Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Kaso posted:

The one thing thats slightly frustrating me about this thread is all the dates, as a british person im getting rather confused by the multitude of date formats being thrown around

What date does "04-08-01" represent? 4th August 2001? 8th of April 2001? 1st of August 2004? 8th of January 2004?

I dont want to start a poo poo-storm over the british/american date format thing, but can we all decide some standard for ease of use of this thread? perhaps

code:
"<month in words> <day>, <4 digit year>" 
like the archive pages are listed as?

I'm pretty sure everyone has been using the American format. I assume most people who listen to Loveline are Americans, so it makes sense. That is Month/Day/Year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Kaso posted:

The one thing thats slightly frustrating me about this thread is all the dates, as a british person im getting rather confused by the multitude of date formats being thrown around

What date does "04-08-01" represent? 4th August 2001? 8th of April 2001? 1st of August 2004? 8th of January 2004?

I dont want to start a poo poo-storm over the british/american date format thing, but can we all decide some standard for ease of use of this thread? perhaps

code:
"<month in words> <day>, <4 digit year>" 
like the archive pages are listed as?

Well I don't know how other people do it but I list depending on what the recording is named, whether it is 08-04-02 (m-d-y) or 20001204 (ydm) or 2000-03-12 (y-m-d). If I dont have the recording in front of me I'll usually just do it in standard American style or just type out the month. The reason the recordings have different formats is because there is more than one person who did the recordings (talking about the torrent or the HUB) but yes, if it is available in the archive people should just give it that notation.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
You know who I hate? Anderson. I hate his rear end so much. He plays those loops a billion times and their funny like twice out of that billion. Otherwise he's just loving with the caller and annoying Drew with them. He's also a pretentious prick who hangs up on people for no good reason, even if it's getting interesting.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

TheBigBad posted:

You know who I hate? Anderson. I hate his rear end so much. He plays those loops a billion times and their funny like twice out of that billion. Otherwise he's just loving with the caller and annoying Drew with them. He's also a pretentious prick who hangs up on people for no good reason, even if it's getting interesting.

He only hangs up on people if they cuss even after being told not to. Otherwise he lets the hosts do the dumping.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Anderson also probably has less tolerance than the two hosts. I've always found his drops of NEXT CALLER!! and Whooooooooo Cares?! to be pretty accurate assessment of the situation.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

TylerDurden posted:

He only hangs up on people if they cuss even after being told not to. Otherwise he lets the hosts do the dumping.

He does it when they admit to lying to screeners to get past them even if the hosts are interested. Heard him do it a couple weeks ago.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

TheBigBad posted:

He does it when they admit to lying to screeners to get past them even if the hosts are interested. Heard him do it a couple weeks ago.

I have been listening for a long time and this is not what I would call an oft occurrence. I would much rather prefer that Drew would stop whacking the goddamn mic :v:

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

TheBigBad posted:

Anderson's greatest night is undoubtedly the 12-16-2004 episode featuring Papa Roach, where Anderson is drunk and tripping, and they have a technical meltdown. Anderson finds out that his phone can only be heard by the broadcast and not by Adam or Drew and proceeds to freak out on the air. Then he tells Adam how he sells his Christmas present on Ebay every year. This is the same episode with the fudgepacking and Theo's christmas song, too. Probably the best episode ever.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Omnicarus posted:

Anderson's greatest night is undoubtedly the 12-16-2004 episode featuring Papa Roach, where Anderson is drunk and tripping, and they have a technical meltdown. Anderson finds out that his phone can only be heard by the broadcast and not by Adam or Drew and proceeds to freak out on the air. Then he tells Adam how he sells his Christmas present on Ebay every year. This is the same episode with the fudgepacking and Theo's christmas song, too. Probably the best episode ever.

I believe it also has Drew mentioning how he bumped into Rabbi Shmuley in the beginning of the show when him and Adam are talking amongst themselves while still on the air. I don't know why it seemed so surreal and funny to me the first time I heard it, but there you go, another reason.

"HOLY CHRIST NOONE CAN HEAR ME?!"

Bolek fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 14, 2007

Kaso
Apr 17, 2006
How come the abyss doesn't gaze also into me ?

TylerDurden posted:

I would much rather prefer that Drew would stop whacking the goddamn mic :v:

As much as adam bitches about this, i sware if he didnt point it out i'd never notice, though perhaps thats something to do with the lowish quality of the Archive recordings

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Kaso posted:

As much as adam bitches about this, i sware if he didnt point it out i'd never notice, though perhaps thats something to do with the lowish quality of the Archive recordings

At first I didn't hear them because I used to listen to it at a much lower volume, but now I hear that "GONK" every time. Once you listen for it it really is amazing how much noise Drew makes, and that will make you gain a little appreciation on why it annoys Adam so much seeing how he has studio monitors on; so he REALLY hears it.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Gentleman, we have seen the future.

Kaso posted:

Listen to ther beginning of the 12-15-2004 show, a few days before the papa roach show.

Adam: "YOU, like to go over there and spin plates and play a washboard when I am trying to talk to a caller and make a point...YOU like to play the drums with a couple of ballpoint pens while I try to move the show along (well placed anderson rimshot)"

Awesome clip one minute in...

Bumpon10s fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 15, 2007

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Omnicarus posted:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OOACCOJJ

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

TheBigBad posted:

On the contrary, I Love anderson. Every time he speaks the entertainment value goes up loads. Same with engineer Chris. The drops are brilliant too.

Rushmore fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 15, 2007

Jabovl
Jan 18, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Does anyone have the episode where it's Adam alone and he only takes calls about carpentry? I've been looking for that one forever, I believe it's Jan 6, 2002 but it isn't on the archive.
Thanks for making this thread and reminding me about Loveline. That random stream is awesome.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Jabovl posted:

Does anyone have the episode where it's Adam alone and he only takes calls about carpentry? I've been looking for that one forever, I believe it's Jan 6, 2002 but it isn't on the archive.
Thanks for making this thread and reminding me about Loveline. That random stream is awesome.

Some guy said this show existed in the past thread and now that has stuck. There is no such show. He takes some carpentry calls along with normal Loveline calls.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

As soon as I read the post you quoted I was like "oh god please let someone upload this episode, it's not on the archives," and BAM, you did. I love you for it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jabovl posted:

Sorry, do not have!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Hearing Adam pretending to have sex with a Mexican midget (2003-06-26) made me lose it. Alanna Ubach is the midget/guest.

"Turn around! Let me see that stubby rear end!" :v:

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

It's time to play Spot the Looney!
Well, that's it.

Listening to Adam summing up my opinions on anime and people who watch it (2004-01-07, about 45 minutes in) not only made my day but convinced me that he is, in fact, a true friend and protector of the well-being of the human species.

May he live a long and rant-filled life.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Jabovl posted:

I've heard people mention this, but I'm about 20 episodes from listening to everything in the archive and I haven't heard it. Either it happened before those shows, or it never existed, or it was a dream. There were one or two episodes where Drew came in a few minutes late, so maybe that's where it came from.

And P.S.: Anderson added a huge does of humor to the show. He was very quick-fingered and his banjo-music drops and "Liar, liar!" drops are almost always appropriate and give Adam a laugh. His passive-aggression toward Adam is also funny.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Malachi Constant posted:

I've heard people mention this, but I'm about 20 episodes from listening to everything in the archive and I haven't heard it. Either it happened before those shows, or it never existed, or it was a dream. There were one or two episodes where Drew came in a few minutes late, so maybe that's where it came from.

And P.S.: Anderson added a huge does of humor to the show. He was very quick-fingered and his banjo-music drops and "Liar, liar!" drops are almost always appropriate and give Adam a laugh. His passive-aggression toward Adam is also funny.

Check my torrent. Its on alluvion.org. It has the adam only show plus a few other memorable ones.

Ok I finally caved in and bought hosting to throw up some loveline episodes. I'm going to start with the episodes which aren't in the archive.
Here is the adam only episode

http://lovelinecentral.com/Loveline%20-%202002-01-06%20(Only%20Adam).mp3

Rushmore fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 15, 2007

Kaso
Apr 17, 2006
How come the abyss doesn't gaze also into me ?

Absolut Mike posted:

Adam's rants really make the show for me. On this topic, try listening to the April 08, 2001 show.

He just added a bunch of extra stuff on the archive so i just listened to this, and wow, its an interesting show. It was a bit of a shame drew didn't have much clout, and i think if he had the same interview several years later he'd be a bit more assertive about things like BC/Breast Cancer and stuff.

But also, this show is the source of the "No, Not alright!" drop that i've been hearing for ages, and man that was awesome, The whole way through that call, all i could think was "This guy sounds exactly like a SA fakeposter" The rediculously asian sounding accent coupled with the white supremacy theme, plus his dedication to the joke.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Rushmore posted:

Check my torrent. Its on alluvion.org. It has the adam only show plus a few other memorable ones.

Ok I finally caved in and bought hosting to throw up some loveline episodes. I'm going to start with the episodes which aren't in the archive.
Here is the adam only episode

http://lovelinecentral.com/Loveline%20-%202002-01-06%20(Only%20Adam).mp3

All hail Rushmore!

And for those who really want Adam at his ranting finest, check out this episode. He has on two LAPD Officers as guests...so you know he's in a ranting mood:

http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Lo...Graduation).mp3

Absolut Mike
Oct 22, 2004

Primae noctis menage a trois.

Kaso posted:

He just added a bunch of extra stuff on the archive so i just listened to this, and wow, its an interesting show. It was a bit of a shame drew didn't have much clout, and i think if he had the same interview several years later he'd be a bit more assertive about things like BC/Breast Cancer and stuff.

But also, this show is the source of the "No, Not alright!" drop that i've been hearing for ages, and man that was awesome, The whole way through that call, all i could think was "This guy sounds exactly like a SA fakeposter" The rediculously asian sounding accent coupled with the white supremacy theme, plus his dedication to the joke.

Also his claim he was from South America. :pwn:

Eb
May 6, 2003

The Extrapolator posted:

I need to hear the gay morning zoo part with Will Sasso. Its not on the March 11 2004 episode. Anybody know what date it is or if you have it handy?

2005-01-13. Starts at around 01:13 I think.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F5LIE5WG

Good times.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Is listening to random a good way to get into this?

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Ziploc posted:

Is listening to random a good way to get into this?

Well, that's what I did, but I suggest taking a few "No Guest" shows first. If you want a really good guest to get into, I'd suggest David Alan Grier, or as most call him DAG.

Also, most shows suggested in this thread are really good episodes, and will explain a lot of the drops used.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Ok so here is the dealio with the site. I've bought http://lovelinecentral.com with 600GB space and 6000GB bandwidth. When the bandwidth is used up, the site is suspended to the next month. There is an unlimited bandwidth option, which I may switch to if the usage is that bad, but this isn't too pleasing a prospect.

I'm (slowly) uploading episodes (19k/s) Starting with episodes from the 90s, then going year by year.

If anybody wishes to help, give me a mail (stephen_mccune at hotmail.com) and I'll see about setting something up.

I'll hopefully get some sort of front end put up soon (Assignments due)

For now, I have uploaded a few select episodes. I'm going to create a script to allow people to upload a single episode for any recommendations.

For now, just browse the files and right click/download. Please try not to leech too much

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Rushmore posted:

Ok so here is the dealio with the site. I've bought http://lovelinecentral.com with 600GB space and 6000GB bandwidth. When the bandwidth is used up, the site is suspended to the next month. There is an unlimited bandwidth option, which I may switch to if the usage is that bad, but this isn't too pleasing a prospect.

I'm (slowly) uploading episodes (19k/s) Starting with episodes from the 90s, then going year by year.

If anybody wishes to help, give me a mail (stephen_mccune at hotmail.com) and I'll see about setting something up.

For now, I have uploaded a few select episodes. I'm going to create a script to allow people to upload a single episode for any recommendations.

For now, just browse the files and right click/download. Please try not to leech too much

Wow, very cool! I suggest putting up some sort of limit of x episodes per day.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Rushmore posted:

Want me to add the link to the first post? Or would you rather not have your bandwidth eaten up?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Rushmore posted:

So, are you interested in only hosting files that aren't in the torrent? Or can we recommend/upload shows that we think make up a good "cross-section" of the show archives?

SilEighty
May 21, 2006

deliver ham overy the country
Adam Carolla was at my school today (USC business school) and I loving missed it, both his presentation (which I believe was, inexplicably, on accounting) and the chance to say hello. My goddamn entrepreneurial finance class conflicted with his presentation...aaagh!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rushmore posted:

I'd recommend saving them as zip files, if you can.If won't help you with file size, but they will have to be downloaded and can't be streamed. Trusting people to download them never works.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Jubs posted:

Want me to add the link to the first post? Or would you rather not have your bandwidth eaten up?

Sure, work away.

http://www.lovelinecentral.com/mp3/ for mp3's
http://www.lovelinecentral.com/upload.html to upload an ep

jvsclapius posted:

So, are you interested in only hosting files that aren't in the torrent? Or can we recommend/upload shows that we think make up a good "cross-section" of the show archives?

I'm aiming to have them all uploaded, but starting with shows that aren't in the archive. If you have any recommendations, tell me or upload them with that script.

UltraRed posted:

I'd recommend saving them as zip files, if you can.If won't help you with file size, but they will have to be downloaded and can't be streamed. Trusting people to download them never works.

I think i'll leave them as MP3. It'll cost the same bandwidth either way, may as well let people use it how it suits best

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
Ok, I'll upload 2001-10-15 (with Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne) as a test; pretty much all of Anderson's Ozzy drops come from this show, and it wasn't in the big torrent I downloaded way back when.

edit: I don't know if anybody uses the direct connect hub, but that is where I got a lot of episodes from 2001-2002 that weren't in the torrent/archives.

e2: I seem to be getting an "Invalid file" error from the upload form. Are there any requirements vis-a-vis naming the files, or anything like that? It could just be my spotty wireless.

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Oct 16, 2007

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

Legend has it the world was hatched from a dingus egg.
Been downloading these due to this thread, this show is amazing. DAG's ugly make-up counter girl impression on 2005-09-07 (Drugs As Kids' Names) just made me burst out laughing in the computer room in college.

"EXTHUSE ME THIR!"

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

jvsclapius posted:

Ok, I'll upload 2001-10-15 (with Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne) as a test; pretty much all of Anderson's Ozzy drops come from this show, and it wasn't in the big torrent I downloaded way back when.

edit: I don't know if anybody uses the direct connect hub, but that is where I got a lot of episodes from 2001-2002 that weren't in the torrent/archives.

e2: I seem to be getting an "Invalid file" error from the upload form. Are there any requirements vis-a-vis naming the files, or anything like that? It could just be my spotty wireless.

I put on a thing to verify it is mime type audio/mpeg. I'll take that off

Try again now

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rushmore posted:

I put on a thing to verify it is mime type audio/mpeg. I'll take that off

Try again now

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/rushm0re/public_html/upload_file.php on line 25"

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

jvsclapius posted:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/rushm0re/public_html/upload_file.php on line 25"

:(

That'll teach me to modify scripts without testing them. I uploaded a file with the new one, should work. Sorry bout that

• Locked thread