Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
Is there a reason they don't want us to have slightly more adventures? A good reason? Considering you have to be either softcore (in which case who cares) or level 11 (in which case, again, who cares) to obtain and drink the wine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Anyone know if the NO buffbot is dead or something? I sent in some meat about 6 hours ago and the buffs still haven't arrived.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Yawgatog posted:

http://www.mrkinks.com/buffme/index.pl is a much cooler buffbot.

You are absolutely correct! Thanks for this.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

I thought we only had that one douchebag, who shall remain nameless (and seems to have finally gotten the hint and hosed off, or in any case I haven't seen his avatar in ages)?

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

I can't believe the zombie pineal glands are up to 777k, makes me feel bad that I sold one of the two extra I had back when they were 90k. I don't really want to sell the other though, it's one of those "hey I was there for this (so were like 3-400,000 other people of course)" souveniers.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Soth posted:

Oh man I've been making bank. Remember how the pirate thing hit, and then like days later, Crimbo stuff started happening so everyone went and did that? Well, Cursed Pieces of Thirteen just hit like, 200k, gilded keys are about the same, and I made a good 1.5 mill playing the market on the chests. God drat it's been a good Crimbo.

Seriously. It sucks that I didn't realize that that market is incredibly lucrative until yesterday, hopefully it will take a day or two for prices to go down still.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Dr. Video Games 0097 posted:

Send me stuff.

Sent! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Orvin posted:

For being so awsome with the outfits, is there anything that you are collecting Chococat? From all my HC runs, I possibly have a minor stockpile of a lot of things that I wouldn't mind sending to you.

I asked this very question myself, and apparently:

PM from Chococat posted:

Hey, you don't need to get me anything since this is totally goonerocity in action, but Very Flash collects crazy little turkish delights and fancy dress balls, if you have any of those kicking around.

Notgothic fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 12, 2008

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

One zone solely for the purpose of reaching a button that causes Boozerbear to get socked in the mouth in real life.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

KoL frontpage posted:

Crimbomination bits expurgated:

Player Nodules
Bank of KoL 1,739
PatMcRotch 1,453
WhiskeyJack 1,339
Gorloth 1,232
Princess Anathema 1,100
kaiou 1,082
Kamikaze Assassin 1,060
LongWood 1,032
Mayim Bialik 935
Gauln 895
the40ftboy 876
SleepingHare 715
KlImtog 701
Poochy 679
PoochyEXE 677
SoCal 671
Seventh 640
Casl 627
VanDamien 617
Scyld 610

I can buy someone being able to do the 3-400 adventures a day to put them on the bottom half of the chart, and I'll ignore the absurd amount of mana that it would cost to spirit-of-crimbo at that point. But how the gently caress did someone do 1739 adventures in two days? That doesn't seem like it should be possible at all.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Yeah, within the confines of the game I can't figure out how someone would be doing that many adventures. Do sober pills still work? I don't know why someone would be wasting them on something stupid like this, but I guess if they had Boozerbear levels of meat's worth of sober pills, they could keep drinking ridiculous numbers of corpsetinis et cetera?

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

KoL posted:

April 02
Happy Groundhog Day! Ronin now ends when you free King Ralph, and if you're in Hardcore, you can access any unavailable permanent skills you have from your account menu.

So there's basically no reason not to be doing hardcore ascensions anymore? Not that I care personally, but that seems kind of lovely for people who do softcore ascensions. Or is this a late April Fool's prank or something?

Anyway, Bad Moon is pretty fun, I wish I'd done it earlier. Finding new foods without my Pastamancer/Sauceror skills is alternately fun and completely obnoxious.

Edit: forgot you can take some things out of Hagnk's while in Ronin; this seems less bad to me now, but still annoying.

Notgothic fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 3, 2009

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Ultima66 posted:

So now if you have skills permed for SC, and finish a HC run, you can use those SC skills or something, where you couldn't before. Don't quote me on it though; I have never done a SC ascension in my history of KoLing.

Yeah, that half of the announcement I didn't have a problem with (and if the way you're interpreting it is true, that's pretty cool), I was just complaining about the Ronin thing. Now that I've been doing some reading though, it seems a lot more reasonable. I didn't realize Ronin was up to 1000 turns before this, goddamn.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

goferchan posted:

What? What this update means is that after you break the prism, you can use your SC permed skills in HC. Not during your run. So if you finished a hardcore run and wanted to do some Hobopolis or whatever, but most of your skills were only permed SC, you now recover them, so you wouldn't have to reascend softcore or casual just to use them outside of your run. The skills aren't available until the point where you can take everything out of Hagnk's anyway.

Uh, yes, I got that and said so in that post. Why don't you go play Money-Making Game with the clan's meat about it or something

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

So does anyone know what's been up with Kingdom of Buffing? It looks like the queue is stalled around 10,000 right now, did someone trip over a power cord last week or something?

Notgothic fucked around with this message at 10:12 on May 25, 2009

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Soth posted:

Not a clue. Thankfully, there's a poo poo ton of buffbots that can take its place.

Oh I know, I'm just grumpy because I donated some meat to it just before it apparently went tits-up.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Huh. If you were to ask me to list off references that I didn't think you'd be likely to find in this game, "Marine Corps bases" would be pretty damned high on that list.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

ok, that makes a lot more sense than what I thought. The shame, it is overwhelming.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

sfwarlock posted:

Especially with the recent Mr. A inflation. They used to be 4.4-4.7 million, now they're up around 6 or 7. I've got drat good farming gear, but if I farmed for a Mr. A every month, I'd be doing nothing else with my turns, and what kind of playing a game is that?

Ah dammit, I was hoping that was just a temporary price blip from people getting the sugar tome.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Is there a time lag for messages showing up in my outbox? I sent a ton of nuggets to Masamune to wad up a little while ago, the nuggets are gone from my inventory, but the message isn't in my outbox and I'll be annoyed if the game just ate 300 wads.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Sputnik posted:

It's possible the message wasn't saved to the outbox. Are you sure you have that link clicked?

I thought I did, but apparently not! Anyway, hurray Masamune!

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

I was just thinking my anniversary was coming up, and what did I get today but a shiny burlap belt!

KoL posted:

Happy Anniversary, and holy crap! If your account was a child, he'd be in the second grade!

Joke's on them: my account's at least a couple of years underdeveloped due to neglect!

Please don't call e-CPS on me.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Toffile posted:

E/N Bullshit: eCPS took my children away

This is total bullshit, man! They're telling me my character is malnourished, but I fed her like, five bowls of chow mein today! At once! She really wolfed it down, since I forgot to check up on her for a couple of days, but she's fine now! And I give her all the booze she needs, so she can have the best adventures; she needs it, otherwise she can't get to the five-hundredth sub-basement, you know?

Unless of course she's in one of those "I don't eat food or drink alcohol" phases, but we all know how that is. Kids are nutty, right?

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

I thought I'd adventure in the sea for a bit until I want to resume my basement dive; man, gently caress the sea so much. gently caress dolphins, too, although I guess those are actually kind of helpful, since they're "stealing" items you wouldn't have gotten anyway, so now you can get them with a whistle?

Anyway, as for the current mysterious happenings, I've gotten MOR, PPE, ER., EAL, LEN, VIL, ...GA, ....B, LE..., and HER; the variation in the number of periods is interesting.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

I guess it's not all that helpful, but I have two bracelets if someone has one and wants to switch off after rollover? (I'm overdrunk right now, too) Beefy Notgothic in-game.

Notgothic fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 26, 2012

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

President Ark posted:

Rollover's passed, so if you can shoot me those bracelets... :)

I just need one, but also me! The mysterious door calls to me.

edit: Thanks a million, smelltastic; I'd just used up all my fragments before, so that was pretty well-timed.

Notgothic fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Clod hoppers for floaty sand, maybe.

I've been doing that the slow way, with a rock lobster once I get done with getting the day's absinthe/agua/transponder drops. It is, unsurprisingly, extremely slow. I'm glad I had the lobster when I decided to see what the reanimated bat skeleton fax was about, though.

• Locked thread