Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

whoredog posted:

Is the fortune cookie/semi rare counter something that is used by everybody with more brains than me?
In hardcore, and especially Bad Moon, they're very useful. For example, you can get a full Knob Goblin elite suit (for access to +item and +meat drop potions, early cheap MP, and a +5 familiar weight potion), items that give 10 turns of +100 to a stat, some very good low level food and drink, and of course the 10 turns of 200% meat drops for the hills.
Also, one of my favorite item descriptions:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

craig588 posted:

I'm pretty sure the oyster eggs were all going for a few thousand each a few days after oyster egg day last year and right now they're hardly over 100. Did I remember wrong or should I spend my 40,000 on them right now then resell in a week?
I have a suspicion that the +meat ones will sell well.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Soth posted:

I thought that on exceptionally rare occasion we might do clan buffs of some form or another. Anyways, whenever I wipe inactives, I whitelist first, so it shouldn't even be an issue.
Sput squandered our precious clan cash buing some stat buffs last crimbo. In general, the clan is oriented towards hardcore, so clan buffs are pretty pointless.

Also, my second Bad Moon run. Booyah:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Sputnik posted:

Didn't take long for Voivod to swing in and be a smarmy rear end in a top hat. I guess that guy really does lurk Contests, stroking his microcock.
Man, what a cocksucker.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

whoredog posted:

It will not always be worth this much as it's not super rare. Those crazy +ML people eat them up though.
I agree. Running a lot of +level requires a bunch of ascensions, you're better off selling it now and capitalizing on is current rarity.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Shiro Sirius posted:

And lets not forget that without Ambidextrous Funkslinging you're basically throwing away an item that sells for 57k in the mall. Personally, I just do the flier quest while doing other quests such as the junkyard, it goes by fast enough.
If you have entangling noodles (or any other multi-turn stun) you can flyer, then mirror.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
War Frat Boy outfit gives 3 shots of tomato schnapps.
War Hippy outfit gives you a "Steal This Candy".
Bounty Hunter rig gives you a Chocolate Filthy Lucre.

Edit: Steal this Candy effect is Revolution in your Mouth (-10% Moxie)
Chocolate Filthy Lucre effect is Gelded (lol) (+5 Monster level)

Edit 2: Man did they gently caress up their forums.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 9, 2007

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
You know you're gonna need a ! potion for the gate, and you pretty much need the zappy wand, so I usually test out the potions the day I get them. Go ahead and get drunk first, then test them.

Also, sorry I haven't been around in a while, I was busy/moving/burned out.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Sputnik posted:

I think the tower familiars, a BFV if they don't have one, 10 hell ramen (or maybe 5?), dead man's watch, and a heavy metal appropriate weapon. Pull what you need from stash resources, if you're up to taking up Davethulhu's forgotten post.
Good luck to you, it's a surprising amount of work putting together the packages.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Theodorus posted:

Honestly, if somebody offered me even just a hundred dollars for that meat, which is just half its Mr. Accessory price, I'd accept it without a second thought, and go on my merry way striving for my original goal. I just have no use for all this meat.

Buy the following:
Tome of Snowcone Summoning - 42M
Libram of Candy Heart Summoning - 6M
Plastic Pumpkin Bucket - 4.5M
Unemployed Hunchback Minion (2x Mr. A) - 8.5M

That's over 60M right there, I'm sure some other folks can give you advice on what else to buy.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Sputnik posted:

It's been about ten pages since I posted one of these, so I thought I should go find another:

gently caress you sputnik

edit: haven't played in almost 2 years, am I right (from glancing at the wiki) that there's guild raids now?

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 20, 2008

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Hey everyone, I'm back.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I processed all the pending applications (im helping).

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
All applicants have been added.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
whoever applied as "A Rat" needs to post in this thread

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Scorps posted:

Applied as 'Stickface'

check your application, i don't see you

also, everyone should feel free to go in chat and /listen clan, or even better get on irc.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
All applications processed.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Cicadalek posted:

I've not done oxy myself but I think path restrictions are lifted on breaking the crystal?

the only exception is after a bad moon run, you still do not have access to other skills or familiars.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
If you can't one-shot or stun the hobos, they're going to give you trouble.

As far as early farming/meat acquisition, i recommend that players learn about semi rares. The irradiated pet snacks are selling for 35k, and the lunchbox and cyclops eyedrops both sell for 23k. Farming just these and nothing else will bring you almost 1 million per month.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Thanks to J5A for finding this in one of the earlier archived threads

:cool:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
trading a purse rat for a slimeling seems very fair to me. plus it makes it easier for sput to do the slimeling run.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Whoever applied as keondin, please reapply.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Notgothic posted:

Huh. If you were to ask me to list off references that I didn't think you'd be likely to find in this game, "Marine Corps bases" would be pretty damned high on that list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHRcKD8T17g

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Azeral posted:

So, how do I abuse the coming Halloween to get tons of sweet meat and/or items?

Without glorious hobo gear, it's looking like a toss-up between farming for scaling encounters to get one-shot items for food/drinks or spending the next couple of days getting a duct tape outfit and hoarding Angry Farmer's Wife candy (+5 Moxie and sleaze damage for 10 turns each).

Is it even worth really paying attention to?

It's a tough call this time, because there are several new outfits with unknown trick-or-treat rewards. As far as existing outfits go, the bounty hunter outfit gives chocolate filty lucre, currently selling for 7k each. However, you can probably expect a lot of people getting that. For easy to get outfits, the hippy one can give you herb brownies, which are currently selling for about 1.5k.

The current ongoing event might tie into halloween as well. :iiam:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

tripwood posted:

Anyone know if it's possible to automate the Krakrox quest in Mafia? gently caress doing that poo poo 6 times.

Have fun doing the "kill 5 wumpii" quest too. *takes 1 step, is grabbed by bats and dropped into a pit*

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Orvin posted:

If its farming spice melange, that doesn't work. There are a lot of things the he-boulder can't get to drop with the yellow beam. Tiny cysts and hobopolis items also don't seem to drop with the yellow beam. Also, without an item drop familiar, I can't quite overcome the -200% item drop from the deep parts of the sea to get items to drop there.

So as you can see, I have been trying to find something good to do with it without much success.

Everything that is a "conditional" drop will not drop with the yellow beam. Conditionals include anything with a <1% drop rate, shirts, pickpocket only items, anything in the sea, anything in the hobo town square, anything other than food/drink from slimes.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
All MMO developers eventually grow to hate their customers. It's inevitable.

Edit: The MacGuffin quest is Jick's hatred of people whining about NS13 given form.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Riidi WW posted:

So.... was there content yesterday?

word on the street is that charged magnets don't work anymore. so they're winding down the rock event.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Dick posted:

I just got back into KOL, and I applied for the clan. Hope to see you all soon in game!

What name did you apply under?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
You can start a black mushroom plot at any time. It will sit at the stage right before the mushrooms form until the right day comes around.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Just in case people aren't reading the in-game clan forum, I (through my alt, Xaax) am doing discount slimeling runs. Post in the appropriate thread if you are interested. Do not just send me stuff without posting in the thread and getting an acknowledgment.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

SaviourX posted:

Well poo poo, I'm just finishing the island quest and waiting on my gloomy mushrooms (next week). Is that going to be too late? I don't really have many permed skills either.

Read the in-game clan forum for details. you should be reading this anyway

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

poik007 posted:

if i was in the clan once and then left can i come back :(

yes, just reapply. if you're going to be switching, we can whitelist you.

also, it looks like masamune is never online any more. I forget which goon was running it, but perhaps they can transfer ownership.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Today I took the #1 spot in the clan pool table longest winning streak. I'd like to thank all the little people I stepped on to reach this milestone.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Frisbee posted:

How many times have you done the semirare?

I haven't kept count. Maybe 10 times?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Loving Life Partner posted:

Is there anything more infuriating than the empty meat tank stopgap? I think it took me 5 god damned toolboxes this time.

ascend muscle sign and never worry about meatcar parts again

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Orvin posted:

Is there anything good in the new underwater zone that opened up a week or so ago?

there's an underwater fairy and an underwater leprechaun (grouper fangirl, urchin roe). they're both very inexpensive in the mall. also, if you complete the quest there on the side of the ice skates, you can get a daily 30 turn buff of "fishy"

However, once done, the zone itself is pretty worthless. I just get the fishy and adventure elsewhere.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Orvin posted:

That sucks, but I will still be working towards a level 30 trophy during that time anyways.

Make your interests known and folks will help kit you out in slime hate gear. Then you can fight level 1000 slimes at any time.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm leaving a mother slime up in the slime tube overnight. If anyone would like the caustic slime nodules, feel free to hop in the slime tube and attack mother slime. Post/check the in-game forum thread to see if someone else beat you to it. Note that there's a fee to the stash of 100k for each nodule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

ahorriblesn posted:

I got 20,274 tonight with Market Square, Booze, and Caroling. Can anyone ask grandpa about "Crimbo" and "editorial" ? Chances are nothing but it couldn't hurt to ask him.

this was a good idea, but nothing I tried evoked a response

• Locked thread