Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Sapper posted:

Is it just me, or have both my personal interest and the general goon interest in this game dropped dramatically since NS-13? This thread(s) used to be on the front page of Games, every day, at the most halfway down the second page; now I find myself having to dig for the damned thing, and using KOLMafia and KlikSaver far more than normal, just because I can't be arsed to play.

I blame this on Sputnik taking over the first post of this thread. :pseudo:

And I've been dumping all my turns in the sign gyms, other than lucre. Once I get up to the mid 20s I'll probably start basementing again. I just haven't had a lot of time to play KOL lately, with school starting and me being rather tired of the heart scene at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
My pre-bad moon was so horrible that it burnt me out for a while. I'm in the middle of bad moon and it's so drat hard. I'm in BM for my next 6 runs, I'm getting the brimstone gear.

Riidi WW
Sep 16, 2002

by angerbeet
I don't really play anymore either, I stopped for a couple weeks and then realized that I didn't miss it that much.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Applied as McMotU

I wish I remembered my old account name, I had 2 ascensions done :(

elcyberGoth
Nov 3, 2002

Please, the terms of my parole say I mustn't
I got fed up with all the cheese in Bad Moon and haven't logged in since (A level 13 muscle class can't hit The Man? Seriously?). WTB half decent game balance plz

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

elcyberGoth posted:

I got fed up with all the cheese in Bad Moon and haven't logged in since (A level 13 muscle class can't hit The Man? Seriously?). WTB half decent game balance plz

The bastard is tough but dumb, just de-level him with combat items then thrust smack him. That's where you end up using all those great combat items you found in the battlefield.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

elcyberGoth posted:

If you're a turtle tamer just shieldbutt him, it can't miss. If you're a seal clubber buff your muscle with stuff like Tiger Balm from the Demon Market, the Can of Black Facepaint from the Black Market, and the Hella Tough buff from the Styx Pixie. If you're a seal clubber make sure you're running Rage of the Reindeer for an extra %muscle boost. The Man is sleaze element, right? Theres a Bad Moon adventure on the Icy Peak that gives +20 cold damage per hit, which should be 40 damage against sleazy stuff.

Theres also a bunch of semi-rare items that'd take The Man down pretty easy. Shrinking Powder takes off half his HPs, poltergeist in-the-jar-o does 200 spooky damage I think? You can buff your muscle up to hit him with those few buffs, or in the event of being a TT, just combo him to death with some knee/shield shots. If you're really having a hard time I'd suggest getting that shrinking powder, that'll be 1000+ damage.

There are a lot of other things to do. If you have any questions we could probably help.

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.
Applied in-game as Averam.

What. :whatup:

Slave Owner
Jan 28, 2004
Applied as Azarean.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Chococat posted:

I blame this on Sputnik taking over the first post of this thread. :pseudo:

And I've been dumping all my turns in the sign gyms, other than lucre. Once I get up to the mid 20s I'll probably start basementing again. I just haven't had a lot of time to play KOL lately, with school starting and me being rather tired of the heart scene at the moment.

I moved to a place that didn't get an internet technishun for about two weeks. Literally minutes ago, the internet was turned on, and here I am. I'll try to post inane commentary sporadically to bump the thread.

Today's tip: The IOTM sucks, but early October will be a cash cow for Mr. As!

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
You know, I think the Bad Moon may have revived my interest in this game. It sucks losing all yous skills, but I just got a non-combat in the spooky forest that gave me back my Torso Awaregness. I'd be willing to bet it's only the non-class, non-Mr. A skills though. drat, I want a loving snowcone.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I have been running hardcore since I first started the game back in April. I was planning on getting enough skills to make HCO not quite so painful, but then NS13 came along. Now my plan is to get enough lucre for the skill book, then I will probably start doing the HCO runs to get the plexi rewards.

Although, nothing stings quite so much as ascending a HC Accordian Thief, and intending to perm Moxious Madrigal, and instead not paying attention, and perming the lame 0 level skill. That was a nice waste of 17 days. Although, I guess it isn't a complete waste, as it is a good buff to use to drain filler mp with a mp restorer pet.

Only about 4-5 more months to go until I have 200 lucre.

swankidelic
Aug 26, 2005

duke of disco

Sapper posted:

Is it just me, or have both my personal interest and the general goon interest in this game dropped dramatically since NS-13? This thread(s) used to be on the front page of Games, every day, at the most halfway down the second page; now I find myself having to dig for the damned thing, and using KOLMafia and KlikSaver far more than normal, just because I can't be arsed to play.

I wanted to be the first to get an olfactory tome. I kinda lost it when someone outpaced me in Filthy Lucre. But, I started school a little bit, and today I'm heading off to Atlanta to see Bjork... real life got a little more interesting.

I still want to take the IRC crew to a bar or pub or something. :3 I wish we didn't live in >1 countries.

Admiral Lasers
Dec 10, 2000

I just now made an account, but I didn't pick the right class. Is there any way I can delete my account short of waiting the 60 days, if I want to use the name I took?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Nope, but you repick your class every ascension, so it's not a huge deal what class you pick. It will take you awhile to get your first ascension done, but all classes have useful skills to perm.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!
Dammit. I was doing a badmoon lead-in, killed the NS without clovers, then emptied out Hangk's forgetting that I had freaking legendary weapons in there. THEN when I realized what I did, I got so pissed off I ascended and forgot to throw my extra regeants into the clan stash....dammit. I'll do better next run.

:bang:

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Game_Whino posted:

emptied out Hangk's forgetting that I had freaking legendary weapons in there

That shouldn't make a difference; you still didn't use any clovers, even if you possessed legendary weapons.

Rikkmeister
Mar 20, 2006
I recently completed my first ascension (as a Seal Clubber), and moved onto oxygetarian hardcore. Is there a way for me to gain more than 40 adventures / day? Because with 40 / day, this will go slow :(

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Rikkmeister posted:

I recently completed my first ascension (as a Seal Clubber), and moved onto oxygetarian hardcore. Is there a way for me to gain more than 40 adventures / day? Because with 40 / day, this will go slow :(
Untinker your meat car and make a meat maid from it, loot a dead guy's watch, and build a chrome weapon using the seal clubber crafting skill.

The watch and weapon can be equipped before rollover for extra adventures. The maid works automatically

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Rikkmeister posted:

Come ooooooon, this is in the first post!

THE FIRST POST posted:

Don't do a Hardcore Oxygenarian run as your first ascension. Play it smart - ease into Hardcore, if you're looking for a challenge. Your first HCO run can be upwards of sixty days of pain and boredom.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Aw hell, I did a HCO Pastamancer after my very first run. It's not so bad. Only took me 267 days:v:

In other words, you're hosed, Rikky.

Rikkmeister
Mar 20, 2006

Sputnik posted:

Come ooooooon, this is in the first post!

I know, but I want it this way :)

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Let me in please

-pkells

Man, we had almost our entire fraternity house playing this game at one point a year or two ago. Too bad I let it go idle...

whoredog
Apr 10, 2002

Rikkmeister posted:

I know, but I want it this way :)

If you had done a moxie class I would say you have a 50/50 chance of finishing it. Seal clubber? :effort: But hey...maybe these posts will put a firey will to finish in yer gut.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

good job buddy now lets go have a drink

whoredog posted:

If you had done a moxie class I would say you have a 50/50 chance of finishing it. Seal clubber? :effort: But hey...maybe these posts will put a firey will to finish in yer gut.

Yeah two hundred days from now look back on these posts and get fired up :v:

Seriously though, good luck, you'll be needing it! You might get away with a semi-fast run, who knows. I had three hardcore ascensions before I went oxy and it only took me 21 days... but that was in NS-11 where I could get twinkly wads easily at low levels and I had the thrust smack skills permed (they were actually worth something back then) going into a TT run. Yeah, you're boned.

edit: In other news, I just missed hitting 16 days on my bad moon pastamancer run. This was after thinking I was going to have a 14 or 15 dayer going into level 10 on day 8. I've had drat terrible luck the last week and wasn't thinking ahead as much as I should have been. If you're gonna go bad moon pastamancer, get atleast two massage oil semi-rare adventures and two shrinking powders.

Shabar Shabaz fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 17, 2007

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!

m2pt5 posted:

That shouldn't make a difference; you still didn't use any clovers, even if you possessed legendary weapons.

Aparently it did. There wasn't a badmoon option (and it wouldn't let me ascend with a "blank" sign.) Ah well, If anyone needs any potions of gr8tness, serums of sarcasm, or whatever, just e-mail me and I'll gift package them out of hagnks

(I'm on as JimmyFettucini)

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

Man, not much interesting new stuff lately. It sure would be great if there were, I dunno, some kind of weekly update to keep the game fresh or something. God, Jick has taken more time to "rest" from the NS13 implementation than some people take to grieve for lost loved ones. :mad:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Jett posted:

Man, not much interesting new stuff lately. It sure would be great if there were, I dunno, some kind of weekly update to keep the game fresh or something. God, Jick has taken more time to "rest" from the NS13 implementation than some people take to grieve for lost loved ones. :mad:

Seriously, it's going on three months now with no substantial content updates and some truly half-assed IotMs.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

The Midniter posted:

Seriously, it's going on three months now with no substantial content updates and some truly half-assed IotMs.

Jick's probably spent the last 3 months in a wake-n-bake haze while telling himself that everybody loves NS-13. Seriously.

I'd hate to see this game slowly fall away, but I'd be willing to bet that his income post-NS-13 is probably significantly less than it was prior. Which depresses him, so he doesn't feel like working, which pisses off more people who quit playing, which reduces his income...

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.
Doing hardcore sans epic legendary weapon sucks so god drat much. BAD MOON :doom:

Vorxnyx
Sep 4, 2002

they told me how to make this implant
they said it would make a better me of me

Riidi WW posted:

I don't really play anymore either, I stopped for a couple weeks and then realized that I didn't miss it that much.

I had an opposite reaction; I started going to Hardcore again and discovered that the amount of turns I get in Hardcore is about enough for one day and I don't have to manage pulls or meat or any of that poo poo like people have to do in Softcore. The amount of turns you get in SC is just way too much to sustain for any length of time unless you automate, and if you completely automate, what's the point?

On the other hand...

Jick posted:

Okay, so we've rolled out some improvements to the navel ring, since we seem to have undershot the mark a bit.

As you've no doubt already noticed, Omphaloskepsis is now an intrinsic on the item instead of a combat skill. Its effects are the same (with the exception of the post-combat MP gain one, which has been scaled up a good bit.)

It also now affects running away. With the ring in, the chance of a successful runaway is 100%, and there's a chance (which diminishes the more you use it in a given day) that running away won't use a turn, tattered-scrap-of-paper-style.

There was a brief period of time in the middle of this update where it wasn't working the way it should've, and for that I apologize. Please let me know if anything is still acting goofy as of the time of this posting.

Guys, this IotM isn't bringing in NEARLY enough money! Must pump it up until people give me more money! Must sustain World of Warcraft habit!

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Vorxnyx posted:

Guys, this IotM isn't bringing in NEARLY enough money! Must pump it up until people give me more money! Must sustain World of Warcraft habit!

I'm not going to lie, this is exactly how I interpretted that post as well.

Stealthwiz
Jun 5, 2006
Applied as Stealthwiz

Pakelika
May 13, 2005

Work It! Thats Right! Awwww Yeah!
Applied as Pakelika

NerftheSmurf
Jun 13, 2003

I will smurf you
Well there's your new content.

Anybody try the pirate item yet?

SuperomegaBill
Aug 29, 2004

Riidi WW posted:

This is exactly me. Now, I've gained two extra hours every day.

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes
Applied as Seksiness

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

NerftheSmurf posted:

Well there's your new content.

Anybody try the pirate item yet?
I think it also appeared last year on TLaPD, and all it does, I believe, is add piratey expressions to your text in chat.

My question is does anyone know anything about the drop rate or how much its Mall value appreciated over the past year? If this could be the path to some quick meat I'll farm the drat cove, but I've got my main in HC and my alt in Ronin and would just as soon work on completing quests if this isn't going to be REALLY worth my time.

Yawgatog
Jul 6, 2002
b0x0rz r0x0r
If it's still the binarrrca and it's anything like last year, don't bother. Nobody wanted it after pirate day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Applied as AlexAnkari. I'm a Sauceror.

• Locked thread