Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

good job buddy now lets go have a drink
We got three goons on the Bad Moon leaderboard! :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Davethulhu posted:

Also, my second Bad Moon run. Booyah

Congrats on that run! I went back to HCNP to pick up another couple TT skills and play with the brimstone bunker, but I'm kinda regretting it now. I really want to get back into Bad Moon. However, that bunker is amazing and I'm glad I can play with it in HC.

If anyone is mulling over a Bad Moon run, I suggest you do one. Sure, the no-clover lead in to it sucks, but it's totally worth it once you get in. Me and rabidsquid had a bunch of fun in Bad Moon, and it seems like Davethulhu is too since he's tearing up the leaderboards.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

LSTB posted:

I do have some pirate juice, but I plan on using it to pwn the NS with a moxie secondary class in softcore.

The NS gets rid of your buffs, so that won't really work. Might as well get some use out of it now!

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Orvin posted:

I posted a couple days back that the NS didn't wipe my buffs when I attempted her last as an Accordian Thief. I had 3 song buffs, and one other buff, but they were still there during and after the fight. I don't know if she bugged out that time, or if she got changed to let ATs keep their song buffs.

I really think something got bugged when that happened. I ascended that day and lost my buffs when fighting the NS. If the NS wasn't taking away buffs anymore, I'm sure there'd be some kind of update for it, or at least people would be talking about it on the officials.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Does anyone know if the Dependence Day items effects stay active the day after the actual holiday? I'd think they did, but I just wanted to make sure so I don't completely miss out on the stat boost.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

whoredog posted:

If you had done a moxie class I would say you have a 50/50 chance of finishing it. Seal clubber? :effort: But hey...maybe these posts will put a firey will to finish in yer gut.

Yeah two hundred days from now look back on these posts and get fired up :v:

Seriously though, good luck, you'll be needing it! You might get away with a semi-fast run, who knows. I had three hardcore ascensions before I went oxy and it only took me 21 days... but that was in NS-11 where I could get twinkly wads easily at low levels and I had the thrust smack skills permed (they were actually worth something back then) going into a TT run. Yeah, you're boned.

edit: In other news, I just missed hitting 16 days on my bad moon pastamancer run. This was after thinking I was going to have a 14 or 15 dayer going into level 10 on day 8. I've had drat terrible luck the last week and wasn't thinking ahead as much as I should have been. If you're gonna go bad moon pastamancer, get atleast two massage oil semi-rare adventures and two shrinking powders.

Shabar Shabaz fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 17, 2007

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

tripwood posted:

If your moxie is high enough, just equip a ranged weapon and keep auto-attacking.
Otherwise, equip all the +spell damage you can and just keep casting your weakest sauce spell. If you can get the sauce to spill on you, you're in for an easy win.

The new NS is just a tough battle with a few tricks, she doesn't scale anymore so equip lots of +stats stuff.

Also, the more you lose to her (get beaten up, don't run away or this doesn't work), the less she blocks your attacks and items. If you lose to her about 10 times, she'll only block about 10% of what you throw at her.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Since we're kind of talking about the market, I've been watching the prices on the first trader items and if you have any cosmic lemonade I think now would be the time to sell it. When NS13 hit, they were 100k a pop, but now they're up to 400k. The other two items are fairly low in price (and i'm running the toad horn market so don't undercut me, eh?) but if anyone grabbed a bunch of lemonade from the trader and wanted to sell it they'd be rolling in meat right now. Maybe if you hung onto it you'd get more meat but I dunno how much people are willing to shell out for +10% myst, and the more you wait the more telescopes get finished, which is what I'm assuming people are using this for.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Soth posted:

Doing pretty well on both Bad Moon accounts. I think the Disco Bandit will end out a smidge easier than the AT, because of the guitar I can get easily.

You can get another big rock from the lemon party slot machine if you don't get a guitar in the cove.

Also, new Halloween adventures: the black armaments adventure gives you a random food from the black picnic baskets, the war frat outfit gives three shots of schnapps, the war hippy outfit gives a Steal This Candy, which gives -10% moxie and probably something else, palmist paraphernalia gives honey-dipped locusts and the bounty hunting rig gives you a chocolate filthy lucre which adds 5ML.

Shabar Shabaz fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 9, 2007

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Soth posted:

I'm trying to chain BM runs, so that's a no go.

I'm fairly sure I was eligible for another bad moon run after I got a ton of big rocks from the slot machine, so unless it's a new mechanic for that I'd say you're safe. They just pop out randomly even though you're not using clovers.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Korhal posted:

While this sounds awesome and you're really generous for helping people out, the likelihood of a goon turning retard and running off with it is extremely high.

I'd say there's more of a chance of this happening if you tried to sell the meat to a non-goon, but still kind of a possibility here. I'd say just pick up two bottle rocket crossbows and three jekyllin hide belts and call it good.

I had a similar 'misfortune' with an ultra rare last week. On a whim I picked up some spooky surprise eggs on my mall multi I got a tiny plastic Naughty Sorceress, which I couldn't really do anything with because I didn't want to get either of my accounts locked out. I just sold it and gifted someone with a snowcone tome, then threw the rest in the MMG. It would have been nice to get that on my main, but oh well. I've made as much meat as that item sells for in the last month so it doesn't hurt too bad, plus someone got a neat gift.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

tripwood posted:

That sounds way too cautious

Well, here's the deal. My main has enough meat and 35 hardcore ascensions. I've put a lot of time and effort into this character and would hate to lose it, especially considering I have more meat than a tiny plastic Naughty Sorceress costs. Why take the risk?

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Davethulhu posted:

Buy the following:
Tome of Snowcone Summoning - 42M
Libram of Candy Heart Summoning - 6M
Plastic Pumpkin Bucket - 4.5M
Unemployed Hunchback Minion (2x Mr. A) - 8.5M

That's over 60M right there, I'm sure some other folks can give you advice on what else to buy.

Most of those are really more geared for ascension, which doesnt seem like he's interested in. For purely item farming purposes, I recommend:

Siesta-ing casagnova gnome (or another fairy & leprechaun) - 8.5 mil
Up to 2 Jekyllin hide belts - 18mil a piece, +15-45% item drops
Mr. A Jr. (depending on how many hide belts you get) - 3-4 mil, +25 item drops
2 Bottle-rocket crossbows - 9 mil a piece, +10% item drops, +15% meat
Great Ball of frozen fire - 4.2mil, +15% item drops
Plastic Pumpkin Bucket - 4.5 mil, +13% item drops
Ice Pick - 4 mil, +15% item drops

Those will cost between 64 mil and 82 mil, and get you around +120-180% item drops not counting the % from the familiar.

edit: Or if building up your character with stuff you've accumulated to farm is what really interests you, just buy a ton of Mr. A's when they're cheap and use those to get the IOTM's as they come out until your character gets built up enough to farm how you want.

Shabar Shabaz fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 1, 2007

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

That is a mighty fine ring, but...

tripwood posted:

Muscle Required: 200

You have to be level 15 to use it, so it's not really usable in a normal run. It's totally useful for grinding stats or basementing, but other than that the only time you're really going to use it is if you feel like using it and level up to do so.

edit: Or you just like dicking around all the time and don't ascend.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Endrite posted:

They'll never be super expensive, because they are just like 3 or 4 Spooky Surprise Eggs. Do make sure to get your mits on at least two roboducks on a string, they are still the tops for item drops.

You have to keep in mind that even though they're just 3 or 4 spooky surprise eggs, you don't have to waste your fullness to get the tiny plastics. If anything craftable will be worth anything this crimbo, those will be it.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

shelper posted:

Now i've been hearing all these rumors about sailing and pyramids and spheres and blue lights, and i'm worried Jick might call the whole thing 'done' before i had a chance to adventure there once.

To go along with what Tighran said, the content that is there is there for good but the special one time stuff is gone. Don't feel bad about not getting it though, there were only 43 idols to be found anyways. However, the stuff that's going now seems to be leading into more new content, but it probably wont be released until after crimbo. I say probably because releasing new crimbo and pirate content at the same time would be a decent amount of work, and a lot of people would be upset about having to choose between pirates and crimbo, the latter being less important. There should be time for you to finish your bad moon run and hop into another less restricting path before the new pirate content gets released.

Also, if any of you softcore pansies have been thinking about making the jump to hardcore, now is the time to do it. You have decent food/drink from day 1 through the crimbo content and can probably knock out an ascension or two before it goes away. I started hardcore last year during crimbo and ended up in the top 20's of 0 skill hardcore ascensions, so it definitely works.

Shabar Shabaz fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 16, 2007

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Theodorus posted:

But I like farming Crimbo with a +260% item drop boost :(

Haha, yeah, I do too, but I'm glad I jumped into hardcore last year after I did some farming. This is the first time since then that I've felt the need to jump back into softcore, and it's only for easy level 30 trophies and telescope upgrades.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

The Midniter posted:

I have more fun with Hardcore than I do with softcore. I don't do it for the money or fame or groupies, I do it because I like the feeling of each ascension being that much easier with the new skill from my previous run. v:shobon:v

Exactly. It's a lot more satisfying than pulling what you need to finish quests and just leveling in the gallery to finish as fast as possible. I mean, sure, the overall goal in either case is to finish as fast as possible but in hardcore you have to do more and play more of the game. Sure, you're not going to compete with people who have been playing for a long time and have all of the skills permed, but you're not really going to compete in softcore with people who have all of the skills permed and tons of money to throw around.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Chococat posted:

Actually now I have a question. Would stockpiling rogue stingers help beat the crap out of beer golems? I'm talking Mr. Swoon levels of 1k+ stingers.

Rogue swarmers would probably work, but using those would be a lot more expensive than the new cursed combat items. I just did a L500 basement run as a DB and was one shotting all of the combats funkslinging them. At 2-5k a piece, it's a lot more viable option.

As for stat boosting items, I made it through with only two brimstone items, the bunker and the brooch, but I had a full set of plexiglass equipment as well. To be honest, I'm not sure if those helped as much at the lower levels because I was having to throw on a ton of potions for the stat tests as well. I mean, +50% to a stat is a decent chunk, but when you have to boost it more than 500% it's still kind of a drop in the bucket. The elemental tests were really the toughest part though. I suppose I could have done it cheaply, but I was buying the semi-rare and phial for the resistance I needed, which ended up costing a decent amount of meat.

That being said, if you're level 30 anyway, try the basement out. If you need potions or help, let me know, I'll do what I can to get you through it.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Mr. Skullhead posted:

Yeah, I don't know why the workshop is closed. It ought to be open for fighting elfborgs for at least three or four more days. Once someone with skillz logs in, I'll have 'em take care of that.

Look forward to a couple more days of farming dollhives.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Cicadalek posted:

Actually, it seems Jick planned to close it today but Skully didn't know, and wrote Uncle Crimbo's dialogue as such. He wants it to stay open, too :dramabomb:

Yeah, perhaps I spoke too soon, I read through that thread pretty fast. However, save your turns today because it looks like Skully is getting him to fix it so people can adventure there.

edit: the people complaining no doubt invested some after everything closed up and stand to lose some meat \/\/\/\/\/

Shabar Shabaz fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 26, 2007

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

300 hell ramens added to the clan stash :patriot:

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

posted:

01/29/08 08:47:36 PM - You have been selected as the first prize winner of yesterday's raffle! A raffle prize box containing your iceberglet is waiting in your inventory.

I only read the first sentence and thought it was one of the Baios. I was really excited for 10 seconds :(

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Shiro Sirius posted:

My main concern about perming SHC is the fact that the still is only available for Moxie classes. I've just come out of a series of moxie class runs, and I'm not sure if I'll be doing any more for a while.

You'll still get to summon the 2 additional cocktail items per day though, which makes it extremely useful.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

tripwood posted:

I just hit basement level 200!

I just finished a basement run as a seal clubber and ascended before I hit level 30.

I'm an idiot.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

tripwood posted:

I'm more impressed that you'd attempt it as a SC.
Less potions, less elemental resistance. How the hell did you do it?

It wasn't too bad. The extra HP helped with elemental tests and I got by fine on just the regular +100% and +200% potions until about the 425th floor. After that I used some mafia arias and jugs of hamethyst/porquoise/baconstone juice and I was pretty much good to go. It wasn't nearly as bad as the two moxie class basement runs I did!

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

tripwood posted:

Basementing should begin at the end of a run, around level 13. But the higher it is, the easier it is. You have to pack on every buff and best stat equipment you can get. Try to get to level 100 first and see how it goes.

If you're interested in the level 30 trophies as well, I'd start the basement run at level 28. You'll get almost enough stats from the basement to push you to level 30. I've never started a basement run before that actually, and I would imagine starting your dive at level 13 would be fairly hard and costly. At 28 you can get through the first 200-300 levels with hardly any effort and potion use. Starting at 28 also gets around needing a lot of the brimstone/plexiglass eq if you havent earned them yet, and again, will get you more stats if you're going for the level 30 trophies.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

I just finished a pastamancer basement run and it looks like the elemental resistance change really helps. I cruised through the basement without using a phial once, and only taking 3892 total damage from an elemental test on floor 499. The equiment I used for elemental tests is fairly easy to come across as well, minus the plexiglass pinky ring. Here's what I had as far as resistance eq:

Orange peel hat
bat-rear end leather jacket
battered hubcap
dungeoneer's dungarees
ice-cold beerring
earring of fire
plexiglass pinky ring

I have northern exposure and diminished gag reflex permed too, but those don't add too much.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

MRI chalk posted:

For those who have bothered getting to level thirty - how much of a pain in the rear end is it? I'm working on getting the "heavy load" trophy for familiars (just above 100 lbs right now) and had considered doing some of it 'passively' by adventuring to get to level 30. Seems like it could get boring and difficult, though.

You're gonna be in for a hell of a haul. When going for level 30 I usually just use the sign gym mixed with a ton of clovers on stat days, but I'm impatient and want to get through it as fast as possible. With the heavy load trophy you're gonna have to slog through combats, but I'm sure with enough ML/strategy you'll be able to get your stat gains up pretty high.

I'd suggest getting the extinctionist trophy during that run as well since it's a bunch of combats.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Added 50 of each Superhuman Cocktailcrafting drink as well as some random drink/food items I had sitting around.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

IMJack posted:

I think part of it is the limit of gameplay per day. You can't get enough edventures to spend all night one night grinding until you can say "I'm there! I'm done!"

Same goes with building skill sets. It takes a decent amount of time to get the skills you want, and you can see your progress as you get more of them.

That being said, I'm in the middle of my first serious speed run since NS13 got rolled in right now and I can't be more excited. I'm more than halfway through level 10 with most of my quests done with my zapper and a key already at the end of day 3. I probably wont hit a leaderboard, but I'm just happy to be kinda close.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Here's an entry for rabidsquid. He's having some internet troubles and asked me to post it. His nightmare is "Being trapped in an endless white room with no escape, being stalked by Jesus Christ, the pirate, and his cigar smoking parrot."

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

SuperomegaBill posted:

I'd definitely dump it for $145.

I could do that if no one has gotten to it yet. Info is in my profile.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

SuperomegaBill posted:

I'm going to see how quickly everything gets parted out. I also need to give Capntastic time to respond to the deal since he was the very first to contact me about everything.

If things get sold out of all of it I'd probably still be interested in whats left. Just let me know.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

ultra rare formula discovered:

code:
if (name = sputnik)
{
UltraRare
}
else
{
HahahahaNoFuckingWayYoureGettingOne
}

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Kahrytes posted:

recently, the Astronaut Ice Cream

On May 15, 2006, The LAAAAME Observatory opened on the Right Side of the Tracks.

This is not really a new thing. However, they made some of the new auction house stuff accessible to everyone, instead of leaving the people who won it to hoard what they got. This is really a step in the right direction to get rid of what you're complaining about.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Ravana posted:

The only players that have it are people who were sufficient jackasses to cheat, so they're not the players you'd really want in a game anyway, and the only thing it does is to piss off players who were honest or joined after black sunday.

It's easy to say this if you don't have bugmeat but can you honestly say that if there was a huge bug that got you infinite meat, was really easy to do, and everyone in the game was doing it that you wouldn't do it too?

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

Shiro Sirius posted:

Any tips for taking down your shadow on a black cat run?

Getting the cat to sit still for four turns seems drat near impossible.

Boost your muscle/hps as high as possible and use a scented massage oil, then a rpp or battlefield healing items. You should only need one after the massage oil.

\/\/ That only works if he's a db though!

Shabar Shabaz fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 29, 2008

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

DemonMage posted:

So... basically a Pygmy Bugbear Shaman v2?

I don't think it's that clear cut. People are posting on the forums that the fruits it drops give -stats when used, but no one knows that the fruits do. But there's no way that this familiar will be less than awesome, so I'd just sit back and see just how awesome it's gonna be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

My bad, I was just going by a post in the forums that had this in it

code:
Candy tosses a sugar plum into your mouth. 
The flavor makes you smile, but the sweetness is nearly overpowering. 
You choke it down anyway.
You lose 11 Muscularity Points.
which is probably what happens if you eat the fruit without mp?

• Locked thread