Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen

rugbert posted:

and after looking around my home directory I see that there is no .rvm folder which would explain why rvm notes doesnt work.

Theres a /rvm/scripts/rvm in /usr/local but copying that folder to my home directory doesnt do anything :/

RVM has an updated install path. Follow the instructions here: https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/rvm/install/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen
I'm still quite new at rails, and have been tinkering with hobo 1.3. Wondering if a fellow goon could lend a hand.

The project: creating an order/fulfillment application with a trouble ticket system. We produce OEM systems, ship them out, and they have maintenance on them, various versions of software, etc. It's just about done. Relationships are there. Everything workrs fine, but I need a dynamic menu for the following:

Order a maintenance contract (maint.rb) -
On this page, when setting up a new maintenance contract - select the company (model), have that dynamically populate a list of order numbers (model), then list out the serial numbers tied to each of those orders to select which ones will be on the maint renewal.

And also tips on how to handle this on the edit page.

Tom has an example of this here: http://cookbook.hobocentral.net/recipes/15-dynamically-populated-select-menus
But I cannot get my mind around translating that to how I need it to be.

The other small 'would like to have' item I'd like is if someone pulls up a serial number for a model and you could tell if it is under maintenance. The maint model has start/end dates, but there could be four maint orders for that system, so you'd have to look for the latest, then compare dates and show 'in maint' or 'out of maint' for those.

If someone can lend a hand, give me hints or anything else, I'd be grateful or even buy you an avatar/plat. on here, or something of greater value depending on the time/help/efforts put forth.