Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MyDogIsBeano
Jun 21, 2005

by Lowtax
What preferences can I not see here?

Edit: Removed picture since updating fixed it>

Edit Nevermind I updated and all is well.

MyDogIsBeano fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 26, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyDogIsBeano
Jun 21, 2005

by Lowtax
Also as a user wandering over from Opera, I am wondering about two things the Opera SALR had:

1. Moving read posts up to the top of the page.

2. Colorizing the OP's post and any posts that quote me.

Are these available in SALR Firefox?

EDIT: I hereby respectfully request the coloring of posts that quote me, and the moving of threads I have read to the top of the page. I have added them to the approval queue at BOuntySource

MyDogIsBeano fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 26, 2007

MyDogIsBeano
Jun 21, 2005

by Lowtax

CygnusTM posted:

First, you should be able to resize the preferences window.

Second, the preferences window in the latest version looks nothing like that. You need to upgrade.

I have just figured out I was using an old version. (I could not resize it but it does not matter now.) Thanks.

MyDogIsBeano
Jun 21, 2005

by Lowtax
Is there some trick to getting a username added to the list of interesting users, or is it just broken now?

MyDogIsBeano
Jun 21, 2005

by Lowtax

duz posted:

Below each post is a Add Coloring/Note link, click that to add them to the list. Right click a name in the list to change the coloring/note.

So you cannot do it from the preferences interface? I did get it to work the way you suggested, but clicking on the Add User in the preference seemingly does nothing.

BTW THank you very much I am bright pink now.

MyDogIsBeano fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 26, 2007

MyDogIsBeano
Jun 21, 2005

by Lowtax
Am I an idiot (Answer Yes I am), or is there no way to un-read a thread? (There is in SALR Opera, but if there is in SALR Firefox I cannot find it.)

MyDogIsBeano
Jun 21, 2005

by Lowtax

biznatchio posted:

I went ahead and edited that into my post #3 up there. Let's see if that helps the question from coming up three times per page.

Is there a FAQ available?

MyDogIsBeano
Jun 21, 2005

by Lowtax

erebus25 posted:

RIF THE THREAD POSTER'S NAME ISN'T BEING HIGHLIGHTED GO TO THE "USER CONTROL PANEL" LINK AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE THEN "EDIT OPTIONS" AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE "Highlight the username of the "original poster" in thread posts" SET TO YES.

duz posted:

Known Issues

Ignoring threads not working entirely right
Converting YouTube links to the embedded player not working entirely right
Forum view thread coloring not working
Always show Go to Last Post not working
Threads can not be unread (we are relying on the forums to do it and they don't yet)

biznatchio posted:

AKA FAQ part two.

SALR makes quoting separate posts comically easy. You can tell who has FF SALR and who doesn't just by the style of quoting they do.

MyDogIsBeano
Jun 21, 2005

by Lowtax
How does the bounty work? I wanted to put a bounty on my feature requests and it acted like it was going to take the money right away. Also what's a good bounty amount?

MyDogIsBeano
Jun 21, 2005

by Lowtax

poopiehead posted:

What I mean is that all threads that are bookmarked are necessarily at least partially read. Some are fully read. What you want and maybe what that feature is is all partially read threads moved to the top with fully read threads unaffected. Right?

(As the feature was described, it sounded like it would move up both partially and fully read threads)

Yes my request was for any thread I had read on any given page to be at the top (whether or not it had unread posts). What others seem to want is something else for that one specific (bookmarked threads)spage.

What I wanted (and apparently erebus delivered (THANKS!) was just something that would bub le threads I had read up to the top. It's really really useful for scanning back a few week since any thread you have looked at will be sorted to the top of that page. Sometimes you forget the title of a thread (or the title has nothing to do with what you want to find in the thread.)

So my question stands for BountySource: How does it work? If I pledge the money for this feature will erebus get it, or what? Or is it a general fundraiser for the whole Bounty SOurce site? Or are the pledges doled out to the team as a whole? If the money does not go straight to the team, is there a paypal donations button somewhere else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyDogIsBeano
Jun 21, 2005

by Lowtax
I kind of would like it if the whole team got some. (I meant money, but I hope they 'get some' too.)

• Locked thread