Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«16 »
ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

I'm overjoyed to hear about your wedding

Henrietta belonged to a family who used to live next door to my apartment. When they moved away, they left her behind to fend for herself.

No one's sure exactly how old she is, but I polled all my neighbors, and consensus seems to be that she's at least 10. She's bony and ragged-looking and dirty, so people don't want to come near her. She has a lot of trouble grooming herself, probably because of her dental problems. It hurts her to chew, so it takes her a really long time to eat. On bad days she just gives up and walks away from the plate.

Still, somehow, she's an incredibly sweet cat. She loves attention, but she's always very polite about asking for it.

Since it gets unbearably hot in the apartment when I cook, my boyfriend and I usually eat out on our patio. She follows us over to the table, hops on a chair and sits with us until we're done. She watches us eating and talking, watches the insects zipping around, and just generally hangs out.

She knows she's not supposed to get on the table when we're sitting out there, but for some reason she always has to test my resolve. She'll put a single paw on the table, then stop and look at me. Then she'll put another paw on, and look at me again. When I say NO she backs down and sort of sulks for a little bit.

She came down with a bad case of fleas recently. I have always been scared to death of bloodsucking insects. Every time I went outside to water the plants or get the mail or whatever, she would come trotting over to me to get petted, and I would leap to the side to get away from her, so I wouldn't get fleas on me. She would give me a quizzical look, and then walk over to butt against my ankles, and I would jump away again. It confused the hell out of her. After a little while she stopped trying to approach me.

Over time I've managed to control my phobia of fleas somewhat. Now I can come close enough to pet her briefly. Not really much of a victory, considering I used to spend hours petting her while she sat in my lap.

She's lost her home, her health, and now, as far as she understands it, the only friend she had left in the world.

I can't afford $50 for flea drops, and I definitely can't afford to take her to the vet to get her teeth checked out. I can't put a roof over her head, because my lease doesn't allow pets, and the property manager is unusually vigilant.

And of course, no one wants to adopt a grungy old stray with gum disease. So all I can do for now is to keep feeding her, and pet her (briefly) when her mouth hurts too much to eat the food I give her, and put a box out for her to hide in when it rains.

She probably doesn't have much longer to live. In my neighborhood, there are a lot of aggressive, unsocialized dogs. A pet brown and white tabby cat that used to hang out around my apartment was found mauled and half-eaten a month ago. That cat was young and healthy. Henrietta is not.

I'm not sure why I wrote this post exactly. I'm not asking for help or advice (although if you have some I'll be glad to take it). I guess I just wanted to document Henrietta's life while she's still living it. To make a preemptive eulogy for a cat that no one else in the world cares about.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at Mar 22, 2009 around 03:08

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CREEPY WHORE
Nov 6, 2005

Thanks for posting this. She's a beautiful cat, and I wish there was more you could do for her.

Whereabouts do you live? If you got lucky, there might be a fellow Pet Islander nearby willing to help out. She's gorgeous, and seems very sweet. I really hope you can help the poor girl out.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

I live on the east side of LA.

I hope so. She really deserves better than to be homeless for the rest of her life.

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl

this makes me really, really sad. Where do you live? Could you get some cat shampoo and at least give her a bath with some gloves on to help with the fleas? Can you get her wet food so it doesn't hurt for her to eat so much? Can you pick up some cheap dental treatment stuff that goes into her water to try and help with her teeth problem?

I know I can't fund every stray cat with health problems that ventures into PI, but I can spare 10 bucks to help pay for flea meds so she can at least be pet again.

Edit: Honestly, I dunno why this makes me so sad but I feel really upset.

Farewell Horizon fucked around with this message at Aug 13, 2007 around 22:01

yawnie
Jul 29, 2003
lollerz.

I have so much extra flea stuff for my cats. I would be MORE than happy to mail you some.

Have you called some rescues? I don't understand how anybody could resist such a beautiful kitty, with such a sad story. It's breaking my heart I wish I didn't live on the other side of the country.

Edit: Me too

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl

yawnie posted:

I have so much extra flea stuff for my cats. I would be MORE than happy to mail you some.

I just called my vet to see how much they sold it for but they won't give it to me for a stray cat, otherwise I would send some. Please mail her some. The saddest part for me is that she doesn't get pet anymore.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

Farewell Horizon posted:

this makes me really, really sad. Where do you live? Could you get some cat shampoo and at least give her a bath with some gloves on to help with the fleas? Can you get her wet food so it doesn't hurt for her to eat so much? Can you pick up some cheap dental treatment stuff that goes into her water to try and help with her teeth problem?

I know I can't fund every stray cat with health problems that ventures into PI, but I can spare 10 bucks to help pay for flea meds so she can at least be pet again.

I did give her a bath once, before she came down with the infestation, and it actually went OK (she wailed like I was killing her, but never got violent, and forgave me pretty quickly afterwards). Would the fleas jump ship as soon as they got water on them? I really, really don't want an infestation in my apartment, and if I tried to bathe her outside I think she would just run away.

I only feed her wet food, but even that is still a challenge for her.

I never heard of that dental treatment stuff. Would they know what I was talking about if I asked for something like that at Petsmart, or do I need to get it from a vet?

Thank you so much.

yawnie posted:

Have you called some rescues? I don't understand how anybody could resist such a beautiful kitty, with such a sad story. It's breaking my heart I wish I didn't live on the other side of the country.

That would be really, really helpful. Thank you.

I haven't yet. I'm new to the area, so I don't really know how to tell which organizations are good around here, and I figured because of her health that it was a lost cause. But I'll start looking around.

yawnie
Jul 29, 2003
lollerz.

I don't have platinum so you can't PM me, but if you want to sent me a message on AIM my screen name is smackmybucket, or e-mail me at paigehcsm@comcast.net with an address and I'll get it in the mail immediately.

Have you checked her mouth? Are her teeth covered in tarter? Does she have an abscess or are her gums inflamed? I'm just wondering how bad her teeth problems really are.

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl

lurgulary posted:

I did give her a bath once, before she came down with the infestation, and it actually went OK (she wailed like I was killing her, but never got violent, and forgave me pretty quickly afterwards). Would the fleas jump ship as soon as they got water on them? I really, really don't want an infestation in my apartment, and if I tried to bathe her outside I think she would just run away.

I never heard of that dental treatment stuff. Would they know what I was talking about if I asked for something like that at Petsmart, or do I need to get it from a vet?

I haven't yet. I'm new to the area, so I don't really know how to tell which organizations are good around here, and I figured because of her health that it was a lost cause. But I'll start looking around.

If you have a large rubber maid container, put a towel in the bottom of it so she can grip something, fill it with warm water and cat shampoo and gently ease her in. You can do it outside if you need to, and in fact I might recommend that. Scrub into the furr so you get down to the skin, but don't use a flea shampoo because they can be bad news. If you can get a cat shampoo with oatmeal or aloe it might help soothe the bites.

I saw the dental additive at a pet food store. You could check petsmart, but if its not there, check at more of a specialty shop. It should be in the hygiene section, along with ear wipes and shampoo. The store I went to had several types and sizes, so you could try a small bottle first to see if it helps. Also won't hurt to tell your sob story to the people at the counter and see if they will offer a discount.

As for shelters, someone here might be able to recommend a good shelter, and if not I would call around. Fleas and dental problems are relatively easy to deal with, so if those are her only major problems, the shelter can treat them easily and still try and adopt her out. PM me your paypal.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

I sent an email. Thank you both so much.

It's hard to get a look at her mouth, since she doesn't open her mouth very wide when she meows, and I think it would hurt her pretty bad if I tried to force it open. But when I moved here, she had a snaggletooth that poked out when her mouth was closed (the big incisor on the bottom right). About three weeks ago I noticed it had fallen out completely.

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl

http://www.allivet.com/C-E-T-Aquadent-p/26907.htm

Even though Yawnie is mailing you flea meds, I will paypal you 10 bucks to pay for some dental tooth paste or water additive or whatever. If a checkup doesn't cost much maybe it could contribute to a check up or deworming meds or something.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

Farewell Horizon posted:

http://www.allivet.com/C-E-T-Aquadent-p/26907.htm

Even though Yawnie is mailing you flea meds, I will paypal you 10 bucks to pay for some dental tooth paste or water additive or whatever. If a checkup doesn't cost much maybe it could contribute to a check up or deworming meds or something.

Thank you so, so much. My BF has an account already, but I don't know what it is off the top of my head and he's not answering his phone I guess I'll just start my own.

edit: I think I figured it out. I sent you a PM.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at Aug 13, 2007 around 22:54

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl

lurgulary posted:

Thank you so, so much. My BF has an account already, but I don't know what it is off the top of my head and he's not answering his phone I guess I'll just start my own.

It's ok, you can give it to me later tonight or tomorrow or something, I check the forums everyday at work so I can still paypal you tomorrow.

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.

Oh god, this pretty kitty doesn't deserve to be homeless I really wish I had some medicine to send you as well

Please continue petting her for us, fleas or not, and keep us updated. Are you sure you can't sneak a cat in?

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

STUBBSSSSS INNNNNN SPACEEEE!

She is a beautiful cat and you are a wonderful person for caring about her when her owners did not. I so wish you were on the east coast, my fiance and I have been talking about adopting an older cat and I would take her in if she was nearby Please don't feel bad, you're doing more than most people would.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

daggerdragon posted:

Oh god, this pretty kitty doesn't deserve to be homeless I really wish I had some medicine to send you as well

Please continue petting her for us, fleas or not, and keep us updated. Are you sure you can't sneak a cat in?

Thank you. Yawnie's on it, so with any luck Henrietta will be flea-less by the end of the week.

The manager lives in the unit directly across from me, so there's no way I'd be able to hide her from him. He's a really nice guy, but he takes his job seriously.

edit:

Leonard Cohen posted:

She is a beautiful cat and you are a wonderful person for caring about her when her owners did not. I so wish you were on the east coast, my fiance and I have been talking about adopting an older cat and I would take her in if she was nearby Please don't feel bad, you're doing more than most people would.

Thank you. I'm really glad that you guys are considering an older cat. They deserve so much better than they usually get.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at Aug 13, 2007 around 23:22

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

Farewell Horizon posted:

If you have a large rubber maid container, put a towel in the bottom of it so she can grip something, fill it with warm water and cat shampoo and gently ease her in. You can do it outside if you need to, and in fact I might recommend that. Scrub into the furr so you get down to the skin, but don't use a flea shampoo because they can be bad news. If you can get a cat shampoo with oatmeal or aloe it might help soothe the bites.

I saw the dental additive at a pet food store. You could check petsmart, but if its not there, check at more of a specialty shop. It should be in the hygiene section, along with ear wipes and shampoo. The store I went to had several types and sizes, so you could try a small bottle first to see if it helps. Also won't hurt to tell your sob story to the people at the counter and see if they will offer a discount.

As for shelters, someone here might be able to recommend a good shelter, and if not I would call around. Fleas and dental problems are relatively easy to deal with, so if those are her only major problems, the shelter can treat them easily and still try and adopt her out. PM me your paypal.

I can't believe I missed this before. Thank you for the advice. I'll go buy a big container tonight and try giving her a bath tomorrow after it warms up.

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD

I just wanted to let you know that you are a wonderful person for caring about an old stray kitty. She is a beautiful girl and I'm really upset and touched by your post. I cannot even fathom just abandoning when of my pets to fend on their own, and no matter how many times I see it in the rescue work I do, it still feels like a slap in the face every time I hear about it. Animals will give you their unconditional love, and in return for that people abuse and abandon them, it just bothers me that we treat something that will so quickly offer itself up to us like its just absolute garbage rather than something priceless.

I wish I wasn't in debt right now, because I would pay pal you something too.

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl

lurgulary posted:

I can't believe I missed this before. Thank you for the advice. I'll go buy a big container tonight and try giving her a bath tomorrow after it warms up.

The big blue ones with high walls are cheap at wal-mart. She'll probly have eggs on her so if you get the chance bathe her regularly.

I was going to buy more silver wire to make more jewelry with, but I think I might look into sending you a care package. It might be too expensive to ship, but if it isn't, I will pick up some stuff and put it in the mail ASAP. I dunno why but I was thinking about her all the way home and I'm really torn up about it. I'm such a loser.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

Zombiesinmyshower! posted:

I just wanted to let you know that you are a wonderful person for caring about an old stray kitty. She is a beautiful girl and I'm really upset and touched by your post. I cannot even fathom just abandoning when of my pets to fend on their own, and no matter how many times I see it in the rescue work I do, it still feels like a slap in the face every time I hear about it. Animals will give you their unconditional love, and in return for that people abuse and abandon them, it just bothers me that we treat something that will so quickly offer itself up to us like its just absolute garbage rather than something priceless.

I wish I wasn't in debt right now, because I would pay pal you something too.

Thank you. I really appreciate the thought.

She's the sweetest, most gentle and trusting cat I have ever met. She has "unconditional love" written all over her. I'm amazed that she has been able to survive on her own for so long, and I will never be able to understand how that family could possibly have justified leaving her behind.

Farewell Horizon posted:

I was going to buy more silver wire to make more jewelry with, but I think I might look into sending you a care package. It might be too expensive to ship, but if it isn't, I will pick up some stuff and put it in the mail ASAP. I dunno why but I was thinking about her all the way home and I'm really torn up about it. I'm such a loser.

You're making me cry really hard, quit being so amazingly nice

With Yawnie sending me her extra flea stuff and the paypal from you to cover the dental additive stuff, I think she should be ok for supplies. A vet is still out of the question for now but I'm going to visit my parents soon and I can probably bum enough money off of them to cover a checkup and teeth cleaning.

edit: I just went outside and gave her a really thorough brushing to get rid of some of the flea dirt. She is so, so thin.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at Aug 13, 2007 around 23:53

twice
Jun 19, 2005

Super-Destructo-Atomotron-Nugget-Head of DOOM: Nuggetly Destroyer of Worlds and Demonic Swallower of Souls

I can paypal a few bucks. I hate seeing poor sad kitties. PM me your address.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

twice posted:

I can paypal a few bucks. I hate seeing poor sad kitties. PM me your address.

Sent. Thank you.

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.

If you can't bum enough off your parents, can you try CareCredit to be able to take her to a vet?

Moraine Sedai
Jan 16, 2006

Nap time yet?

Since she has fleas, she probably has worms and that plus the teeth might be why she's so thin. I'll get my mom (since I can't remember my PP login info :P) to PayPal you something to be able to pick up the deworming meds because while the general dewormer isn't too expensive (maybe 5 bux), the bottle of either 3 or 5 tapeworm tablets is $25 here. You can ask at PetsMart about both of those as that's where I get mine for my rescues.

You're a wonderful person for caring about a sweet old girl kitty like that. Email me at morainesedai7 (at) gmail (dot) com your PayPal info.

RhondaPiper
Dec 1, 2004

Don't make me get sick into my own scorn.

You can also search for small local rescue groups- just check http://www.petfinder.com and either search by zip code or check their listing of groups by state. There are some small rescues run out of people's homes- if you can find one of these and talk to someone, they might be able to help her and she'll have a reasonable chance of finding a home. But, she's probably better off outside with someone caring for her than being sent to a big shelter, where a cat her age is likely to be put down.

When it gets colder, you can make her a shelter out of rubbermaid tubs as shown here.

I also just posted this to a small forum of catladies in california- I'll let you know if any good comes of it.

RhondaPiper fucked around with this message at Aug 14, 2007 around 00:23

Aery
Nov 15, 2005

Where is my motherfucking HAT

I would like your paypal info too, either PM or email it to me at aerynea at gmail dot com that old girl really deserves all the help she can get

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006

Regular old dawn dish soap works great at killing fleas on the cheap. Lather her up really good starting at the head and let it sit for 5 minutes then rinse off.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

daggerdragon posted:

If you can't bum enough off your parents, can you try CareCredit to be able to take her to a vet?

I'm a little scared of taking on more credit, but if I absolutely couldn't scrape enough funds together, I'd do it.

Moraine Sedai posted:

Since she has fleas, she probably has worms and that plus the teeth might be why she's so thin. I'll get my mom (since I can't remember my PP login info :P) to PayPal you something to be able to pick up the deworming meds because while the general dewormer isn't too expensive (maybe 5 bux), the bottle of either 3 or 5 tapeworm tablets is $25 here. You can ask at PetsMart about both of those as that's where I get mine for my rescues.

You're a wonderful person for caring about a sweet old girl kitty like that. Email me at morainesedai7 (at) gmail (dot) com your PayPal info.

Thank you. I hadn't even thought about the possibility of worms.

RhondaPiper posted:

You can also search for small local rescue groups- just check http://www.petfinder.com and either search by zip code or check their listing of groups by state. There are some small rescues run out of people's homes- if you can find one of these and talk to someone, they might be able to help her and she'll have a reasonable chance of finding a home. But, she's probably better off outside with someone caring for her than being sent to a big shelter, where a cat her age is likely to be put down.

When it gets colder, you can make her a shelter out of rubbermaid tubs as shown here.

I also just posted this to a small forum of catladies in california- I'll let you know if any good comes of it.

When it was cold out earlier this year I had a box set up for her with some blankets and a heating pad in it, which she seemed to like a lot.

Thank you for the links, and for posting to that forum. I'll start the hunt for organizations tonight.

Aery posted:

I would like your paypal info too, either PM or email it to me at aerynea at gmail dot com that old girl really deserves all the help she can get

Thank you so much.

Stregone posted:

Regular old dawn dish soap works great at killing fleas on the cheap. Lather her up really good starting at the head and let it sit for 5 minutes then rinse off.

It won't irritate her skin too much? She's been scratching herself pretty hard recently.

People always say crap like this without really meaning it, but I really, really mean this: everyone in this thread renews my faith in humanity. Her family abandoned her, but total strangers are saving her. I think that's amazing and wonderful. Thank you.

yawnie
Jul 29, 2003
lollerz.

lurgulary, I just packed up her flea meds and it's going Priority Mail. I included a piece of paper with some information on it, but I'll just repeat it here. I'm sending a 3-month supply of Advantage Multi which is a new product for cats that will treat AND prevent several parasites.

- Fleas
- Feline Heartworms
- Roundworms
- Hookworms
- Ear Mites

For the most effective results, I would not bathe her 24 hours before or after applying the medication. Start by parting the hair on the back of her neck and apply just enough liquid to coat the skin, and then move to another spot slightly lower. Now make sure to read this: The stuff I'm sending is for cats 9lbs and over, which I don't think she is, but it's all I had. Also, she's underweight and sick. I checked with my vet and he said to only apply half the tube, and then see how it works. If it's not working, you can put the other half on in a day or two. It's great stuff because it covers so many things, but it is strong, so we need to be careful not to overload her already weakened immune system.

Anyways, not trying to scare you, I just don't want anything else happening to the poor girl.

CREEPY WHORE
Nov 6, 2005

Hey, lurgalary. I just wanted to chime in and say this is really upsetting, but really beautiful of you to care for her like this. You guys who are helping her out are really awesome, and I really hope she gets a home because this is just too sad. I wish I could help, but I lost my job recently and we're tight on money, and my cat is sick as well. Good luck to you, and to Henrietta, and I really, really hope she gets better.

Blue Scream
Oct 23, 2006

oh my word, the internet!

Send me your Paypal info too (PM or email me at bluescream goon at yahoo)--I'd love to donate a few bucks to the cause of some food or a vet checkup or whatever. Now I'm off to hug my kitty

Aery
Nov 15, 2005

Where is my motherfucking HAT

Blue Scream posted:

Send me your Paypal info too (PM or email me at bluescream goon at yahoo)--I'd love to donate a few bucks to the cause of some food or a vet checkup or whatever. Now I'm off to hug my kitty

Yeah as soon as I fired off some cash by paypal I went and pet my kittens

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006

lurgulary posted:

It won't irritate her skin too much? She's been scratching herself pretty hard recently.

Nope! Its actually really mild stuff. Not sure if it is tearless mild, but as far as skin irritation goes its fine. People don't like their skin irritated when they wash dishes either.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

yawnie posted:

lurgulary, I just packed up her flea meds and it's going Priority Mail. (detailed instructions)

Thank you very, very much. I'll be careful with it.

CREEPY WHORE posted:

Hey, lurgalary. I just wanted to chime in and say this is really upsetting, but really beautiful of you to care for her like this. You guys who are helping her out are really awesome, and I really hope she gets a home because this is just too sad. I wish I could help, but I lost my job recently and we're tight on money, and my cat is sick as well. Good luck to you, and to Henrietta, and I really, really hope she gets better.

Thank you. I'm so sorry to hear about your job and your cat I hope she feels better soon. With the all the help that's flooding in I think Henrietta will pull through just fine.

Blue Scream posted:

Sent. Thank you.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at Aug 14, 2007 around 03:55

Esther Gum
Dec 27, 2005
:-)

This made me cry. I'm so poor my power is being shut off in the morning so I can't help but I want to. I'm going to go hug all of my kitties now. Goons are awesome and those that are helping are absolutely amazing. She's so pretty.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

I should be the one giving you money

Thanks for hugging your kitties.

WAR OF THE BOGS
Aug 27, 2005

Henrietta is gorgeous. I wish I didn't live all the way in Oregon, or I'd come get her in a heartbeat. I just went to go pet my kitty too. It's seriously so hard for me to understand how people can just abandon a sweet pet like that. Some people are idiots, but the kindness of everyone here who is helping her is almost enough to make me cry. I wish I could help too

maplecheese
Oct 31, 2006
Disturbingly delicious.

yawnie posted:

lurgulary, I just packed up her flea meds and it's going Priority Mail.

How long does this stuff take to kill adult fleas? I want Henrietta to get snuggles.

Edit:

lurgulary posted:

She's lost her home, her health, and now, as far as she understands it, the only friend she had left in the world.

Oh god. That quote/image combination almost made me cry, and I never EVER cry at things on the internet.

Is there any way you can mix her food with warm water (or maybe chicken broth?) so she doesn't HAVE to chew and can just lap it up? Sort of like a cat food shake?

maplecheese fucked around with this message at Aug 14, 2007 around 06:16

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

Stregone posted:

Nope! Its actually really mild stuff. Not sure if it is tearless mild, but as far as skin irritation goes its fine. People don't like their skin irritated when they wash dishes either.

That makes sense I'll give it a try tomorrow.

WAR OF THE BOGS posted:

Henrietta is gorgeous. I wish I didn't live all the way in Oregon, or I'd come get her in a heartbeat. I just went to go pet my kitty too. It's seriously so hard for me to understand how people can just abandon a sweet pet like that. Some people are idiots, but the kindness of everyone here who is helping her is almost enough to make me cry. I wish I could help too

Thank you for the thought. Everyone has helped so much already. I think she'll be okay.

maplecheese posted:

Is there any way you can mix her food with warm water (or maybe chicken broth?) so she doesn't HAVE to chew and can just lap it up? Sort of like a cat food shake?

She didn't want to eat very much tonight, so I tried that with the leftover portion, but she didn't go for it. She may have just been full, though. I'll try it with her breakfast tomorrow morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 17, 2004

lurgulary posted:

Even though I know she is just being a normal cat and curling up inside of things, this picture makes me sad because you have that cuteness mixed with the symbolism of her sitting in a dustbin, like she's ready to be tossed out and disposed of.

I am glad that goons are helping her out. Henrietta is one cat, but there are thousands like her everywhere that stay forgotten. People can be horrible sometimes.

«16 »