Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Froist
Jun 6, 2004

kri kri posted:

Is there a way to add Bookmarked Threads page to the SALR menu? I can't seem to find it.

In the options, use the "Add URL" button on the menu tab to add the URL of the page. You'll need to restart Firefox for it to show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

I'm not sure if this was a feature of the forum software, SALR or my imagination.

I seem to remember seeing something discussed where you could show only posts by the OP of a thread. Knowing what's involved, I'd have to say this probably isn't possible through SALR, but I can't find the feature anywhere in the forums as standard.

Can anyone throw some light on this, or have I dreamt the whole thing up?

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Revolvyerom posted:

SALR certainly allows you to color posts by a specific user any way you like. There's not nifty "+" button, but just go to the SALR options->users and add them by userid# (found by clicking on their "profile" link, yours being 90241, for example). Not quite as slick, but still possible.

Or you can use the "Add Coloring/Note" link under the post :)

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

duz posted:

Firefox on the Mac doesn't like how we style the menus. We tried changing it to work on the Mac but then it stopped working on everything else.
I don't know if FF3 fixes this.

FF3 doesn't fix this (well, at least beta 4 doesn't). I submitted a fix for this to svn last year (at the same time as fixing another OSX related bug that escapes me), but it didn't make it into the releases for whatever reason. I've been meaning to ask you why, but never got round to it.

Basically my "fix" was to remove the CSS based indentation (that doesn't get honoured in OSX) and replace it with hard spaces. Doing that worked for me on OSX and Windows, but I didn't have a Linux machine to test on.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

ATwoSlotToaster posted:

Not sure if this is plausible or not but some forums I read have the user info column on the right of the reply column and I find it easier to read through threads with that layout. Would it be possible to have the option of swapping the columns in a future release?

I've just implemented this, and also a "stealth" layout I prefer for at work - no avatars, poster info moved above post content, single column view. I also added two other features: "open all new threads in tabs" to the bookmarked threads list, and "hide ignored post message".

What's the best way to add these to the main code? Or does someone else want to check the diffs first? It's ages since I contributed anything to SALR..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

astral posted:

Honestly, this would look pretty horrible as soon as you encounter a post wide enough to stretch its table. Also, it simply would not work for the FYAD template.

I excluded FYAD from this because like you say, it just wouldn't work there. I hadn't thought of the broken tables case though. Here's what it looks like normally:

.. and with a broken table:

.. and in my 'top' layout:

What do people think, is this worth committing?

astral posted:

I would like to caution you (just in case you don't know already) that if you don't use the forums-based option to hide people's avatars, you will still see avatars while the page is loading before SALR hides them. That somewhat defeats the 'stealth at work' idea.
Ah I know this, I wrote a Greasemonkey script to do it ages ago which has the same 'feature'. I just thought maybe other people would find it useful, and having it in SALR would be tidier than a separate script.

astral posted:

Is this a button that would open in tabs all threads with new posts? If so, that sounds pretty cool.
Yup, that's it:

I finally got round to setting up SVN properly and found that I don't have commit rights after all. I'll see if I can get access from Duz, but the diff's here if someone else wants to commit it :)

• Locked thread