Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Sputnik posted:

A Gnu gnome face (scaled down) that smirks a little.

I was going to try for this one, but once I got the head up there he was clearly more suitable for a "'sup" toss of the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

Man, what a cocksucker.

I posted in that thread but Voivod ate my post (will post the pm i got when i'm at work tonight)

also shanty i like that animation it looks like he's throwing up gang signs except they're actually accordions.

Sair
May 11, 2007

m2pt5 posted:

This is especially true against the NS, even moreso in hardcore. I just managed to beat her yesterday (29 days into my first NS13 hardcore run) by getting my moxie up to 206 (one[?] point shy of being completely unhittable by her) and spamming saucegeysers and popping MMJs as necessary. I only had to heal once, and I managed to slip my one red pixel potion through her block. (My natural moxie was like 172, and I managed the rest with equipment.)

Really? I know the last run I did as a Pastamancer, I was into level 14 when I did it, didn't have any problems. Just upped spell damage and set about with the two highest spells, and my trusty NPZR. Ripped right through her. I think it only took two or three tries. Though that one does have a few skills banked, like Dual Funkslinging (really handy here, even after NS13).

And I'd say that the myst classes are tough to play, but pretty powerful once you know the ropes. I'm convinced now that Entangling Noodles is one of the most useful skills in the game.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Sair posted:

Really?

I was also level 14, but the only skill I had banked was Pastamastery. (It was only my second HC run ever.) I was taking 30+ damage per hit, and I only had around 160HP. I figured it's safer to not get hit at all than reduce the damage she does.

relicto
May 5, 2004

If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.

tripwood posted:

Myst classes are the hardest to play. While you can focus exclusively on spells, it's harder and is best done after a few ascensions when you figure out the kinks. I suggest you try to raise your moxie as much as possible and focus on ranged weapons with the occassional spell tossed in. Exploiting elemental weaknesses is primordial as they do twice as much damage.

I followed your advice and all of a sudden it's like I'm playing a different game. Actually it's like I'm playing a game, as opposed to the game playing with me. Anyway, thanks!

Also, how do I get to actually fight Beelzebozo? It seems he just doesn't appear.

Lhotun
Jul 26, 2007
Applied to the clan as Lhotun. Might give me something more to do when I finally come out of Ronin.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

relicto posted:

Also, how do I get to actually fight Beelzebozo? It seems he just doesn't appear.

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Legendary_Epic_Weapon_Quest

The short version: Wear four "clownosity" worth of equipment from the "Fun" house to make the adventure passable. If you have Torso Awaregness, a clown harness is made in one step, as opposed to two for most of the other smithable parts.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

Shanty posted:

Edit: How's this

I really like this one. The simplicity makes it great. I'll buy it for SA. Thanks man! Someone from GBS made me a really great one too and I'll use it for things off-site, maybe switch it eventually. Don't know.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

anthonyz
Apr 15, 2006

kugutsumen will return
I applied under the name of kugutsumen.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

tripwood posted:

I really like this one. The simplicity makes it great. I'll buy it for SA. Thanks man! Someone from GBS made me a really great one too and I'll use it for things off-site, maybe switch it eventually. Don't know.

Sweet, glad to be of help!

mystery at hog island
Aug 16, 2003
Captain of Outer Space
Hi, I just applied to The Protected in the game. My character's name is FavorUnderlings.

I'm glad that I'm working a closing shift today. Having 40 turns to burn right before I pass the gently caress out from exhaustion is icing.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Oh man, Vovoid is a real little forum hitler. Check out the thread and this PM:

quote:

You just announced, less than 48 hours after starting a three month long contest that you wouldn't be able to award the grand prize. Your reasoning is unacceptable. You are expected to honor the commitment you made by starting the contest. That being said you may consider yourself banned from both the Contest forum and the Artist's Lair.

BTW, your avatar, as of this writing, exceeds the forum limits and is not acceptable.

What a major league jerk! And he mods forums meant for Hearts to frolic in.
I don't really give a poo poo though I'll just make a multi forum account if I want to post in contests.

Shanty, I'm going to buy that avatar today but could I bother you to ask to make it have a transparent background? That'd be perfect.

I'll buy a shitload of noodle dishes for the stash in thanks.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

tripwood posted:

I don't really give a poo poo though I'll just make a multi forum account if I want to post in contests.

Shanty, I'm going to buy that avatar today but could I bother you to ask to make it have a transparent background? That'd be perfect.

Voivod is awesome, you take back your slander :rolleye:

edit: And "consider yourself banned" on a public forum is about as effective as posting a 100line Ascii frowny face.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
So is there any way we could grief Voivod in game?

swankidelic
Aug 26, 2005

duke of disco
Is it possible that KoL is grief-proof? The only way I can think of grief anyone is through some arcane market manipulation. If we could steal his stuff through PvP, he could just restore his hippy stone.

We could also just troll the hell out of the KoL forums, but that's so... 4chan.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

tripwood posted:

Oh uh, are you sure you want transparency, because my attempts so far look either like absolute blurry rear end or like something knocked up in paint. I can't transparentize it without loosing the smoothness of the lines or leaving white bits all over them is what I'm saying.

I am not good with transparency v:shobon:v.

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

tripwood posted:

how did you get banned from contests before me >:(

also i would think that if you could upload your avatar then it does not exceed limits?

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

It's a few minutes before rollover on the last of August, so I have sent out the CARNIVORE button to Casnorf for making a majestic picture of spacedinocombat. Congrats!

lecherousjester
Jul 17, 2003

Creating the illusion of offense since 1999
So what the hell is Omphaloskepsis?

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

lecherousjester posted:

So what the hell is Omphaloskepsis?

Based on the wiki discussion, it seems to be the Mayflower bouquet of items. Randomly boosts a generic ability.

helloitsdan
Aug 29, 2006

Sputnik posted:

Based on the wiki discussion, it seems to be the Mayflower bouquet of items. Randomly boosts a generic ability.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's nothing special about it. Just MP, meat, items or stats. Another wasted chance to do something really cool with an IOTM, really.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

doctor masaki posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's nothing special about it. Just MP, meat, items or stats. Another wasted chance to do something really cool with an IOTM, really.

It's one of the most boring ones ever. Though after great poo poo like the Green Pixie I don't care too much.

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

my asses your grasses

CptAwesome fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 15, 2013

helloitsdan
Aug 29, 2006

tripwood posted:

It's one of the most boring ones ever. Though after great poo poo like the Green Pixie I don't care too much.

I'd say it's equally as boring as the rest of the item IOTMS (item items of the month?) really. I mean...the bottle rocket crossbows? The combat skills could have been so cool, but instead we get really poo poo cop-out elemental damage and monster level. The mayflower effects were all your run-of-the-mill random effects, as well.

I dunno, maybe I'm expecting too much, but most of the IOTMS seem to be either really lovely or duplicates of old ones with a the excpetion of a few, like the pixie. I know they have things to be working on, but could they not at least TRY to do something interesting each month? (Obviously, this brings up the issue of nice things for people who can't donate, but is that really such an issue when they're really just trying to get money?)

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Sputnik posted:

It's a few minutes before rollover on the last of August, so I have sent out the CARNIVORE button to Casnorf for making a majestic picture of spacedinocombat. Congrats!

Sweet! Thanks.

kponds
Nov 10, 2005

Just applied for The Protected. ID is kponds1 (edit: Thanks!)

I screwed around with this when it first came out and forgot how fun it was.

kponds fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 2, 2007

quag dab peg
Jan 11, 2007
querny

Jick posted:

August 31 - The quality of the dusty bottles of wine from Spookyraven's Wine Cellar has been reduced significantly. On the bright side, everything else got much better in comparison!

Well that's just retarded. How significantly?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Did they change the NS again? I am fighting her now as an acordian thief, and my buffs are still active. Granted, it is only 3 songs, and tingly wrists, but I thought she purged any non-inherent buff when you started fighting her.

Also, I noticed there is a zombie pineal gland in the stash. I was going to be making my npzr after I freed the king, and would rather dump 400k meat worth of dense meat stacks, or other items in the stash, rather then spend it in the mall. Can I trade stuff for that, or does anyone else in the clan have a gland for sale?

Sair
May 11, 2007

Jokanaan posted:

Well that's just retarded. How significantly?

With Ode, they were probably the best cheap drinks in the game. They were 4 adventures per drunkenness, same as TPS drinks. And since they were only 2 drunk a piece, it would get a lot more out of Ode.

I'm not really surprised.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
Is there a reason they don't want us to have slightly more adventures? A good reason? Considering you have to be either softcore (in which case who cares) or level 11 (in which case, again, who cares) to obtain and drink the wine?

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Notgothic posted:

Is there a reason they don't want us to have slightly more adventures? A good reason? Considering you have to be either softcore (in which case who cares) or level 11 (in which case, again, who cares) to obtain and drink the wine?

They generally focus pretty strongly on keeping balance in the food/drink items, which includes making sure that normal drop items don't rival those which can be crafted. I don't think it was a huge surprise.

quag dab peg
Jan 11, 2007
querny

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

They generally focus pretty strongly on keeping balance in the food/drink items, which includes making sure that normal drop items don't rival those which can be crafted. I don't think it was a huge surprise.

"Significantly" wasn't as bad as I took it to mean, but frankly, as someone who is pretty much exclusively in hardcore, I considered the one dusty bottle type a decent reward while doing the level 11 quest (not that the handful of confetti isn't super). I guess I see how it might be considered unbalanced for normal/casual runs, what with the extra ~10-20 adventures you can get from 9 bottles and no level requirement, but I'm sticking with "retarded".

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
SAMajik

Malignant melanoma
Mar 4, 2007
Applied to the clan as Zucci.

wulfren
Oct 19, 2003
Applied as wulfren.

Doug Lombardi
Jan 18, 2005
What is the best place to farm meat in NS13?

Edit: Besides the Killer Bee trick.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

I'm having trouble killing The Man as a HC Disco Bandit. I've done a DB run before, but I was going for the Silver Wossname so it wasn't an issue.

I just can't seem to face stab him to the point where he can't hit me. It's funny, because in my last run my face stabs wouldn't even connect with the NS but I still beat her the first try, and probably took more damage from fumbles than I did from being hit.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Something's still wrong with this code
There's a Killer Bee meat farming trick? :confused:

Tokyo Drifter
Dec 6, 2005

Applied to The Protected as THECAPSLOCKKEYISGREAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.