Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

I'm guessing that AofSP will let you drink up to 29 before getting overdrunk, but only let you eat up to 4. Probably a smattering of the useful fiddly skills, such as +/- combat, and maybe a skill to get special booze. Or who knows, maybe something completely different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

An interesting thing for AofSP:

The Snow Tires upgrade let's you skip most of level 8 quest. It takes you up to the point to where you fight the yetis.

Edit: But you still need to get the cold resistance.

Jeff the Mediocre fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 17, 2014

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

Also, it's just a new way to get to the Palindrome, so if you hate the pirates and the stupid insults, great! Here you go!

Edit: What I mean is, if you like the pirates, that's still there.

Jeff the Mediocre fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 20, 2014

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

I like the new challenge path. Do miss my boots, though.

I'm in the middle of a run, so my next comment might be completely wrong, or I'm an incompetent goof. But this challenge path really seems to show how strange the difficulty curve is with fights, since many of the low-level quest locations have high water. It always seems to take me a couple of levels before I can really start nuking things as a sauceror, or get my fighting style going, since you need to have enough MP to get everything going.

It's better with Smith stuff, since you get a lot of bonuses, but it's quite noticeable in other challenge paths.

Then again, I am kind of crap at this game.

• Locked thread