Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Something's still wrong with this code
There's a Killer Bee meat farming trick? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Who can tell me what's going on with this new pirate content? I ascended Bad Moon right when it rolled out, and i'm really not very good at this game, so things are going slow.

Now i've been hearing all these rumors about sailing and pyramids and spheres and blue lights, and i'm worried Jick might call the whole thing 'done' before i had a chance to adventure there once.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

quote:

Would they really make a completely useless item non-discardable though?
I forget, is the fake fake vomit discardable? I tried checking it just now but it's been so long, i forgot *how* to discard items!

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Are you leaving us Daya? :(

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Shiro Sirius posted:

Cannoli Cannon

Type: Combat
MP Cost: 7

This spell allows you to summon and then fire a cannon made of cannoli and stuffed with all manner of deadly substances.
I was surprised we had two Cannoli related spells now. Cannon and Cocoon. Then i took a closer look and learned that cocoon was actually Canneloni. One's a pastry desert, the other a stuffed pasta dish. The things i learn from this game...

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

I was about to complain turtle tamers aren't supposed to use ranged weapons but then i noticed it's actually firing little turtles. RIP turtleslinger.

That said, these drawings are pretty impressive.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

quote:

What's your default sign for hardcore? I've just been picking Packrat forever because I know it slightly boosts item drops, and hey, that's awesome. Though I guess there are maybe better ones now that NS13 is out?
I like the clover dropping one because hey, you can never have enough clovers.

*edit* Quoted for second page.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

poik007 posted:

I suppose the awesomness of it is lost on me because I have way too many IoTM familiars and they just sit there because you can only use one at the time and there are only so many different situations for me to use 'em ;)

That's why we have Doppleshifters, my good man.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Well, they stack to a maximum of 20 turns.

I love hokey love songs, so i bought one. I'm not sure how much use it will see next to the divine items and candy hearts, but it should at least help in taking down lord sppokyraven, a fight i dread every ascension.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

drat, isn't my face red. Thanks for the correction, buddy.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Quick question re: familiar mechanics. This may be better asked in the official forums, but i forgot my password there, so here goes.

I've got a doppelshifter i love and use every run. The only thing i don't like about it (beside it not turning into a sandworm, come on Jick, update already), is how when it turns into a spirit hobo or green ghost, i don't get the starfish effect, since i can't feed them mid-combat.
I heard if you feed the ghost or hobo in your terrarium, the doppelshifter will use their 'charges' so to speak, and you'll get the added functionality.

Trouble is, i don't have a ghost or a hobo. What i do have, however, is a chameleon. You can see my question coming up:

If i turn my chameleon into a hobo/ghost, feed them booze and food, will my doppelshifter then be able to function as a fully fed hoboghost?

Extra credit question: Will the charges retain across ascensions? Can i just absolutely stuff my chameleon and enjoy the merits for three ascensions?

This also applies to slimeling, but since i do have one of those, this is less of an issue.

shelper fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 9, 2009

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Well, I'm in hardcore now so i can't just yet,
I do have time to kill between freeing the king and hitting lvl 15 for my permed skill though, I'll give it a try!

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Rinn posted:

Tell you what, after I ascend in a few days I'll see if I can automate the Krakox quest, I need to do it 4 more times anyway.

Am i completely dense or can i just not find the Krakrox quest at all? Somebody spell it out for me please.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Aaah, okay. Well, hopefully now since Jick added sandworm to the doppelshifter list, I'll be able to visit that place soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Am i the only one who didn't get the Stumped adventure just now?
I could have sworn i planted a hundred trees last time, but even if i didn't, i should've gotten the adventure, right?

• Locked thread