Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

Chococat posted:

Solution: don't use mafia for anything except mindless farming ever.
Quite to the contrary, I'm finding Mafia pretty awesome these days. Sure, there are a few points where it's best to use the minibrowser (loving Desert/Oasis quest :argh: ), but there's something very satisfying about simply typing "drink 4 mae west" into the graphical cli and watching it automatically assemble a bartender-in-the-box, scrounge up the ingredients, automatically mix them, and consume them. And it automates choice adventures, my biggest pet peeve about KoLToolbelt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

I don't use toolbelt as automation either! And I loving hate it when mafia buys/pulls/makes things without my okay. The only time I really ever automate though when it's not farming is BHH stuff and when I'm grinding to L30 without clovers. I just click through every single adventure in the relay browser otherwise. And assemble everything by hand. I'm not really sure how I managed to ascend 70 times without burning out.

Chococat fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 24, 2007

pearofducks
Jan 21, 2003

quack?
applied under pearofducks, its been a while, and its good to see so much has been updated and changed

Edgy
Apr 16, 2003
"Today's my birthday."
Apped a second account since work has been slow enough to warrant it this week.

Apped as Relwin.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Jett posted:

Quite to the contrary, I'm finding Mafia pretty awesome these days. Sure, there are a few points where it's best to use the minibrowser (loving Desert/Oasis quest :argh: )

Okay dude, copy and paste this into a text file, then save it into your scripts folders as some poo poo like 'Desert.txt':
/*Begin the code, don't paste these comments*/

adventure 1 oasis
adventure 5 arid extra-dry desert

/*Copy and paste that about 3 dozen times, each one will blow 6 adventures. When you're out of adventures, it stops.*/

Then just click the 'Scripts' menu on the tool bar, 'Load Script', choose your Desert.txt, and walk the gently caress away (or go back to, you know, working).

VVVVV Sweet, I had no fuggin' clue what 'Moods' were for.

Sapper fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 25, 2007

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Sapper posted:

adventure 1 oasis
adventure 5 arid extra-dry desert

This is even easier with moods... set up a trigger thus:

Trigger on: When an effect is lost
Check for: Ultrahydrated
Command: adventure 1 oasis

Then auto-adventure in the desert to your heart's content. Just remember to switch back to the default mood when you're done.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I could be mistaken, but doesn't Mafia automatically hydrate you when you're adventuring in the desert now? I could have sworn I tested that just recently and saw that it did, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.

Idran posted:

I could be mistaken, but doesn't Mafia automatically hydrate you when you're adventuring in the desert now? I could have sworn I tested that just recently and saw that it did, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.
I just tested this on a multi, and clicking the adventure again link for the desert with no turns of ultrahydrated causes mafia to visit the oasis once before kicking me back to the desert. Although with mafia, it's probably good to have a safeguard like the ones posted.

E: I know grammar, seriously

McSharpie fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 25, 2007

Twyst
Mar 5, 2005
:O
I love the classes in this game :D

Applied as Lulz.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Sapper posted:

Sweet, I had no fuggin' clue what 'Moods' were for.

Moods are for maintaining effects that you can't just get a huge amount of at once, and for automatically removing detrimental effects while auto-adventuring. For example, snowcone effects. I used to use it to maintain my blue tongue when item farming, and it would automatically pop another snowcone whenever it ran out.

Another good trigger I like to use is - 'Whenever I get Beaten Up, use 1 tiny house.' (If you have the skill, Tongue of the Walrus works, too.) That way, if you happen to get beaten up, but you have an effect that heals you after every adventure, Mafia won't gently caress you over by continuing to adventure with reduced stats. Similar triggers for A Little Bit Poisoned, Somewhat Poisoned, and Really Quite Poisoned to use an anti-anti-antidote are useful as well in some areas, such as the Sleazy Back Alley and the Upper Chamber.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

m2pt5 posted:

Another good trigger I like to use is - 'Whenever I get Beaten Up, use 1 tiny house.' (If you have the skill, Tongue of the Walrus works, too.) That way, if you happen to get beaten up, but you have an effect that heals you after every adventure, Mafia won't gently caress you over by continuing to adventure with reduced stats. Similar triggers for A Little Bit Poisoned, Somewhat Poisoned, and Really Quite Poisoned to use an anti-anti-antidote are useful as well in some areas, such as the Sleazy Back Alley and the Upper Chamber.

And uneffect Teleportitis is a godsend so you don't get :lol: raped by a quantum mechanic sending you to get overdrunk at the tavern. :shopkeeper:

Eggbert Shoots Fire
Jul 30, 2003

Hey guys what is going on in this thread
I'm NML Manticore (#29041), can I get a whitelist so I can at least visit? :)

ThreeHams
Sep 28, 2005

Ride the pig!
Totally applied as ThreeHams (#1422649)

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Eggbert Shoots Fire posted:

I'm NML Manticore (#29041), can I get a whitelist so I can at least visit? :)

You have to promise not to use your mod powers to hurt us, though.

edit: And you can't tell Boozerbear what we think of him.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Sputnik posted:

Because we...uh...love Boozerbear, he's...um...really...cool. And apparently the richest adventurer in the kingdom.

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/viewtopic.php?t=85492

It's a contest, starting September 24th, to collect every possible familiar in a single Bad Moon run, including the Exotic Parrot and the Misshapen Animal Skeleton. There are some nice prizes, and since a lot of the contest will probably come down to who can complete a MAS first there won't be a huge advantage to people who are experienced Bad Mooners.

Basically, enter this contest with me so we can bitch about how much the RNG is screwing us out of that 100th dusty bone together.

relicto
May 5, 2004

If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.
The time has come to join the craze. Applied as Oldtron.

TCC: We play real-life Mario Bros.

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

Sputnik posted:

You have to promise not to use your mod powers to hurt us, though.

pff gently caress that tell boozerbear we think he's a pompous dick who gets preferential treatment from the devs because he strokes their e-dicks and he's singlehandedly responsible for the lovely economy of the game.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

PirateZim posted:

pff gently caress that tell boozerbear we think he's a pompous dick who gets preferential treatment from the devs because he strokes their e-dicks and he's singlehandedly responsible for the lovely economy of the game.

And Voivod's full of himself too. Don't forget that.

Anyways, it appears that Otori week is starting/has started/will start at some point. I can't see any posts in the Contests forum about big prizes, but there are already giveaways in chat rooms such as /games and /trade, so if you've got time to spare, it may be worth it to lurk for a while.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Myself, Skyl3lazer, has applied to the clan.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

applied as nlewis4

Jessican
Jul 28, 2005

If this isn't okay to post here, please let me know and I will delete it.

I played this game for over a year, and I have gotten tired of it (I wish I had known about a goon presence in-game!). I just posted a thread in SA-Mart selling Mr. As and two accounts. Please check it out if you are interested! Link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2607301

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Any artistic goons in the clan?

http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/viewtopic.php?t=85582

Have a chance to win over 100k meat easily, a great starter for new accounts. I'll even toss in more meat if it's made by someone from SA!

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

tripwood posted:

Have a chance to win over 100k meat easily, a great starter for new accounts. I'll even toss in more meat if it's made by someone from SA!

Didn't take long for Voivod to swing in and be a smarmy rear end in a top hat. I guess that guy really does lurk Contests, stroking his microcock.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Sputnik posted:

Didn't take long for Voivod to swing in and be a smarmy rear end in a top hat. I guess that guy really does lurk Contests, stroking his microcock.

What an rear end in a top hat.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

tripwood posted:

How's this?

Sair
May 11, 2007

m2pt5 posted:

Moods are for maintaining effects that you can't just get a huge amount of at once, and for automatically removing detrimental effects while auto-adventuring. For example, snowcone effects. I used to use it to maintain my blue tongue when item farming, and it would automatically pop another snowcone whenever it ran out.

I never actually bothered to learn how moods work, until recently. I just wrote anything like that I thought I'd need into ASH scripts.

It seemed perfectly sensible at the time.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Sputnik posted:

Man, what a cocksucker.

relicto
May 5, 2004

If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.
How long should it take to get to level 9? Because I'm 6 with my sauceror after two days and I'm afraid I'm neglecting Muscle as I race through Mysticality. The problem with this is that I end up with abnormally low attack and hp numbers, and since my spells don't do poo poo (does this ever change, by the way?), I'm defenseless in places where I feel I should be doing well (i.e. Cobb's Knob Kitchens, Treasury).

Koyaansquty
May 12, 2003
Looks like this is going to be a nice browser game to play while at work. Applied as Koyaansquty (#1452360).

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

relicto posted:

How long should it take to get to level 9? Because I'm 6 with my sauceror after two days and I'm afraid I'm neglecting Muscle as I race through Mysticality. The problem with this is that I end up with abnormally low attack and hp numbers, and since my spells don't do poo poo (does this ever change, by the way?), I'm defenseless in places where I feel I should be doing well (i.e. Cobb's Knob Kitchens, Treasury).

Make sure to always use hair spray from the demon market to buff your moxie.

Get a ranged weapon and then eventually a potato pistol once you make it to Mt McLargeHuge.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

relicto posted:

Myst classes are the hardest to play. While you can focus exclusively on spells, it's harder and is best done after a few ascensions when you figure out the kinks. I suggest you try to raise your moxie as much as possible and focus on ranged weapons with the occassional spell tossed in. Exploiting elemental weaknesses is primordial as they do twice as much damage.

Shanty posted:

Sweet rear end pic!

Shanty, that's awesome. I don't like that face too much though, do you have any alternate ones? It's almost perfect already but everyone'll associate it with the goofball guy. If you have a few picks for the faces available I'll be sure to give a nice bonus for the choice!

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

tripwood posted:

Myst classes are the hardest to play. While you can focus exclusively on spells, it's harder and is best done after a few ascensions when you figure out the kinks. I suggest you try to raise your moxie as much as possible and focus on ranged weapons with the occassional spell tossed in. Exploiting elemental weaknesses is primordial as they do twice as much damage.

This is especially true against the NS, even moreso in hardcore. I just managed to beat her yesterday (29 days into my first NS13 hardcore run) by getting my moxie up to 206 (one[?] point shy of being completely unhittable by her) and spamming saucegeysers and popping MMJs as necessary. I only had to heal once, and I managed to slip my one red pixel potion through her block. (My natural moxie was like 172, and I managed the rest with equipment.)

Tsengli
Feb 1, 2005

Applied as justfactotum

Aygtets
Nov 8, 2005

I'll fluff your Garfield if you know what I mean.
So far KoL is awesome. I am nowhere in the game yet.

My brother told me about the forum clan. I would love to join!

My user is MDragon, I know it's the most douche-baggy name in all the internet. I switched characters and based the name off the e-mail that I used, which I created when I was 11.

Jessican
Jul 28, 2005

Jessican posted:

If this isn't okay to post here, please let me know and I will delete it.

I played this game for over a year, and I have gotten tired of it (I wish I had known about a goon presence in-game!). I just posted a thread in SA-Mart selling Mr. As and two accounts. Please check it out if you are interested! Link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2607301

I know I'm quoting myself, but I wanted to remind everyone of the Mr. As that I am selling and note that I am dropping the price from $8 each to $6 each. Please take a look if you are interested!

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

tripwood posted:

Shanty, that's awesome. I don't like that face too much though, do you have any alternate ones? It's almost perfect already but everyone'll associate it with the goofball guy. If you have a few picks for the faces available I'll be sure to give a nice bonus for the choice!

Well I could pretty much slap any face on there so do you just want a regular AT face? Remember, that does mean you lose out on the shifty eyes! Well I guess you could still have those, but they don't get much shiftier than goofball guy!

Oh and I have like six million million meat on my account so just put something in the clan stash if you end up using it, or whatever.

Edit: How's this

Shanty fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Aug 29, 2007

Wheelchair Stunts
Dec 17, 2005
Woo, I played this a little when it first came out. Back in and applied as Goondalf.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Shanty posted:

Well I could pretty much slap any face on there so do you just want a regular AT face? Remember, that does mean you lose out on the shifty eyes! Well I guess you could still have those, but they don't get much shiftier than goofball guy!

Oh and I have like six million million meat on my account so just put something in the clan stash if you end up using it, or whatever.

Edit: How's this

My wacom's already packed up for the move, otherwise I'd just do this myself, but here's a few suggestions on faces that might look good:

A Gnu gnome face (scaled down) that smirks a little.

A Smart skeleton face where maybe the glasses shift a little (sorry tripwood, I'm just assuming that you're a goonish 350lbs and wear glasses)

A scaled down trippy floating head, with maybe a sparkle in their eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

I'm playing KoL again. Applied to the clan as "Ryanbomber." :coal:

• Locked thread