Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007

Absolut Mike posted:

Adam's rants really make the show for me. On this topic, try listening to the 04-08-01 show.

Adam uses pretty simple questions in response the "Right to Lifer" guest that's on the show. He makes it clearly obvious that the woman, and her organization, are full of poo poo, especially their "data." It actually kind of pisses me off that Dr. Drew says almost nothing during their debates and kinda leaves it up to Adam. Adam obviously has no problem holding his own, but the guest doesn't really take him seriously. Dr. Drew, as a medical professional, holds so much more clout that I think she would have been forced to retract some of her statements, at least for the purposes of the show.

Drew is like that with so much in his life; you start to learn this as you listen for a number of years. Sometimes he seems a lot more concerned with how people perceive him than with actually standing up to them.

Also, on topic of Adam's rants, I find the rants about life in Southern California funny, but seeing as how I've never been to L.A. or Orange County, I don't think I can truly appreciate them. But I guess Southern California goons can support those statements (All cities in L.A. with nice names are actually dumps, Bakersfield is a MASSIVE dump, North Hollywood sucks, the police there write the most chicken poo poo tickets i.e. Burbank should change its name to RAPEBANK, never have the traffic signs on the highways EVER given any useful information, the L.A. Unified School District is a disaster, etc)

All that you speak is true. The one thing you didn't mention is the left turn red arrows. He constantly ranted about them on the show, and being a LA native myself, I of course took his advice to heart. Look around, are there any cops? No? Blow through that arrow. If I can make a turn using my judgment of incoming traffic, who's to say I need that red arrow to babysit me?

Drives home at 2am getting on and off the 405 were made alot quicker that way.

It's a good thing Adam ranted about them so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

HerpesWrath posted:

poo poo, I can't believe they broke up the team.
I used to listen in Chicago and then moved out to AZ where the show was spurned for the most part.

The show has been syndicated for as long as I can remember (10+ years) on 97.9 KUPD in the Phoenix area.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Anybody have the episode from 5-9-2004 with Andy Richter? I'm listening to the episode from 5-3 with Jack Osbourne and he was supposed to be on that episode too but forgot. Anyway he calls in and they reschedule him, but after he hangs up Adam goes into his hilarious sarcastic rant about how Andy is addicted to drugs and out of control and that's why he forgot to come on the show. I'd love to hear them bust his balls on air but the archives went to 1 year at a time and they only have 2001 up right now :(

HerpesWrath
Apr 1, 2005

ProjektorBoy posted:

The show has been syndicated for as long as I can remember (10+ years) on 97.9 KUPD in the Phoenix area.

I got stuck living in the boonies near Kingman and the only thing from LA out this way is the Mark and Brian Morning Show.

I didn't know about Phoenix but a buddy of mine at UofA told me they had it in Tucson.

GlobalMegaCorp
Jan 8, 2004

Absolut Mike posted:

Also, on topic of Adam's rants, I find the rants about life in Southern California funny, but seeing as how I've never been to L.A. or Orange County, I don't think I can truly appreciate them. But I guess Southern California goons can support those statements (All cities in L.A. with nice names are actually dumps, Bakersfield is a MASSIVE dump, North Hollywood sucks, the police there write the most chicken poo poo tickets i.e. Burbank should change its name to RAPEBANK, never have the traffic signs on the highways EVER given any useful information, the L.A. Unified School District is a disaster, etc)
All of his SoCal rants are spot-loving-on. Especially his rants about Burbank and NoHo.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Rushmore posted:

Actually the line he uses is referencing a paper where it said for most people, 20 doses would do serious brain damage, but for some it could be as little as 2. I think it was LSD

It was definitely ex. He warns about trip flashbacks a little but he mentions ex making holes in your brain or something whenever it's brought up.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Liquid Penguins posted:

Yes, I know the show sucks now and Stryker is terrible but is it not coming on tonight or something? KROQ isn't running the show and it should have started 15 minutes ago.

Monday is a holiday.

Iroqouiz
Dec 13, 2004

Do you have any problems about picking up shit?
So the torrent in the OP is like 40 GB. I don't have enough space. So do you guys think I should just download it one season at a time, or is there a particular one I should start with that's funnier?

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Mr. Raccoon posted:

I was listening to the Violent J episode again last night and most of the time he's kind of annoying. But when he hits the right note it is keel-over-and-clutch-your-chest hilarious.

"You can stroke the balls, lick the balls, carress the balls, suck the balls. JUST DON'T PUNCH THE BALLS."
After hearing all the sound clips they STILL play from just that one show, I had to look it up and see what the deal was. I found it to be pretty consistently hilarious, ICP may be retarded as hell, but Violent J was fairly well spoken, absolutely crazy, and definitely had a lot of energy. The part where he yells at the girl until she starts crying and they shut off his mike was horribly funny.

You can get it here, if you can bear the thought of having an Insane Clown Posse website in your browser history: http://www.juggalonews.com/main/Radio/index.php (it's kinda poor quality though).

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Jubs posted:

Monday is a holiday.

Tonight's (Monday's) show just started, you would think they would take tonight off, but whatever.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Liquid Penguins posted:

Tonight's (Monday's) show just started, you would think they would take tonight off, but whatever.

I am listening to 2001-01-09 and Dr. Bruce's smug passive-aggressive, contrarian behavior is really getting to me. He disagrees with Adam on something he is clearly right on and then gets defensive when asked why because he really has no reason. I usually don't mind Bruce but he is really goddamn annoying here.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Diddie posted:

It was definitely ex. He warns about trip flashbacks a little but he mentions ex making holes in your brain or something whenever it's brought up.
While I don't know which show specifically you're referring to, this is absolutely incorrect. Every time people talk about the dangers of ecstasy Drew does bring up the "holes in the brain" thing, but then he shoots it down and explains that it's a myth. I must have heard him do that 3-4 times, I've never heard him promulgate that rumor.

pete0r
Oct 6, 2003
me
Can someone recommend good shows that are available to download online? With the archive being limited to a year, none of the suggestions in this thread are readily available.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Links on the first page.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Grifter posted:

While I don't know which show specifically you're referring to, this is absolutely incorrect. Every time people talk about the dangers of ecstasy Drew does bring up the "holes in the brain" thing, but then he shoots it down and explains that it's a myth. I must have heard him do that 3-4 times, I've never heard him promulgate that rumor.

I heard him talk about a report about a direct link between ecstasy use and abscesses in the brain. It was on the random feed so I don't know the date, but he spoke about as if he believed it.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I'm glad I downloaded a large amount of episodes because this one year at a time crap sucks.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

MaxxBot posted:

Well as I said the last time I listened to this was around 2 years ago, but I think I can remember one little bit that stuck out especially. Dr. Drew said something like "well have you used x drug more than 2 times? If you have you most likely have serious brain damage."

...And he was probably referring to a drug that was strong enough to cause those long term effects. Drew will always admit when he is wrong and the previous correction was right. He was talking of long term effects.

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007
Oh god, I just remembered Pedif-isle. The place where he would send all the pedophiles.

And the motherfucking ATTACK CROWS.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!
2002-07-14 episode is excellent. Adam visited a prison over the weekend and keeps riffing about that.

Eugene Jerome
Jun 24, 2005

by angerbeet
Does anyone have the clip where Drew and Adam put a caller on hold, and then had a conversation that went something like:

Drew: Any bets on what her problem is?
Adam: After doing this for so many years, I'll put my money on "molested by her Uncle as a child"
Drew: Ok. Caller - are you still there?
Caller: Yeah.
Drew: Were you ever touched inappropriately as a child?
Caller: Yes, I was molested by my Uncle.
Adam: I WIN!

I thought that was the funniest thing ever.

Maber
Nov 22, 2004

by Lowtax

caffeinefree posted:

As much as I love Carolla, his morning show stinks. Teresa usually adds nothing to the conversation other than "Yeah" or "I agree" and Bonaduce is the most annoying man I've heard in radio. He snorts loudly and very frequently, and ALWAYS has to bring any conversation to his drug use, ex-wife, some whores he had sex with, or some dude he was about to fight.
Those are all true to some degree but I think you're grossly exaggerating. I personally find Teresa a really good part of the show, especially if you're familiar with other female radio co-hosts who really are totally useless, her personal life is excellent fodder for segments too. Bonaduce plays himself like a character way too much I agree but when he manages to tone it down and play it straight he really strengthens the show a lot, definitely more than the guy who preceded him. Of course Adam is always perfect and since he's the center of the show, everything goes off smoothly most of the time, of course this isn't an objective view on the show since I'll pretty much swallow anything with Carolla written on it.

Suffice to say, I listen to the show every day via the podcast

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007
Adam explaing Germany or Florida to a guest:

..You know, headlines such as "Man chops up his 4 year old for chum to catch hammerhead sharks" or "Man teaches German Shepherd to hail Hitler"

I laughed pretty hard.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Maber posted:

Suffice to say, I listen to the show every day via the podcast

Me too, though I'm still working through archives (just started on March). I wish Bonaduce would reel it in and shut the gently caress up occasionally; the show was definitely better with Dave, but Adam's always good and that's enough for me.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
11/14/01 - Tori Amos

I don't listen to Tori's music, but what a show. She is apparently some sort of faerie goddess, and I say that in a good way. I've never heard a guest affect Adam like that. She's like the neighborhood mom that all the kids love for being so cool and nice. This one's a must listen.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
1/10/01

This episode was pretty good. Adam seems really pissed off and tells a few callers that he is going to kill their fathers/brothers.

Sevron
Jul 4, 2007

Nobody of consequence
Anybody have seeds of either torrent? I leave them both running all day, so if you do a good deed and seed them, I can pay it forward =]

The Codfather
Jan 2, 2007

by Ozma
I was 17. I would lie awake at 10pm in my bed with the lights off, and listen until I laughed myself to sleep every night. The weekends dragged on forever, and when the syndication got canceled, I had a hard time getting back into a normal rhythm. My dreams seemed empty. When the summer came, I got a 5 day a week, 18 hour day unlike my loser friends. At night I would drive back from the seacoast, in a long hour drive, sometimes stretched out to 3 hours by traffic. And listen to loveline. Laughing was the only thing that kept me awake. How I miss it.

Mr. Raccoon
Jul 27, 2007
DROPPIN' TROU!

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Mr. Raccoon posted:

DROPPIN' TROU!

Don't do it!

Aetilus
May 8, 2005

by Lowtax
she got that fruit on the bottom uh uh fruit on the bottom...skeet skeet skeet
-DAG

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

TylerDurden posted:

Don't do it!
He'll do it! That man is crazy! He will drop trou!

Tori Amos is a great guest because Adam only half-heartedly tries to take her seriously. That's most of the reason I like the Gary Busey shows and the episodes with the psychics or vampires.

I've lost the mp3, but the show with Gorillaz on 3/6/02 was pretty funny too, even though the band were asses. They made fun of those guys for years afterward. The Aquabats too, although I never got to hear the show they did.

Euphoria
Jan 19, 2006
Now why do the victims of child molestation have the voice of someone much younger. As if there voice box froze when the event happened? I can't find info on this and find this interesting.

Mr. Raccoon
Jul 27, 2007

TylerDurden posted:

Don't do it!

Look muthafucka, I'm tellin' you. Don't be a playa hater, cause when you tap her in the rear end, you ain't gonna be interested in pistol rubbin' no more, and the digit is dizzle, and in the hizzy for chizzy, gonna be great on the QT, for real.

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
f

The Extrapolator fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 30, 2016

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

The Extrapolator posted:

Im only seeing season 2001 being available? Whats up?

To save bandwidth he's only putting up one year at a time. I think he will change the year monthly.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
no guest = extra awesome.

except d.a.g.

chrisnorton
Jul 27, 2004

Aetilus posted:

she got that fruit on the bottom uh uh fruit on the bottom...skeet skeet skeet
-DAG

Fruit in the middle!

drat DAG is entertaining as hell on this show.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Hostile negotiations since 1978

double gulp posted:

no guest = extra awesome.

except d.a.g.

Totally depends on the guest.

And what's really a bummer is when you go to an episode with a guest that you have just discovered or really find to be an interesting performer and whatnot, you listen to their loveline show and they're a dead loving fish.

Other times, they are totally jazzed about being there and get along with Adam/Drew and really add to the show.

The nice thing about Drew and Adam being alone though is that it's ALWAYS quality. There aren't any bad shows with just the two of them.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Euphoria posted:

Now why do the victims of child molestation have the voice of someone much younger. As if there voice box froze when the event happened? I can't find info on this and find this interesting.

They never actually got into the why of it other than "severe trauma freezes the language development of young survivors, especially women". It doesn't have to be molestation, it could be anything that's especially traumatic, like witnessing the death of a loved one or physically assaulted by a stranger at a young age. The callers on Loveline tend to have related sexual questions to the trauma, which is why they often guess molestation (that, and they have a screen in front of them from the phone screener).

It's related to the brain, not the voice box. They not only have the higher tone of a young person, they slur their words and have a young inflection as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.

UltraRed posted:

The callers on Loveline tend to have related sexual questions to the trauma, which is why they often guess molestation (that, and they have a screen in front of them from the phone screener).

Hey, not that it isn't possible they're just lying, but Adam and Drew have said several times the phone screener doesn't get the answers for them in advance and then they just pretend that they guessed right.

• Locked thread