Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Anyone else having the forums block posting from the SALR pop up window? That'd be a pretty lovely change if SALR can't work around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

astral posted:

I'm not going to get into a semantics argument with you (if you want one, look up 'due to'), but my sentence was correct as written. As of today, the forums have a new system for new post/reply authentication which involves a new hidden input (form_cookie) in the post/reply forms. This broke SALR's quick post/reply/quote since we weren't set up to deal with it yet. I went ahead and added provisional support for this new system, so everything should be working fine after the next SALR build comes out. The only thing I didn't get to test was the posting of new threads (but it should be working), so hopefully someone can test it when the build comes out and let us know.

I'm wondering if it wasn't intentional, since it specifically mentions SALR.

But really, was I missing a rash of spam postings that encourage this? Unless this adds in double post prevention, I don't see it being any big thing.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Philip J. Fry posted:

That just seems like too much trouble :effort: oh gently caress me I NEED MY EMOTS

Type up your post.

Uncheck disable smilies.

Move mouse to submit and attempt to click it before popup.

If popup occurs: press esc, go back to attempt to click.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

duz posted:

It will once I update that stuff.

Edit: I'm going to remove a bunch of the stuff that isn't needed any more and push it out. With luck it'll speed things up since the forums have taken over several things it used to do.

How do I get this now? Checking for updates didn't do it, and the version in the OP from Bounty Source is apparently the same version number?

Or is Iced tricking me and it's not out yet?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

My SALR seems to be behind, and BountySource is down. Addons.Mozilla doesn't have a mirror - is there someone else I can download from?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Boris the Blade posted:

That'd be great in the OP instead of a random post from a few weeks ago. If the OP is gone, maybe a new thread.

Anyway, still having the issue, even after updating, so hoping for some help:

Whenever I click the "X" to forget a thread, it just takes me to the first post in the thread like I clicked the title instead of the X.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

astral posted:

That's handled by javascript on the page, not by SALR. Make sure you have javascript enabled, and if you're using NoScript make sure it's enabled for all forum-related domains, including googleapis.com.

Edit: Additionally, do not try to open the forget link in a new tab or window, because that completely bypasses the forums javascript and doesn't actually do any forgetting. I reported that particular forums bug a long time ago, but nothing came of it.

Something's hijacking it, I thought it was SALR but it's not. It's not NoScript, can't see what else it could be, so I guess I'll just deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

pik_d posted:

No, it's over, SALR is dead. They canceled it.

edit: by that I mean that same question was answered on this very page

Maybe this is a hint the "Random post somewhere in the thread" isn't a very good method of communicating this information? :iiam:

• Locked thread