Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Jett posted:

Quite to the contrary, I'm finding Mafia pretty awesome these days. Sure, there are a few points where it's best to use the minibrowser (loving Desert/Oasis quest :argh: )

Okay dude, copy and paste this into a text file, then save it into your scripts folders as some poo poo like 'Desert.txt':
/*Begin the code, don't paste these comments*/

adventure 1 oasis
adventure 5 arid extra-dry desert

/*Copy and paste that about 3 dozen times, each one will blow 6 adventures. When you're out of adventures, it stops.*/

Then just click the 'Scripts' menu on the tool bar, 'Load Script', choose your Desert.txt, and walk the gently caress away (or go back to, you know, working).

VVVVV Sweet, I had no fuggin' clue what 'Moods' were for.

Sapper fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 25, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Sputnik posted:

edit: And you can't tell Boozerbear what we think of him.

Because we...uh...love Boozerbear, he's...um...really...cool. And apparently the richest adventurer in the kingdom.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
So is there any way we could grief Voivod in game?

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Max posted:

I'm going to try and get the bad moon sign this run, so no 4 leaf clovers for me this time around. I must resist the temptation.

poo poo, you can use all the 4 leaf clovers you want. Can't use any 7 leaf clovers, though.

Is it just me, or have both my personal interest and the general goon interest in this game dropped dramatically since NS-13? This thread(s) used to be on the front page of Games, every day, at the most halfway down the second page; now I find myself having to dig for the damned thing, and using KOLMafia and KlikSaver far more than normal, just because I can't be arsed to play.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
You know, I think the Bad Moon may have revived my interest in this game. It sucks losing all yous skills, but I just got a non-combat in the spooky forest that gave me back my Torso Awaregness. I'd be willing to bet it's only the non-class, non-Mr. A skills though. drat, I want a loving snowcone.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Aw hell, I did a HCO Pastamancer after my very first run. It's not so bad. Only took me 267 days:v:

In other words, you're hosed, Rikky.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

The Midniter posted:

Seriously, it's going on three months now with no substantial content updates and some truly half-assed IotMs.

Jick's probably spent the last 3 months in a wake-n-bake haze while telling himself that everybody loves NS-13. Seriously.

I'd hate to see this game slowly fall away, but I'd be willing to bet that his income post-NS-13 is probably significantly less than it was prior. Which depresses him, so he doesn't feel like working, which pisses off more people who quit playing, which reduces his income...

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

tripwood posted:

Non-special Sneaky Pete's days rewards are useless now anyway, before that it used to be sorta useful against the NS but now it just plain sucks.

Yeah, these glowsticks are pretty much testament to just how loving lazy Jick is. Yep, I'll just change the color, we're good for another KoL year!
The Refreshments SSPD was awesome, I was really hoping he'd continue in that vein. Hell, you can't even collect the damned things, you have faggots like Crowther sitting there in SC saving their adventures, TP drinks, not-a-pipes, etc so they can have 400 adventures and max the glowsticks. Those of us who actually play the game more than once every 4 months can't get nearly as many. I have 37 of the yellow ones last time and didn't even make the top 10.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Sputnik posted:

If you really think that Jick and Skully put in 3 hours of honest work each day of the month, then you need to get your head checked. Back when KoL started? I'm sure they put in 10 hours a day. But now? They're coasting on fumes of a prior legacy.

Hell, they can't even be bothered to fix the fact that when you click "Last Adventure" on any one of the Big Island zones, it takes you back to the entire island, instead of the farm, junkyard, beach, etc.

Actually, I don't think it works for any of the new NS-13 zones, does it?

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I put my multi's drinks in his store, but my main is in Bad Moon, so these things are great for him.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Well, hell, I'm nobody special, but I can take a coupla minutes out of the day to approve new members.
My main is Sapper in-game. Bad Moon has renewed my will to play.

Sapper fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 30, 2007

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Cool beans. The only thing is, I'm in Bad Moon, so I won't be able to send out welcome packages. What all goes in to them again, anyway? I just had my main throw something like 18 BFVs in the stash at the end of the last BM run (way too many worthless trinkets collecting dust after spending a poo poo ton of time trying to get a stolen accordion out of the sewer)

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Sputnik posted:

I think the tower familiars, a BFV if they don't have one, 10 hell ramen (or maybe 5?), dead man's watch, and a heavy metal appropriate weapon. Pull what you need from stash resources, if you're up to taking up Davethulhu's forgotten post.

I can have my alt Cev pull and send the stuff, he should have pretty good karma at this point.

So, who's a noob in SC and needs poo poo?

Also, I think I have a Mr. A I can lend out to get your accounts marked permanent. I suppose anyone who keeps it (and is logging in) gets booted, right? Or gets their clan nickname changed to something involving livestock and KY jelly.

Sapper fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 1, 2007

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
I shot Paul the Walrus a kMail. If you're here dude, post in the thread, otherwise I'm rejecting you by Tuesday.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Goo, goo, g'joob, motherfucker.:commissar:

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

wet sector posted:

I'm a level 3 pastamancer called Fismortious, and I'd like to be accepted into the clan.

Youse been accepted.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

g0del posted:

Can my multi tbuch be accepted please?

CK07 posted:

Yeah, can you let in my multi trespiratesque too? :D

You're in like Flynn. Loot the stash and I'll whoop your rear end.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

g0del posted:

Can I just use the stash as a slightly less obvious way of getting high end food/booze from my main to my multi?

Of course you can! Just don't take 200 Hell Ramens out of the stash each day to sell in your mall store. In fact, don't take anything out for the express purpose of selling it- the admins do that occasionally to buy higher end food and drink.

Take only what you need, and leave the rest to the clan.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Hey Sputbot, Infernomancer applied to the clan, he knows about the thread but doesn't have an account. He said he'd spoken to you...should we let him in or not?

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Alright, Paul the Walrus is in, Sput's not around so Infernomancer is getting the cold biscuits. Those two can take it up later if he really wants in our clan so bad.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

tinselt0wn posted:

just applied

im also tinselt0wn in game. level 12 accordian thief

You're in. And you have the dubious honor of being the first member inducted via my Wii browser. loving laptop:argh:

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

duffman posted:

Just applied as Eugine

DUFFMAN! has been accepted. OH YEAH!

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Cicadalek posted:

with a sub-theory of it then blowing up Hagnk's

Hasn't that poor bastard had enough? Hell, I ain't seen him in months, somebody bulldozed him and put a goddamned Waffle House up.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Well, you put stuff in the store and then you can compare prices...if it's selling for the minimum, it's better to just autosell. You have to have one for a while and then you'll start getting a feel for the market.

What's your in-game name, I'll front you the 50k.

EDIT: Duh, I'm the one who inducted you into the clan. poo poo. Okay, my alt CEV just sent you 50km.

Sapper fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 11, 2007

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Azhais posted:

Applied as 'dommesdag'.

Laugh and cry with me as I do HCO with the new pirate area.

Yer in. I'm Bad Mooning it, myself.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Dammit, I'm going where there will be no internet for 3 days. Anyone know how I can automate mafia to login, do the Crimborg adventures, and logout?

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

ExtremeODD posted:

Well I have around 2million so I no longer have the need to meat to get equipment. poo poo keep me under a probational thing where I cannot withdraw anything from the stash.

I guess we can let him in as a 'Greedy Goon'? I'm not sure what the settings are. I'm all for letting you back in, but you done lost yo' all yo' stash privileges.

But I ain't doing poo poo until we get a ruling from one of the admins. Sputbot? Is Chococat an admin? Is it bad that I don't know who our admins are?

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

This is a good parody post.

Holy gently caress, I was wondering if he was the dickbag that robbed the stash back in the day- couldn't remember that jackass's name. Y'know what? I take it back. Go gently caress yourself and play with the pubbies.

I was thinking you were someone who joined, and ganked a buncha Hell Ramen and Sauceror potions for a few bucks in the mall out of stupidity and n00bness. Whoops.

You weren't 'kinda' booted- your rear end got hit so hard it permanently split about a foot wider.

tripwood posted:

Well how much did you take out originally? If you give back what you took and then some in food and booze, I'd say it'd be fair.

No, if it's actually goferchan, he loving robbed us and laughed about it. gently caress him. I wasn't paying so much attention to the clan back then, just dumping my gear at the end of each HCO run and loosely following the thread, but I remember that fiasco.

By the way all, sorry for not keeping up with the admissions lately, I'm on vacation in Lower Bumfuck, Texas with the inlaws, and the connection is slow as poo poo- been pretty much logging on to do the Dodecahedron and nothing else. Which means I got hosed on the Toy Factory content, but c'est la vie.

Sapper fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 25, 2007

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
I wasn't meaning asking Sput if he can have stash privs, I meant even letting him back in to the clan.

gently caress giving him stash rights.

Y'know what, we really need to start using the clan boards more and the thread less. Then again, I guess there's not really a whole lot of private business to discuss.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Nomenklatura posted:

Er, I probably should have done a bit of research about the effects of goofballs before I eagerly devoured the things.

DTs ahoy!

I'll send you some from my farmer. 1000 turns of shaking and making GBS threads your pants is no one's idea of fun. Except GBS'.

EDIT: Figured out your in-game name. Not hard, since it's on the same loving page.

Sapper fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 28, 2007

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
[[ Please wait, retrieving post quote... ]]

Nomenklatura posted:

So thanks to the guy who sent me 500 kilomeats for knowing basic movie trivia!

What should I do with this meaty, meaty bounty? I know "store at 9" but I'm not sure what else. High adventure/stat foods and beverages? Gear that I can't simply borrow from the guild stash and return when I'm done? One of those sombreros that everybody's always wanking on about?

What?
"Basic"? Nobody around here gets Trainspotting references, although I guess the flying poo poo scene pretty much burns itself into your memory:v: Maybe it's just because I'm in PA.

If you're wanting to play HC and Bad Moon, I'd forgo buying anything that'll only be useful in SC. The cheapest price on a Sombrero is 300K right now, but I wouldn't put it past Jick to have the same SSPD again if the mall prices go up- for some reason he loving hates the mall, which is odd considering he created it.

Besides, the sombrero's not that great, it's a hat with +5 to all atributes. Whoopty poo poo. The Tin star is more useful (+ 5ML, +3 mox), but much more expensive.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Nomenklatura posted:

Hmm... I wasn't under the impression that money carried over to a HC game.

It doesn't, but you can save it from run to run to save up for Mr. Store junk. Getting a Libram of Candy Heart Summoning should be a priority right now, but it's gonna take a lot more than a measly 500km to get.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

TonyV posted:

Free poo poo

That's what I get for visiting my dear old mother on a Sunday. I miss out on a chance for a Pumpkin Bucket.

Well, happy New Year anyway.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

kod3d posted:

Just applied as exovarius. :)

Welcome to the Protected. Please insert meat to continue.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

tinselt0wn posted:

do these IoTM skills act as permed (HC? SC?) from the start, or do you you have to waste an ascension?

They're HC Permanents immediately, no need to waste an ascension picking them. You still won't be able to use them in BM, though.

If I pick this thing up with my BM guy, I won't even be able to use it for this run, will I?

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Sputnik posted:

One of these days we should just buy a Mr. A for each goon.

How much of that stuff is purely autosell-value? If we took all the poo poo from the stash with no market value, autosell it and see what the profits are like, and the divide that among all the members, that would be pretty tight. Plus, it'd clean a bunch of poo poo out.

I usually dumb the stuff I find useful at the end of my run into the stash, and just autosell the worthless stuff, but if we can just start autoselling the worthless crap and distributing it to all the goons, that'd be awesome.

poik007 posted:

But now for hardcore I fend for myself ;P

My main is HC, I just dump at the end of the runs. I know I won't be pulling anything, and I hate having Hagnks get all cluttered with poo poo.

Just thought of something funny: sell enough poo poo to get one billion meat, and then buy a Tiki idol from some douchebag's shop where he's got it set to 999,999,999 meat just to show it off. Or raid Boozerbear's shop when he tries to gently caress with the market, maybe even undersell him to ruin his market hold he jacks himself off thinking about.

Sapper fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 6, 2008

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

gypsyshred posted:

Speaking of Crimbo stuff, does anyone have a spare General Assembly Module? All I need are the pants and I have the full set.

Oh, that sucks.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
The only gripe I have with the absinthe is that it takes at least 7 adventures to get the Not-A-Pipe, so the actual gain is pretty lovely, sometimes even going into a deficit. I suppose there are stat gains from the enemies, but meh.

The fancy ball mask comes in damned handy for non-moxie classes, and so does the Can-Can skirt. drat Bad Moon takin' my pictsie away:argh:

VVVV Yeah, it just sucks whenever it drags out and you get it on the last turn of Absinthe-minded. Although I never really thought about the MP resupply from Alph, good point! loving BM :(

Sapper fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 11, 2008

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

BlueArmyMan posted:

Did you miss the fact that the letter from King Ralph included a big rock, specifically so you can make the Epic Weapon? I mean, I have had a chef in the box at my campsite for the majority of my Bad Moon run, so it's not impossible.

I thought that, too, but he's talking about the lead-in, not the BM run itself. Does anyone know if the lemon party slot gives out rocks occasionally now, anyway, without clovers? It does in BM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Temjerk , whoever the gently caress you are, post in the thread. Escobar and PrehensileSpine are in.

• Locked thread