Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

poopiehead posted:

You can use the SA menu. Have to move the mouse but don't have to scroll

That sounds really hard :) I just added bookmarks to my SA menu as a link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

poopiehead posted:

Just curious because I haven't seen a difference. Is there any difference between User Control Panel and Bookmarks other than one having private messages and one being a bit wider.?

That's pretty much it.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

MyDogIsBeano posted:

Am I an idiot (Answer Yes I am), or is there no way to un-read a thread? (There is in SALR Opera, but if there is in SALR Firefox I cannot find it.)

Begin FAQ

NO.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

MyDogIsBeano posted:

Is there a FAQ available?

There is now. :)

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Toenail Ninja posted:

I read through the thread and didn't see this issue posted. I opened a thread from my User CP list of bookmarked threads and edited a post using Quick Edit. When I hit submit and went back to my CP, the thread was no longer bookmarked. I was able to reproduce it exactly. I tested it with SALR disabled, and it didn't happen. I only have Parse URLs and Live Preview checked in the Quick Edit window.

Do you have "subscribed" checked?

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

kri kri posted:

Is there any way to sync Starred Threads between computers, or do I need to use bookmarking?

I think we gave up on syncing when GENADmin did server side thread tracking.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Eunabomber posted:

Just out of curiosity is it a limitation of the program or GA said: "don't do that"?

Real question, does anyone else's dropdown menu periodically lose the forum list?

GA said don't do that.

Yeah the folder list is proof of that. Hopefully that status message cuts down on people whining.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Yodzilla posted:

It's really confusing. I'm using the same version of Firefox at home at at work. My work computer is the one I previously posted from. My home computer (which I'm posting from now) doesn't have the quoting images problem. The only noticeable difference between the two is Vista here at home and XP at work? Why would that matter? I really don't get it.

This is to the devs: is the setting still there even though the option in the gui was removed?

I can't find it in about :config though.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Accipiter posted:

Hah, and you guys gave me poo poo for giving people poo poo. :D

HOW DOES IT TASTE

:glomp:

Jethro posted:

Well I guess I was loving wrong, wasn't I?

Told you so :colbert:

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Alfalfa posted:

Using the current nightly, and somehow I lost my on page grenade icon thing. I want to be able to browse the threads by clicking on the page and bringing those arrows up. I have "Allow Mouse Gestures to Navigate Around Threads and Forums" thinking that would enable it. Am I missing something?

Favicon? the SA menu Background?

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Mr Crucial posted:

Yes, but that requires me to expend the energy on clicking a couple of times. I would like to continue the Great American Tradition of being as lazy as possible.

Go over to bountysource and add it. If you put a bounty on it it will get done like tomorrow if not It might get done sometime.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Chamberpothead posted:

I have no idea what details anybody else knows about the ignored threads problem, but I think I've found a pattern or two. I know almost nothing about coding, so I can only describe what's happening, not how or why.

Ignored threads status: broken.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Seels posted:

How do I use an xpi?

Sister Miyagi posted:

Is there any way to get the old SALR buttons back? The forum buttoNs fill me with impotent rage. ARGH WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU MAKE THEM THE SAME COLOR AS THE FORUMS AND IMPOSSIBLE TO READ THIS IS THE STUPIDEST poo poo EVER :bang:

Oh hey just like old times.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Posting an image

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

||||||| posted:

Posting an image

Quoting an image

Give a screenshot of what you see.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

PurDunamis posted:

After a little bit of testing looks like it's nothing to do with SALR, and is caused by NoScript. If I allow somethingawful.crwdcntrl.net then quoted images show and are resized to thumbnails, if somethingawful.crwdcntrl.net is blocked then I get a blank space the size of the original quoted image.

Good enough I kind of figured that.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy
The only complaint I have is my options (Uses the SALR style buttons) keep changing as I upgrade. But I haven't done any testing so unless you know why this happens without doing any work please ignore this.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy
Forums section, icon frame thingy. uncheck the boxes.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy
There is a recover last post at the top. It might have it saved, otherwise you are out of luck.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

kri kri posted:

With the new forum update I am getting a lot of white space on top now. I can take a screenshot if that would help.

Yes it would.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

SFrost007 posted:

I'm not sure if this was a feature of the forum software, SALR or my imagination.

I seem to remember seeing something discussed where you could show only posts by the OP of a thread. Knowing what's involved, I'd have to say this probably isn't possible through SALR, but I can't find the feature anywhere in the forums as standard.

Can anyone throw some light on this, or have I dreamt the whole thing up?

Click the question mark next to a poster's name.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Scaevolus posted:

You could do this way faster with ord() and a few if statements. (or maybe a ternary statement)

Yeah Biznatio never claimed to have clean code.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

duz posted:

Surprised that it works. I'm thinking voodoo is involved.

You need to sacrifice a goat to make it work correctly (The code is wide open all you need is winrar and a text editor)

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

duz posted:

And what do I have to sacrifice to get Winrar ported to Linux?
:argh: voodoo

I'm sure winrar for linux isn't that hard to find. I know i've gotten it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Lollerich posted:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm Command line only though.

Once you have winrar on your search path Ark will use it.

• Locked thread