Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
If only someone had warned our youth against random capitalization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oh man. Her getting the first one makes it the funniest goddamn thing.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
On the Loveline Tapes page for that show there's a comment who claims to be that girl saying that it was a prank call. Who really knows though

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
Is there any place that has the podcast 1 shows without the giovanni intros? I downloaded quite a few the other day before checking them out, but the intros make me not want to listen to them.

Has anyone taken the time to clean them up and host them somewhere? I think it's a little silly that I feel the need to do it myself after someone "cleaned them up" and decided to stick adds in them with mixed sound levels and terrible intros.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Also some episodes just cut out halfway through the show which kind of defeats the purpose of Classic Loveline by Podcast One supposedly being a definitive archival copy.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

~Coxy posted:

Also some episodes just cut out halfway through the show which kind of defeats the purpose of Classic Loveline by Podcast One supposedly being a definitive archival copy.

Are these the ones where Gio mentions that it's an incomplete copy? If not you might want to examine your podcast setup - I've listened to almost all of the CL podcasts and haven't experienced this.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

The podfuck none server uses some sort of weird streaming software to put in the commercials and it's poo poo. Sometimes episodes just cut off and it jumps to the next one, sometimes episodes just skip to the beginning and loop.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
God, everything they do is half assed, insincere poo poo

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Surely it wouldnt hurt the bottom line that much to be competent

WDIIA posted:

On the Loveline Tapes page for that show there's a comment who claims to be that girl saying that it was a prank call. Who really knows though

If that's a prank call it's a terrible one. I think the answer is probably 'Oh hay you guys I was kidding I'm totally not that silly I was just joshing the whole time. Of course the poo floaty question is silly. Guys? Guys please stop laughing.'

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5d0CAadByA

WonderDrugEchinacea has posted hours upon hours of clips, has a pretty good ear for interesting-ness.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Hit 2003-03-30, which I believe has the first call from Miriam. As I recall, she calls in every 3-4 shows, and it seems she gets busted in mid June, so only... about 20-30 more calls of her bullshit that I'll have to endure :smithicide:

hiddenmovement posted:

Surely it wouldnt hurt the bottom line that much to be competent

If that's a prank call it's a terrible one. I think the answer is probably 'Oh hay you guys I was kidding I'm totally not that silly I was just joshing the whole time. Of course the poo floaty question is silly. Guys? Guys please stop laughing.'

She claims that she was purposefully being retarded to elicit the Venison/Veal question so should could drop the "and Venison is in Italy" joke

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

WDIIA posted:

Hit 2003-03-30, which I believe has the first call from Miriam. As I recall, she calls in every 3-4 shows, and it seems she gets busted in mid June, so only... about 20-30 more calls of her bullshit that I'll have to endure :smithicide:

She claims that she was purposefully being retarded to elicit the Venison/Veal question so should could drop the "and Venison is in Italy" joke

Ironically, I was also listening to this episode. I love that they play the dictionary game and the first caller to try to play the game doesn't have a dictionary, but says 'My mind is like a dictionary'. And then he can't define the very first word, 'pneumatic'. Just a good example of idiot callers.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I loved Adam back when the callers, the show format, his coworkers, and the studio building itself were seemingly all working against him. That dude was really funny under those conditions. I'll also throw out a plug for one of my favorite stories, where Adam and Drew got stuck in a tragic jam after doing Loveline. I think it was December 14 2004

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

UP AND ADAM posted:

I loved Adam back when the callers, the show format, his coworkers, and the studio building itself were seemingly all working against him. That dude was really funny under those conditions. I'll also throw out a plug for one of my favorite stories, where Adam and Drew got stuck in a tragic jam after doing Loveline. I think it was December 14 2004

Tragic because it was brutal, or was the jam caused by something tragic?

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
It was strawberry preserve, the most tragic of jams.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Did they ever figure out who was the original mason jar bogus guy?

Drew said he had a very distinct voice and he lived here in tuscon at that point

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

stringball posted:

Drew said he had a very distinct voice and he lived here in tuscon at that point

I think they got him on the phone at some point, and offered for him to come down to the studio. Well, Drew offered, Adam seemed to dislike the whole thing. I think his frame of mind was 'We shouldn't invite every teenaged jackoff who calls this show down to the studio.'

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

stringball posted:

I'm pretty sure Drew mentioned that he met him at a book signing.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
He phoned in to confess while Drew was doing the show solo without Adam that night, I wanna say 2001.
The weird thing is that Drew is desperate to know where he came up with the line, and the guy says he heard Adam say it at some live comedy show years before.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Scudworth posted:

He phoned in to confess while Drew was doing the show solo without Adam that night, I wanna say 2001.
The weird thing is that Drew is desperate to know where he came up with the line, and the guy says he heard Adam say it at some live comedy show years before.

I could have sworn he said that Adam had said it a few nights earlier on the show, and he had thought it was really funny, which is why he repeated it, but yours makes more sense. I thought the way it was revealed was that Adam said he thought it was a really stupid joke, until the guy told him he said it a few nights prior to his original call, then Adam labeled it genius.

I know I've certainly never heard Adam say it outside the context of the joke, and I'm pretty sure I've listened to every Adam episode available at least once.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Found it- Original mason jar guy phones in on 2002-08-28 @ 30 minutes in, his name is Thomas, Drew recognizes his voice immediately when he calls to ask a real question :3:

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Your pal and mine, Superfan Giovanni, is on strike!

It seems some scoundrel ripped every HQ show off of Loveline Tapes, edited the junk out of them (including Gio's CLL intros), and released a giant 109GB torrent:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AdamCarolla/comments/3tc9ma/superfan_giovanni_is_on_strike/

Gio even helpfully includes a link to the torrent in his massive wall-of-text rant.

Enjoy both the meltdown and the content!

pzy fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 19, 2015

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

pzy posted:

It seems some scoundrel ripped every HQ show off of Loveline Tapes, edited the crap out of them better than Gio ever did, and released a giant 109GB torrent:

Sweet jesus I've been waiting for years for someone to finally do this. Hoping beyond hope.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Jump on the sketchy public torrent, Wesley!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
My god, Drew would have a field day interpreting those incoherent reddit ramblings from Gio.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Christmas came early :)

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Whoever did that is a saint on earth. What a loving narcissist that he can't handle the fact that, oh, some people may not want your stupid loving interjections.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I'm concerned Giovanni is going to loving kill this guy.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Hail Satan

I had actually been working on pulling all the episodes that weren't in the old torrent off of Loveline Tapes to make a new torrent, but a hard drive crash wiped me out. So I am very happy

Of course, Gio bitching about people "stealing" content that he neither made nor recorded is amazing. I've said it before, but it is almost impressive to me that someone can listen to so much LL and still be so lacking of sanity and insight

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Ah bummer, looking at the list of files, it doesn't really look like much that I don't already have. The only thing I was looking forward to with this whole thing was the early years of Adam, like 1995, but it still looks like there are barely any shows from that era.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
"I spent time and energy trying to get this out to the fans for free simply for the love of it and now someone has gone and helped distribute it to the fans for free and I hate them and they must go to jail!!!"

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

quote:

You loving crooks ruin everything for all of us, if I keep going we won’t get all the shows until 2039. The lost shows won’t be public until 2023, it’s hosed up how many huge Loveline fans have died while we’ve waited for these files, I know a lot of people that would have had a lot more fun with their limited time left in hospital beds had they had these lost shows we only dreamt of ever hearing

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

UnclePenny you seem like a decent enough dude, there's still enough time for you realize that your homeboy is legitimately mentally ill

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yeah Gio, cry those fat baby tears while you realize you wasted your life and everyone hates you.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I've seen a lot of crazy on these here internets over the years but Giovanni is really something special in the realm of batshit.

He literally thinks he created Loveline, doesn't he?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Grand Fromage posted:

I've seen a lot of crazy on these here internets over the years but Giovanni is really something special in the realm of batshit.

He literally thinks he created Loveline, doesn't he?

He thinks that and that he is besties with Carolla.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Did you ever listen to him on Loveline or Dr Drew's podcast or whatever it was? He's obviously mentally ill and either a pathological liar or he grew up like a 19th century street rat with an opium addicted prostitute mom.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I really don't see what the big deal is he has like a 10 second Intro that sets the table and them stays out of the way.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

rear end Catchcum posted:

I really don't see what the big deal is he has like a 10 second Intro that sets the table and them stays out of the way.

That's what it should be. Instead it's anywhere from 5-15 minutes of needless details on the content of the episode you're about to listen to.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

It's literally the same as the episode description 99% of the time so it's just him wanting to put his voice on every episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Will seed forever.

• Locked thread