Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
I... I'm just so happy the archive is back.:shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

The Duke posted:

I prefer:

"Dr. Drew in the HIZAAAAAAYYYYY"
"Why ain't you get no play, playa?"
"So you ain't hittin da skins..... muthafucka."
"You gotta get out there and get your bitch spunk drunk."
"I'm tellin' you, nigga, that it would put you into the mode where you would have no problem to get that freaky poo poo goin' 24/7 flowin' semen here in your house."
"Look MUTHAFUCKA I'm tellin' you, once you tap her in the rear end you won't be interested in pistol rubbin' no more."
For anyone who doesn't know what the gently caress the above refers to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gb96bg9XpE

Stay fresh nigga. I'm off to get the throbbing guzzle.

bigbowlowrong fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Sep 13, 2007

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

d_redguy posted:

The new episodes of Loveline are way better than that old stupid poo poo with Adam Corolla.
Sweet post dude.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

Radio on the TV posted:

I have listened to a lot of episodes, but have never heard Adam do his radio DJ impression. Can anyone tell me some episodes he does this in?
He does it at the beginning of the Patton Oswald episode which is loving GOLD as mentioned in the previous page.

UltraRed posted:

Hah! I finally get to give back.

Here ya go.

http://rapidshare.com/files/58777904/Loveline_-_2004-03-14__Guest_-_Will_Arnett_.mp3.html
I appreciate the effort you put into uploading this but I loving HATE 'Rapid'share with a passion that knows no bounds. I've tried downloading it half a dozen times but the session always drops out before the download is finished. Then you reach the download limit even though the downloads are incomplete and unsuccessful which means you have to wait another three quarters of an hour to try again.

ARGH.:argh:

bigbowlowrong fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 28, 2007

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

dethkon posted:

Can anyone else download from the Archive? All the files are like 1kb now.
They are down until tomorrow because he ran out of bandwidth. It says so on the main page.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

UltraRed posted:

Really? I've never had that happen to me. Let me see if I can get megaupload to work. Is that one any better for you?

[Loveline] Will Arnett as guest
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UO3QB1CJ
Heh thanks but I finally got Rapidshare to work. Thanks again for the effort though, you're a nice guy.:D

Good times.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
Guys, can someone help me out with locating two shows I have heard about but have yet to find. Number one has an 'angry' post-op transsexual on it who managed to piss both Adam and drew off. The other is one with a psychic who also managed to set Adam off.

In regards to the psychic one, I am not talking about the Peter James show. I recall there being a show where Adam spent the entire time getting in a psychic's face and it sounds awesome.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

TylerDurden posted:

June 15, 2004 Dr Bruce and Rene (In archive)
ll20010214 (Lysa Mateu - psychic) most likely(Not in archive) I can probably up it somewhere if someone can provide hosting or tell me where they would like me to send it.

It's kind of weird and uncomfortable to listen to the former just because how hostile and angry that thing sounds like. By the way, not the same Dr Bruce just so were clear.
Awesome, thank you so much. I love the way Adam reacts to anger, so I think I'm in for a good hour and a half of uneasiness.

If you could upload that somewhere (megaupload?) that would be awesome, otherwise I'll wait for it to appear on the archive. Thanks again man!

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

TylerDurden posted:

Heres the Lysa Mateu http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F87MGLZ6
Awesome. Listening to the angry transsexual was a weird experience because you could tell exactly how both Adam and Drew would react if she was just a normal caller, but because she was RIGHT THERE in the studio and a guest they had to restrain themselves.

Very interesting, now to download the dumbass psychic. Whoo!:hfive:

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

Jagfire posted:

Adam Carolla hasn't made a guest appearance on Loveline since he left, has he? If he has, where's that episode!? :eek:
There has been bad blood between Adam and Drew from just before ther cohosting ended all the way up until the present day. I would be surprised if Adam went back to be a guest on Loveline when he has his own show anyway.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
Yeah, where's the (or a) Pedif Isle show? I heard it once when I was stoned out of my brain and I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
Guys, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE direct me to a 'Pedif Isle' show (as described on the previous page)? God, I really want to hear it again but have forgotten what date the show was!

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
I would like to say thank you to SA for introducing me to this wonderful show, by the way. I have been following this since late in the first Loveline thread and count myself as what I presume to be one of the few fans of the show in Australia.

Also thanks for the link to the Eric Balfour show with the Pedif Isle pitch, it was great. A pissed off caller also hung up on them near the end of the same show which was equally hilarious because she was a massive dumbass.:D

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

Evil Vin posted:

Anyone been able to connect to the Random Loveline server lately? It seems like they changed IPs but I can't quite connect to the new IP.
No, it's just that because the archive has shut down because of bandwidth issues, a flood of Loveline addicts are now on the stream. Only 200 people are permitted to connect to the stream at a time - if you're really patient you can spend 30 minutes trying to connect in the vain hope that you'll click 'Open URL' JUST as the 200th listener disconnects.

Refer to this handy real time graph to see why you're having trouble!:haw:

http://loveline.phil21.net/graphs.html

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

Sir Liquid Jerk posted:

If you're using Winamp to listen click repeat and it will auto try to connect and you can get in within a few minutes.
Or use lovelinecentral or the many many other ways to get your fix in savable mp3 form.

EDIT: Someone give me a recommendation. I'm looking for something with an 'angry Adam blowing up at a retarded caller' flavour.

bigbowlowrong fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 29, 2008

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

Bumpon10s posted:

They did the drop at 14:15 into 8/17/2003 show, so it is before, but hearing that drop is awesome.
The story is loving hilarious to hear all the way through - Adam tells it fantastically well on a number of occasions but unfortunately I can't remember any of the show dates... I should really take note of these things.

'Why you buying so many condoms Don Juan? Wait a minute... I know you... you PINSKY boy! Wait until your father hears about this!'

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

Grand Fromage posted:

Because Adam's going to be there for the first time in three years. If they take one call I will be shocked.
This is pretty faulty logic I think. It would be retarded if he DIDN'T take calls.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

Grand Fromage posted:

I really didn't think a joke about Adam talking a lot and going off on tangents instead of taking calls would be this controversial. Forget I ever made it.
You're less funny than Stryker fyi.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
^The mods won't care, we post direct links to full show mp3s in this thread as a matter of routine.

Anyway...

Having Stryker there hosed up what would have otherwise been an awesome hour from the sounds of it. WHY DID THEY EVEN CHOOSE HIM TO REPLACE ADAM? COULDN'T THEY FIND SOMEONE ELSE A LITTLE MORE loving ENTERTAINING AND HARD HITTING OR IS THAT JUST TOO MUCH TO ASK OF HOLLYWOOD? GODDAMMIT

I won't even bother downloading it, I can't stand that unfunny motherfucker.

bigbowlowrong fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 14, 2008

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

Fruxx posted:

I found a clip of the China Town condom buying story, one of my favorites.

http://www.houndbite.com/index.php?houndbite=2238

..also another funny clip I recommend everyone listening too

http://www.houndbite.com/index.php?houndbite=2568

I remember hearing it live and having the same reaction as drew.
Both clips are great and I have been looking for the China Town one for a long time. Thanks a lot.:)

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

Rushmore posted:

There is also 1) a show where john calls in saying he bought adam taboo 2 on dvd, and adam leaves early
2) there is one where toxicity or chop suey is playing. Instead of the usual NO CANNOT HAVE song, he goes through each bit of the song saying "ok herei'd kick john off the drums. this is a drum bit. now guitar" and so on. He ends up saying a line that still makes me laugh "John go and eat some ?Paklava? (May be some other food)" and goes off on playing drums.
Baklava.

It's a favourite of Huel Howser.;)

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
edit:

c0ldfuse posted:

Stop fagging up the thread with this pilot poo poo.

heh sorry

bigbowlowrong fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 9, 2008

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
I agree that Dr. Bruce is really underrated. All of his shows with Adam are worth listening to because of the chemistry that they have. I'm sure quite a few of you are skipping those shows because of the lack of Drew, but you shouldn't.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

KrycekCrack posted:

Not looking to troll or anything, but has anyone else noticed Dr. Drew's tendency on this program to dismiss bisexual behavior as either unhealthy or attention-seeking? Granted, that's often the case, what with fourteen year old girls calling in - but I have never heard him accept someone's sexuality as such and move on to the caller's problem at hand. That is, being bi always seems to be a key focus of his analysis whenever it comes up.
Who abused you

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

Malachi Constant posted:

I think this is a weakness of Drew's. He still has psychics on his daytime show and is amazed by them.

Adam also recounted a story of being freaked out by a psychic during commercial breaks, but I think that's more a feature of being told he's being stalked by someone who may be violent rather than any pseudo-science stuff. He's more of an organic skeptic rather than someone who knows to ignore their lame predictions.

Drew's interest in psychics is one of the few things I dislike about him. He often rants about why the scientific method is the only useful test in medicine and dismisses stuff like homeopathy, then turns around and talks to quacks on Halloween.

I have to give him credit for being willing to listen to the other side, he talked to a stop-smoking guy recently who had some wacky ideas, and he refuted them, but kept listening and eventually credited the guy for providing real treatment even though he had odd ideas about why he was doing what he was doing.
I doubt it's completely up to Drew or Adam who comes on their show all the time. The public at large is still interested in psychics and the paranormal for whatever reason (especially around Halloween), so the higher ups often preserve slots for them. Once the guest is there I guess there is very little point in being openly hostile and negative all the loving time, no one wants to hear that for 90 minutes and the guest wouldn't stick around.

So you may as well humor them and have a bit of fun with it right?

Also, I think the shows with the psychics are loving hilarious. You're letting your edgy angry internet atheist materialism get in the way of a laugh, and that's just sad.

bigbowlowrong fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Aug 16, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
I'm so glad I found this show like... three or so years ago or whenever the first iteration of this thread was posted. Now I have an episode playing whenever I go to sleep and there are still hundreds of hours of episodes I haven't listened to.

Still it's pretty sad I may be the only person in Melbourne, Australia who enjoys it so much.

Anyway thanks GBS goons!

• Locked thread