Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

Coughing Hobo posted:

That's what it should be. Instead it's anywhere from 5-15 minutes of needless details on the content of the episode you're about to listen to.

This is just not correct but sure ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
5-15 minutes is definitely an exaggeration, but they can be 1-2 minutes long, and often will spoil all the good calls of the episode. Some of the fun of listening to the episodes is not knowing exactly what will be coming up, and when it's all laid out at the very start it kind of kills that.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
"If that's true, you're going to jail, buddy."
Dr. Bruce Giovanni

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

whether or not his intros are poo poo is sort of besides the point at this time, his melt down over sharing free content because it isn't from him; GRAND MASTER LOVELINE AND KEEPER OF THE KEY, is much more hilarious/worse

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I haven't been paying attention since these better recordings were released but has the fabled source of "the world is your oyster" drop been found yet?

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Good old SUPERFAN, always a source of (unintentional) entertainment.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

CodfishCartographer posted:

5-15 minutes is definitely an exaggeration, but they can be 1-2 minutes long, and often will spoil all the good calls of the episode. Some of the fun of listening to the episodes is not knowing exactly what will be coming up, and when it's all laid out at the very start it kind of kills that.

This exact kinda thing ruined the holocaust call for me. It was funny, but I'd heard about it so much and heard it in clips multiple times before, so it just wasn't that funny. Now the Venison Italy call caught me off guard and was hilarious.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
I was trying to describe the pot laugh to someone and couldn't come up with a good imitation. I googled it but nothing comes up which surprised me. Does anyone have a link to a good source to play the pot laugh for someone so they can recognize it?

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Keystoned posted:

I was trying to describe the pot laugh to someone and couldn't come up with a good imitation. I googled it but nothing comes up which surprised me. Does anyone have a link to a good source to play the pot laugh for someone so they can recognize it?
Pretty much any clip you can find of Seth Rogen laughing should do you.

This is the first thing on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-9Wcbihsfg

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
And Jason Mewes.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Keystoned posted:

I would suggest that you and your friend try smoking a pots, taping it, and then playing that back.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

2004-04-14 from about 47:15 is probably the best radio voice gibberish Adam ever did

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

e: all sorted, so I apologise for bumping the thread now!

To not make it useless for at least one person, here's the Pennywise incident on security camera that was uploaded a few years ago. Definitely been in the thread before, but I doubt everyone knows it exists and it's a fun watch of sorts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uWgQfYO7aI

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 2, 2016

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

You better remember quick before we haul your sweet ass down to the precinct.
Just curious does anyone listen to the Adam and Dr. Drew podcast? I wrote it off when it first came out and gave it another chance today and can't stand it. The rants are painful, Dr. Drew schilling whatever product they have on commercials, almost no calls. Anyone else feel similarly?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

It looks like I gave it up in late 2014. Drew's bizarre libertarian slant coupled with Adam's abuse and an absolute limit of two phone calls from sycophants wasn't exactly a loveline reboot I was interested in.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
adam's really angry and not funny now and the last thing related to him I listened to was a podcast of Dr Drew interviewing Lynette and they both seemed to agree that Adam is horrible now but they're both insanely dependent on him

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ray should be on every show yelling at Adam to poo poo his trap

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!
I was without my hard drive with all my Loveline on it today, so I went on Podcast One and listened to some classic episodes there. It was really funny to listen to Giovanni in the intro because he was complaining about how there's not a perfect Loveline archive, and that's because so many people are uploading things and taking credit for things they didn't do. And that's what causes the low quality and mislabeled episodes and global warming. He ranted for a good minute about it, and it tickled me to know he was thinking, at least partially, about people on Something Awful. I got a good laugh about that.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
These are all still good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4SgZvO7jB0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_yoXiWbqmk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO726yYMGhc

I wish I could find the underage drinking one where they make fun of the dopey 40 year old guy they got to play a highschool kid, but I can't.

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 5, 2016

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

UP AND ADAM posted:

I wish I could find the underage drinking one where they make fun of the dopey 40 year old guy they got to play a highschool kid, but I can't.

I'm gonna stay outta trouble!

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

WEH posted:

It looks like I gave it up in late 2014. Drew's bizarre libertarian slant coupled with Adam's abuse and an absolute limit of two phone calls from sycophants wasn't exactly a loveline reboot I was interested in.

I am usually immune to people's stupid political views if the content still keeps me entertained while I drive, but that show died for me around the same time it did for you. I was still downloading them for another year but I ended up choosing pretty much anything else to listen to. Adam being rich and Drew being a TV celebrity ruined whatever they're doing now. I tried getting back into Loveline, but the weird themed episodes and Drew's awful cohost ruined that as well.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Second hand smoke
First rate killer

UP AND ADAM posted:

They do some of it starting at 4:44 in that first video

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 6, 2016

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Ariza posted:

I am usually immune to people's stupid political views if the content still keeps me entertained while I drive, but that show died for me around the same time it did for you. I was still downloading them for another year but I ended up choosing pretty much anything else to listen to. Adam being rich and Drew being a TV celebrity ruined whatever they're doing now. I tried getting back into Loveline, but the weird themed episodes and Drew's awful cohost ruined that as well.

If Adam Carolla of 1998 (with his almost $400,000 salary) could see what he became today...what would he think?

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

CatchrNdRy posted:

If Adam Carolla of 1998 (with his almost $400,000 salary) could see what he became today...what would he think?

The world is my oyster, because that's all the world is

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Edit: Whoops wrong thread.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

CatchrNdRy posted:

He would probably shrug and go 'eh...I got old. It happens. Happens to everyone. But I've still got a sweet house up in the hills, old lady seems happy, got a coupla kids, the man can't tell me what to do, and I haven't had to deal with Anderson in years. Could be worse.'

EDIT: Or the short version 'Yeah, but still!'

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Feb 6, 2016

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Carolla seems to me like he'd be a huge Cruz supporter.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

hiddenmovement posted:

He would probably shrug and go 'eh...I got old. It happens. Happens to everyone. But I've still got a sweet house up in the hills, old lady seems happy, got a coupla kids, the man can't tell me what to do, and I haven't had to deal with Anderson in years. Could be worse.'

EDIT: Or the short version 'Yeah, but still!'

He'd be ecstatic. I don't think he'd care at all about his lost "integrity".

I assume he makes in the 8 figures now, is completely free of rules in his podcast (he plays by his own rules!). The more educated and technically more successful (in all facets of life) Drew STILL depends on Adam at some weird level.

Would he trade all that in because he once had a nearly transcendental level of amazing banter with some abused 14 year old girl from the Midwest? Just for his loser fanbase? "KISS MY rear end", he'd tell us, from 1995 to now.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Hydrogen Oxide posted:

The world is my oyster, because that's all the world is

Hey it takes all kinds

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

CatchrNdRy posted:

Hey it takes all kinds

'That's why HE makes the big bucks!' Or 'Whaddya gonna do?'

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

CatchrNdRy posted:

He'd be ecstatic. I don't think he'd care at all about his lost "integrity".

I assume he makes in the 8 figures now, is completely free of rules in his podcast (he plays by his own rules!). The more educated and technically more successful (in all facets of life) Drew STILL depends on Adam at some weird level.

Would he trade all that in because he once had a nearly transcendental level of amazing banter with some abused 14 year old girl from the Midwest? Just for his loser fanbase? "KISS MY rear end", he'd tell us, from 1995 to now.

How'd you figure he is making that sort of coin? He has his podcasts that I doubt bring in a great sum of money, contractor which might be worth 500k to 1 mill a season(???), and his books. Feels like it would be well short of 8 figures to me.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Max Hammer posted:

'That's why HE makes the big bucks!' Or 'Whaddya gonna do?'

But you can't judge! YOU CAN'T JUDGE!

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Also I think 1995 Adam would have to concede that 2016 Adam is an angry old hack

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

AgentJotun posted:

How'd you figure he is making that sort of coin? He has his podcasts that I doubt bring in a great sum of money, contractor which might be worth 500k to 1 mill a season(???), and his books. Feels like it would be well short of 8 figures to me.

His podcast made 4.4 million in 2014.

Anyway, when did he stop announcing his yearly income and why?

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

AgentJotun posted:

googled his networth, which I guess isn't his yearly, but its at 15 mill.

some sort of residuals from Loveline, Adam Carolla Show, The Man Show, Crank Yankers, all his short reality series, the many many small parts in movies and TV shows he's done, such as Buzz Lightyears boss , dancing with the stars, the hack books he probably didn't write. Also his commercial endorsements.

hiddenmovement posted:

Also I think 1995 Adam would have to concede that 2016 Adam is an angry old hack

And he's rich, so he wouldn't care

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Wasn't Adam getting hosed with by patent trolls? Iirc he spent at least a half million against them

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

stringball posted:

Wasn't Adam getting hosed with by patent trolls? Iirc he spent at least a half million against them

He had his fans pay for that via donations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Riptor posted:

adam's really angry and not funny now and the last thing related to him I listened to was a podcast of Dr Drew interviewing Lynette and they both seemed to agree that Adam is horrible now but they're both insanely dependent on him

Do you know which episode that is/which podcast?

I still occasionally listen to new stuff but it is sad what it's gotten to. I tend to turn it off when it goes into political poo poo, and I've been playing a game of how long until complaining about airports/cops.

The Adam and Drew eps where Jim Jeffries was filling in for Adam were good.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I believe it was this one http://drdrew.com/2014/110-lynette-carolla/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

centaurtainment
Jun 16, 2015

CatchrNdRy posted:

Would he trade all that in because he once had a nearly transcendental level of amazing banter with some abused 14 year old girl from the Midwest?

No. Carolla doesn't give a poo poo about the quality of the products he puts out, or rather, he judges the quality based on sales and then just rehashes previously successful ideas, which results in a reductive feedback loop.

• Locked thread