Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

UNBEARABLE AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Is it ever worth the risk to carry in a place where you may or may not get arrested or in trouble?

People keep leaving pipebombs in my work's parking lot, I'm a stocker at petsmart. The bomb squad has come to my store twice in the last few months to remove incendiary devices left around the store.

Work has a no concealed carry and no weapons policy. Is it worth it to concealed carry with the risk of being fired or arrested?

btw I know this wouldn't help with a loving BOMB but it would if someone with a bone to pick with my store decides to start throwing lead our way.

Also it would be more or less obvious I have "something" on my person since I must tuck in my shirt but what other options are there.

discuss.

also you're all fags etc. etc.

edit:btw this is more or less hypothetical, I probably won't conceal at work because I just don't see myself concealing it well enough but I would like some "what if" type answers.

Sgt. Shaved Balls fucked around with this message at Aug 11, 2007 around 22:39

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

If it comes down to: "go to work at Petsmart and suffer the very real risk getting bombed/shot by disgruntled weirdo" vs "go to work at Petsmart armed and risk getting arrested or fired and get a permanent mark on your record that keeps you from getting hired anywhere ever again" the answer is "find a new job." You probably aren't getting paid enough that you should have to make this kind of decision.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

If you do decide to do it you can put a snub in an ankle holster.

ZeroFate
Aug 8, 2005

by Ozma

I carried at Gamestop, despite the no-weapons-and-no-carry policy. Moreover, I carried a full-siize CZ in an IWB holster. I never got officially "caught", despite my manager knowing I carried and at one point nearly having to draw on a customer who leapt across the counter with a knife. Fortunately, two associates were able to restrain the guy without any need on my part.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I would carry if I were you. Worst case scenario you stock dogfood at petco instead of petsmart if someone finds out and has a hissy fit.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

This hat isn't the only
thing that's big

ZeroFate posted:

I never got officially "caught", despite my manager knowing I carried and at one point nearly having to draw on a customer who leapt across the counter with a knife.

Man, you guys should really re-think your returns policy.

I keed, I keed. My company has the same policy, so I just leave it in the car, gun locked up to prevent smash and grab, and holster covered up by a jacket. My job is more important to me right now than making sure that I carry anywhere and everywhere I can. It also helps to not discuss your hobby with your co-workers whatsoever.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

If my store were to call da fuzz on me or basically overreact can their no weapons policy get me a misdemeanor or anything even if I have a valid ccl?

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Most likely not. It is corporate policy, not Nebraska law.

But check Nebraska law concerning things like this. Some places can get you into trouble if they have "no weapons" signs and you enter anyways. In GA, they can't do poo poo to you unless the business finds out you are carrying and asks you to leave. Even if you don't leave, its misdemeanor trespassing and you get to keep your license

macx
Feb 3, 2005

Mark on your record? What record? Is there some centralized database of employment history I'm not aware of?

You'll be fine. Only thing I can suggest is do it as legally as you can. Store policy does not a law make, so you are fine there. Worst case is you get canned and you go work as a stocker somewhere else and you write on your app you worked at petsmart and the new place can not contact them to ask about you.

Not quite edit: if you are otherwise following all state and local *laws*, then the most the cops could do is ask you to leave the premis. If you don't then that's trespassing. But your employers have to catch you carrying and ask you to leave first.

MOSFET
Feb 6, 2004

Get a new job. When PetSmart decides your life is worth more then the security measures necessary to prevent this type of act you can consider working for them again.

Also, if you get fired for concealing a firearm against store policy you can pretty much guarantee rejection from any future retail employment.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

MOSFET posted:

Also, if you get fired for concealing a firearm against store policy you can pretty much guarantee rejection from any future retail employment.

How will they know? Do you think some lovely retail job is going to research your complete background and find out? They will only know if you are dumb enough to use the old job as a reference.

MOSFET
Feb 6, 2004

Atticus_1354 posted:

How will they know? Do you think some lovely retail job is going to research your complete background and find out? They will only know if you are dumb enough to use the old job as a reference.

I suspect the interviewer reading your resume is going to question the giant lapse of time where a job should be.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

Actually petsmart denys information to all future employers about people they are hiring so that wouldn't be a problem.

They don't have this sign and the "no weapons" policy doesn't say anything about guns or concealed carry in particular actually.

quote:

A place or premises where the person, personís entity or entities in
control of the property or employer in control of the property has
prohibited licensees from carrying a concealed handgun into or on to
the place or premises and into or on to any other place or premises
where handguns are prohibited by law, rule or regulation, AND has
posted a conspicuous notice that concealed handguns are prohibited
in the place or premises OR has made a request, directly or through
an authorized representative or management personnel that the
licensee remove the concealed handgun from the place or premise.

yea anyways thanks for the info guys, you're all special*

special:fags

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

EDIT: Damnit, Shaved Balls has it covered and I wasted my time posting.

69 WITH OPRAH
Nov 16, 2004

by Danny Manic

I'm not trying to insult you because I work in retail too, but if it were me I would look for another job where I am less likely to be blown up. If for some reason I were in your place and staying at that job I would probably carry.

EndofGoogle
Nov 22, 2004
page 20 of 100

Who is laying the pipebombs btw? Animal-right activist nuts or just your usual nutter?

myrtar
Dec 7, 2006

Embroiled in decade long copyright infringment lawsuit against talking milkshake.

EndofGoogle posted:

Who is laying the pipebombs btw? Animal-right activist nuts or just your usual nutter?

I dunno, but we've had a couple here in florida at petsmart/best buy, it wasn't clear whose parking lot was the one being terrorized

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

http://waffleimages.nwpshost.com/fi...bec692c35af.jpg

Thought this was appropriate for this thread

MOSFET
Feb 6, 2004

myrtar posted:

I dunno, but we've had a couple here in florida at petsmart/best buy, it wasn't clear whose parking lot was the one being terrorized

I'm not aware of any activist group with an agenda that includes liberating overpriced electronics.

Eifert Posting
Mar 31, 2007

Atkins Diet

MOSFET posted:

I'm not aware of any activist group with an agenda that includes liberating overpriced electronics.

We're a very small and close nit cell.

Bluray is an affront to the one true God!

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

Thereis nothing short of law (and even then, that is questionable in some cases) that would stop me. Takke this to mean whatever you like.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

.Nathan.
Jun 29, 2004

by Fistgrrl

myrtar posted:

I have two shopping centers close to me that have a PetSmart and a Best Buy next to each other. They must travel in pairs.

ph4lcon
Apr 23, 2006

The only reason to watch...

It's nice to come home from a long day at work and read a RazorMelonBalls thread.

OpiaTool
Jul 18, 2001

If your store is anything like mine was then just find a new job. If not for the fact that the bomb squad has been called than at least for the fact that Petsmart hires High School crapasses that cause tons of drama. Seriously, gently caress that company.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

file a worker's comp claim for work related stress or file for a move to another branch if that's feasible

I saw about a dozen stress-related WC cases in the three years I worked at an adjuster's office and you've got a pretty solid case compared to most of these fags

stangman
Mar 13, 2003

We have these threads a lot. I carried when I worked at dominos, and I carry where I work now (despite rules to the contrary). If I have a jacket or fleece on it's fullsize, if its t-shirt weather it's a P32 in a back pocket holster. Going on 1.5 years with the pocket carry and no problems. Just shut your loving mouth about it and conceal as well as possible.

LandRaider
Oct 11, 2005
I like motors, and boobs.

stangman posted:

Just shut your loving mouth about it and conceal as well as possible.

Best Advice ever. Do this.

Veen
Oct 26, 2003

Just the tip!

I'm more interested in who the gently caress pipebombs Petsmart, and what sort of idiot not only pipebombs the parking lot, which would do the least damage, but on top of all that, DOESN'T EVEN DETONATE THEM! Yeah, that's really showing that you're dangerous and a force to be reckoned with there.

Fingorz
Sep 9, 2006

Fucking your sister since 1994

How much do they pay you? Cause I can pretty much agree with everyone else in this thread that it is definitely not worth it. Go to another store pronto.
Also, as a comedy option get yourself a 44 hogleg and carry that.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Where in Nebraska are you? G.I. reporting, here.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

Veen posted:

I'm more interested in who the gently caress pipebombs Petsmart, and what sort of idiot not only pipebombs the parking lot, which would do the least damage, but on top of all that, DOESN'T EVEN DETONATE THEM! Yeah, that's really showing that you're dangerous and a force to be reckoned with there.

One of them "half-detonated" under one of the cashier's cars

I had left 2 hours before they found anything

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/9102356.html

They found an suv full of "bombz" and arrested a enjoyable human being in la vista but it's unknown if they are connected.

Im in omaha btw groda

Funny story though, A few months ago while I was on a week long vacation they found an electric shaver box behind the store next to one of our storage trailers. Someone thought it was a bomb for some arbitrary reason and the bomb squad came and blew it to smitherines. The store had to pay for it too, it was .

The bomb squad visits my store a lot. Now that I think of it, all sorts of bad things happen at my store. Somebody through a brick through a employee's windshield, the trailer was broken into via magic bolt cutting skills and $700 worth of aquariums were stolen and people are constantly stealing our pallets.

TFR posted:

omg quit yer job

Eh, I'm not gonna quit or move over it. Like I said I'm just discussing things that I could possibly do to ARM MINESELF AGAINST THE CRAVEN!

You're probably right though, I shouldn't work at a store with a bomb laden parking lot

Sgt. Shaved Balls fucked around with this message at Aug 12, 2007 around 17:23

beejo
Mar 11, 2004

F5 F5 F5

So you work at a PETSMART? In NEBRASKA? You feel so unsafe that you are willing to risk your job and future employment so you can carry a gun?

To your job at PETSMART. In NEBRASKA.

Are you loving serious?

EDIT:

ZeroFate posted:

I carried at Gamestop

Holy mother of gently caress you take the cake.

beejo fucked around with this message at Aug 12, 2007 around 19:28

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

GAY FOR GUNS, GAY FOR
GUNDAMS

ZeroFate posted:

I carried at Gamestop,
hahhahahahahahahahahha

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 15, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.

I work in corporate at a bank, and I figure that if somebody is rolling with gats, its going to be an operation like Heat, in which case my wimpy XD40 is going to do all of delaying my death a few seconds.

Now if they sent me to a branch in say, Ensley, I would be having serious consideration for packing.

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by Ozma

You're a pet store stocker, can't you make better money digging ditches or tending bar or almost anything else?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

GAY FOR GUNS, GAY FOR
GUNDAMS

LoungieMu posted:

my wimpy XD40 is going to do all of delaying my death a few seconds.
hahah yeah right i think you mean "causing my death"

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 15, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.

TenementFunster posted:

hahah yeah right i think you mean "causing my death"

4 years, zero FTF's, zero FTE's, zero malfunctions of any kind. It isn't pretty but it is the hardest working smokewagon in my safe.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

GAY FOR GUNS, GAY FOR
GUNDAMS

LoungieMu posted:

4 years, zero FTF's, zero FTE's, zero malfunctions of any kind. It isn't pretty but it is the hardest working smokewagon in my safe.
do you seriously think pulling a gun on a bunch of armed bank robbers is a smart thing to do?

or are you just such an awesome solid snake badass that you'll shoot all of them before they know what is going on

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 15, 2003

TenementFunster posted:

do you seriously think pulling a gun on a bunch of armed bank robbers is a smart thing to do?

or are you just such an awesome solid snake badass that you'll shoot all of them before they know what is going on

No you loving moron. Maybe you should read the posts before you troll them. I already said it was a pretty bad idea in my environment. You thought it would be incredibly clever to poo poo this up over semantics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

GAY FOR GUNS, GAY FOR
GUNDAMS

LoungieMu posted:

No you loving moron. Maybe you should read the posts before you troll them. I already said it was a pretty bad idea in my environment. You thought it would be incredibly clever to poo poo this up over semantics.
you said pulling a gun on a bunch of criminals with rifles would delay your death

you are dumb

«3 »