Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~
if you can't spell 'beatnik' correctly, there's a good chance you should hold off on the book of poetry for a while

also, his 'write-up' reminds me of the lovely bios local bands would always send me when i used to book at a dive bar:

"CRUCIFICATION is the best metal band ever in the history of the planet! This is the band your mom and dad warned you about! Get ready to have you're head exploded with metal fury because these guys are so amazing!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

BSG posted:

When Kurt Vonneguts and Johnny Cashes are all gone,
Who will care about our children, father?
Will it be your Bonos and MTVs or Sheryl Crows? No.

that is funny

i hate bono, and i love cash, but one of those two guys is a humanitarian activist and the other was a drunken pillhead

take your pick who will 'care for our children', i suppose

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Smookyfufu posted:

They tell you to add on pity points for the younger and more "challenged" poets to encourage them but make sure the good ones actually go on to represent the group in the Slam Poet nationals, so i'm pretty sure thats why he mysteriously lost on the last round in that contest.

yeah, this

ive never judged any poetry poo poo but my illustrious status as 'failed local musician' has entitled me to sit through judging a few stupid 'guitarmageddon' type of contests in exchange for discount coupons and poo poo

i've been explicitly told every time to give the young kids and other obviously disadvantaged contestants 'sympathy votes' until the last round of judging

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

The Finn posted:

Mos Def

i was thinking saul williams but you're so right it hurts

BEAT
the universe retracts upon itself leaving only me
i am so miniscule yet so giant
my power radiates to all corners of the
BEAT
a pause
a moment
a small man onstage bearing his soul
i will not be ignored, my stature explodes with truth and
BEAT
from the back of the room to my tiny misshapen hand
i can feel your hearts beating
mine is smaller

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

quote:

Pull up to ya spot online
Shine brighter than all o' them cats they got on grow
Layin' the katana like they not gon' know
Cuz if I gotta make a move sir they not gonna know
This door marked private but I got C4
It's BSG what you call real fo' sho'
Is they what you call Nazi's, hell no
They get a lil' cover then hit the floor
They all render fast and they all die slow
I'm most definitely sittin pretty low
Flood ya city with the e-book flow
And my fingers ain't scared to let things go
So, stop with the counters, like I'm normal
I'm just playin' dawg- I got crates dawg
I don't play games so I don't playa hate y'all
Get it straight or get the gently caress up out the area 4 feet above my face dawg
I'm like the second post that made the GBS thread go off
That poo poo that let you know it's really not a game dawg
Your grind and my grind ain't the same dawg
I'm the theurigst, you the same norm
So cool and ol' school like Kafka
The one ya lil mami writing up reviews on LJ for
The name that real pants shitters got they hands raised for
Me and Dinklage got ya block yellow taped off

gwon now!

i got wheels motherfucker so i roll the bones
a straight GBS hard-rear end -- hold the phones
buy a book of my exploits for forty bones
gently caress a bitch, hit a bitch, take shorty home
you all up on my posts like you on my dick
this midget flash the toast without apology poo poo
run in the club with a vern troyer mask
and tell the haters to come and kiss my royal rear end

it's like that, bgs out suckas -- from the double-ought seven till infinity, this is how we do in the gbs

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~
honestly, the worst thing about slam poets is that they all think they're de facto mc's, no matter how little rhythm or stage presence they possess

the upswing of that is that i'm sure the internet is positively filled with this guy's angry rap lyrics

somebody get on that stat

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

The Finn posted:

I wish KRS One would jump on stage at every Poetry Slam and throw them off the stage like he did with that fat human being from PM Dawn

when i was in college i had a friend who was an insanely good freestyle mc who would go to poetry slams and 'battle' people who were just there to read their lovely poems about their childhoods and stuff

it was pretty awesome

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

tony danzas ho posted:

I am coming closer to finding dwarf-hip hop lyrics for you, Agitate! One step at a time here.

edit: I am not 100 percent sure this is actually him, however

anybody who thinks that much about sage francis has DEFINITELY written a couple of horrible verses in his day

what i'm REALLY hoping for, though, is "The Dwarf Knight Mixtapes: Volume One -- Street Lyfe"

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Boniface posted:

THE DRIVE THRU PRANK

boy, that took a whole long time to go absolutely nowhere

better stick it on youtube

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~
holy poo poo, i just looked at that and all i could see was "JediKirby -- GoY's Pessimistic Soy Boy Toy"

is that really him?

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Azars posted:

That was the exact story where it became crystal clear that he was making them up entirely or greatly, greatly exaggerating. It reads like a scene from a particularly schlocky movie, complete with truth-telling little boy and incredulous strangers who are won over by his honestly and childhood wisdom. "Too drat much, son. *sniff* (raspy voice) Too drat much."

Edit: I forgot about his dramatic showdown at the dwarf convention with the evil dwarf association. Every story reads like "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington," but with a dwarf Jimmy Stewart.

wait, i didn't read this the first time -- what's the context here? his parents took him to a skinhead rally and he ended up cracking their 'tuff guy' veneer with his unexpected honesty and eloquence?

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

SabinaNin posted:

From the mouths of babes, my friend. From the mouths of babes. Honest and cheerful in the face of adversity to make a grown (niggerjewhating) man to cry.

if that's the case, i'm sort of in awe of the fact that he apparently considers being warmly welcomed into the fold by proponents of 'skinhead culture' to be a tearful happy ending

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Crumbunist posted:

Have we seen him reading poetry yet?

you must have not gotten the memo, bitch

the government no longer requires you to inform us when you're having your period

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~
what on earth possesses somebody to record themselves singing acapella versions of rock songs like that and then put them on the internet?

there are at least four different chances during that process to stop and say 'bad idea' and an eternity afterwards to erase that horrible mistake

yet it's still floating around out there, i'm amazed

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

anubis32 posted:

I think it really went like this- he lunged out of his chair in a pathetic attempt to hurt him, fell flat on his face, so the bullies laughed. He feebly grabbed one of the bullies legs and got stomped in the face. He then went home bleeding and crying, fabricating a story about how he beat up the bullies so that he could be a hero on the internet.

i think we could do without posts like this

we're trying to make fun of this douchebag for being an attention whore and 'haw haw he's a dwarf and probably got his rear end kicked' expressed in the most severe terms of 'internet rage' is unrelated tuff guy bullshit

not funny and you're not helping the cause here

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

tony danzas ho posted:

pssst... look above your post

oh poo poo!

dude, now that you're here -- do you rap? i have to know, it's killing me softly

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~
a much better drive-thru prank would be to make a little happy meal costume for yourself and have your buddy drive up and be like "there's something wrong with my happy meal" and pick the 'box' up off the seat but then you pop your arms and legs out trojan-horse style and jump through the window and start totally raising hell

man, let me write for you, we'll show em how exploitation comedy really gets done

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Deek posted:

boniface showing his age itt

deek showing his true feelings itt

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Boniface posted:

brandon st germaine

i think you need to really brand yourself a little better

i think more like twentieth century fox but instead of spotlights swinging around on the big "BSG" logo, it would be like legions of adoring spectral fans who all moan the word "BRRRRRAAAANDON" to the tune of the familiar theme

then some dude would come along and swing at the logo with a piece of rebar but it would break the rebar instead, and the dude's arm, and then some large-breasted yet intelligent women will come out and simulate masturbation by rubbing their crotches all up and down on the logo

after that, some kid rock will start blaring and then it's on

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Sumo D posted:

Bullshit I misread. You said, and I quote "I finally got a hold of his leg and tossed him at the wall. He bounced off like a jell-o-mold dickhead and collapsed on the floor."

well i, for one, am a huge fan of jell-o-mold dickheads and their elastic qualities

sometimes me and my buds grab the ol' jell-o-mold dickhead and head down to the park for some pick up ball games

man those fuckers bounce like nobody's business

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~
this page needs more slam poetry

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Weezy F Baby posted:

I roll up at the club VIP
battery on E, but all drinks on me

Fresh vans, fresh anime tee