Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

PovRayMan posted:

I am getting this so then I just went to the SALR options, checked "don't display error popups"

Problem solved!
When I do this I stop getting the error message, but firefox won't let me go tab to tab anymore. I can ctrl-tab my way through them and see the page titles, but it won't let me actually see the pages. I'm FF ver. 2.0.0.14 on Leopard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
I'm new to Macs and don't even know where my profile is saved, can someone just reply when a new version comes out so I can reinstall and get rid of this damned error message that pops up with every page?

I complain, but I can't imagine browsing without SALR. :)

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

pik_d posted:

EDIT: Well after uninstalling and deleting some stuff in my Firefox profile it seems to have gone away. Seems like a crappy work around though.
Yeah, same here. I didn't like doing it (wish I'd known which file kept my saved passwords - bye bye!) but it worked. This is a small point that mac users probably already know, but don't delete the folder, just delete the files. Deleting the whole folder kept Firefox from opening because it thought it was already open. Somehow.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Edit: gently caress! Just got it again. Most pages are fine, though.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Just had to reinstall FF3 on the mac side, I'm getting this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

pik_d posted:

Tools -> Error Console. That may help you, if not, post what it says here. Alternatively, what happens if you try to install SALR like normal?
Here's what's in my error log. I get the same error regardless of how I install; dragging from the downloaded file on the desktop or opening straight from the link give me this:

code:
Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsILocalFile.persistentDescriptor]"  nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///Volumes/Firefox/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/components/nsExtensionManager.js :: getAbsoluteDescriptor :: line 438"  data: no]
Source File: file:///Volumes/Firefox/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/components/nsExtensionManager.js
Line: 438k

duz posted:

Reinstall and try again. Looks like the download got corrupted.
Just tried that. When I download and install to FF2, it works fine. Installing to FF3 bombs every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

FF 3.0.11

If your browser stretches to the bottom of the screen the page dropdown ("page navigator" I think you call it) doesn't have room to work. In fact, if it's anywhere within about 215px from the bottom it won't have room, if the page number is high enough. Apologies if this has already been reported.

bottom-right corner of maximized browser:

Not shown: page 26, because there's no room for it.

• Locked thread