Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD
I just wanted to let you know that you are a wonderful person for caring about an old stray kitty. She is a beautiful girl and I'm really upset and touched by your post. I cannot even fathom just abandoning when of my pets to fend on their own, and no matter how many times I see it in the rescue work I do, it still feels like a slap in the face every time I hear about it. Animals will give you their unconditional love, and in return for that people abuse and abandon them, it just bothers me that we treat something that will so quickly offer itself up to us like its just absolute garbage rather than something priceless.

I wish I wasn't in debt right now, because I would pay pal you something too. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD
Is there anything else you need for supplies? I can send some cans of food or something. I want to help, but I don't have spare money to spend - so I'm trying to think of something I would have on hand that I could send along.

What other things do you need?

EDIT - also for weight gain you might want to pick up some NutriCal and slip it into her food - its chock full of happy weight gaining magic.

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD
I love her cute little face peeking in the window!!!!!!

I'm glad the watered down soup food worked!

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD
Her mouth looks pretty icky - I think she probably has rotting teeth and thats whats keeping her from eating well. My old cat had only one tooth left in her mouth by the time she left us around age 20, she had to have them pulled because they were rotting. Once they were pulled she was so happy and eating up a storm, so don't be nervous if the vet wants to pull some teeth, it could be the best thing to happen to her in a long time.

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD
I love that last photo, the closeup of her face is just beautiful. She's such a pretty old lady.

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD
Oh Myst - you are so awesome. Its so amazing to think that even if the landlord says no to the pet keeping that Henrietta still could have a home on the horizon!

Damnit, I have yet to see this banner ad and its killing me, I want to see the cuteness of it all!!!

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD

BlueCanary posted:

Not to be a killjoy here, but, if you don't have the financial means to donate a couple of dollars, how do you propose to take care of this high need animal long term? Love and shelter go a long way. But this sweet kitty has medical needs.

To be fair, as of right now we do not know that she will have long term high need medical issues. She may just need to have her teeth pulled and be fattened up a bit. She hasn't been diagnosed with any feline viruses yet, so she could be in the clear after the tooth work and just require the normal cat upkeep.

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD

daggerdragon posted:

Original:

AD:

FREAKIN' PEAKABOO!!!!! God I love Henrietta :3:

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD
Yay! I can't wait to hear how she does at the vets!

I'll be thinking about her all day.

PS. You must find a way to video little kitty ears popping out of her box to greet you!

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD
Yay for clean bills of health and a new healthy mouth! God I love this kitty.

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD
Oh god I was so scared reading through your post. I am so glad she is ok!!!

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD
Oh god its so amazing to see her progress. Her mouth looks so much better with the bad teeth gone. I'm so happy that things are looking up in her life.

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD
Lug you are such a beautiful person and I'm so glad you were around to help Henrietta when she needed it. This thread has been amazing from start to the impending finish where Henrietta will have a forever home. You gave this girl the most precious gift ever, you gave her another chance at life. :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD
Soooo pictures are all well and good, but what about our petting zoo? :3: