "pushed out", will Firefox just detect there's an update available and go from there, or do I need to go out somewhere and get it? Thanks for the work, by the way.

edit: Actually, I'm dumb, see if the latest version works for you now, I did a build and committed it

The link is the first link on the first post of this thread

The Noble Nobbler fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 21, 2009

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

ManifunkDestiny posted:

How come after I make a post in a thread, the URL automatically adds "#lastpost" to the end? Is there anything I need to disable or something so it doesn't add this everytime? It gets kind've annoying to delete after a while.

You sure that isn't just the forums appending that to the querystring?

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

duz posted:

I've now updated all the version numbers so that checking should auto detect it and upgrade.

What files need to be incremented for this feature to work? Could you either reply here or PM me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
By the way, I think your java wrapper commit broke the navigation keys, Astral, so you may want to look into that.

• Locked thread