Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Gentleman, we have seen the future.

Kaso posted:

As much as adam bitches about this, i sware if he didnt point it out i'd never notice, though perhaps thats something to do with the lowish quality of the Archive recordings

Listen to ther beginning of the 12-15-2004 show, a few days before the papa roach show.

Adam: "YOU, like to go over there and spin plates and play a washboard when I am trying to talk to a caller and make a point...YOU like to play the drums with a couple of ballpoint pens while I try to move the show along (well placed anderson rimshot)"

Awesome clip one minute in...

Bumpon10s fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 15, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Loveline archive just had a MASSIVE update today, those of you trying to find shows can probably get them now.

Very late edit: The cap for shows downloaded has gone up to seemingly the 50's, it used to be 10 or so, so download ones you have been meaning to while the extra bandwidth is there.

Bumpon10s fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 17, 2007

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Alexandr posted:

Quick request for information: Anyone remember which episode it was where the entire first 30 or so minutes was a single long story Adam (and Drew, but mostly Adam) had about the previous night's drive home, complete with an on-ramp backup and the harrowing escape from it over a female traffic officer's bullhorning otherwise (SILVER TAURUS DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT MAKE A HOOOOOOOLE)?

It is a no guest show from late 2003, I remember hearing it.

I have to start putting good moments from the show into the notes in the ID3 tags of iTunes.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

EnsGDT posted:

That's brilliant. Attack crows are still my favorite, because of the Bill Nye show associated with them, and the fact that Adam talked about them for at least two weeks worth of shows.

"You see that crow van pull up, ah christ..."

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

The no guest shows from may 2003 are gems of blood, sweat and tears goodness. Hearing adam belting out go down gambling makes me cry laughing.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Rushmore posted:

mighty mighty bosstones and cake

Carolla is good friends with Dicky Barrett, so yea. WAAAAAGGHHH. Hearing andersons dicky drops never gets old.

When bad relgion came in Adam was real excited also.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Bender posted:

I'm listening to a show from Sept. 13, 2001 with New Found Glory as the guest.

Imagine the stupid Loveline callers trying to talk politics, and stack on a stupid band trying to explain their viewpoints. It's hard to sit through.

*clipped*

I was listening to the 9-12-2001 show and it is a bit surreal, really brings me back to that day. You can tell drew is really broken up by the days events, he goes through such a range of emotions, it really is scary seeing someone like drew who is such a rock as scattered as he is.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

EnsGDT posted:

You should really read his book Cracked. Something that happened to one of his patients she died really hosed him up. It's a fantastic read, and really gives you a lot of insight into who Drew is.

I have the early hardcover edition of it, a fantastic read.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Carthag posted:

Getting the podcast now (from here).

Edit: No, it's the old show, I'm pretty sure. Starts at around 7 minutes into the 12:00 thing.

Wow, this just feels so right...

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

To this day I still cannot tell if Adam is being sarcastic about Drew being a "Man of incredible passion" or what exactly he means by it. I mean Drew is always so low key about most things even when he is riled up. If he is all super passionate in the sack how would Adam even know? It sounds sarcastic but Drew always seems to respond to the comment like its true. I've never heard him defend himself in any way when Adam says it. I wish I could hear the episode when Adam first said it but I'm sure thats like way back in the earliest episodes that aren't in the archive.

It has been a little while, but I remember adam talking about how it came to popularity from an episode when ben stein was guest. I beleive at first ben was given the title but somehow made it's way over to drew.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Fruxx posted:

Does anyone know the date of the show where Adam tells the story about Drew having to buy condoms from Chinatown when he was young?

It's where the "Why you buy so many condom? You sell to friend?!" drop came from.

I know he has mentioned it in passing a few times but this was like a 10 minute story and it was hilarious.

They did the drop at 14:15 into 8/17/2003 show, so it is before, but hearing that drop is awesome.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Saerdna posted:

I just started listening to Loveline and it's awesome. Have they ever had Norm McDonald as a guest? He would be great.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tudRETrphxk

He seems to be on carolla's new show a lot. he was on last week for an hour or so, the podcast is free on iTunes.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

The Juicy Dangler posted:

There was this awesome episode I heard, I think from '05, where pretty much the whole episode he was going into the generic morning radio announcer's voice.

It was hilarious, because you knew it was coming every time they came back from commercial. Adam would just start that "HeHeHe" laugh, and I knew it would be awesome.

Anyone know the episode?

He has been doing that for several years, and does it at least once a week. You need to find his Ace Rockolla bits and the lightning rounds at the end of earlier shows, you'll be on the floor.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Johnny Future posted:

Rape is not a sexual act. It is a violent crime....where you cum.

It is no different than if I went into a liqour store, pistol whipped the korean guy behind the counter. And then came, it is a violent crime drew. It is NOT a sexual crime.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

More than willing, I have always wanted something like this, there are so many bits I wish I can remember that I have heard. I listen to 2 or so shows a day, count me in.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Malachi Constant posted:

I hope Adam and Drew slip in to their old roles and Stryker shuts the hell up.

I have to say I was a little bummed too when I saw "Dr. Drew and stryker will be welcoming Adam Carolla"

It's still all good though.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

It is absolutely awesome hearing adam and drew back together. Stryker just sounds like the station owners kid sitting in trying to be cool with the two grown ups.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Man, new carolla loveline, I am eating a baconator and smoking a cigarette. If I was getting oral, I would kill myself shortly afterward because it won't get any better than this.

He just ripped (sarcasticly, but totally true) ripped the poo poo out of stryker and said it should just be him and drew again.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

I suppose this is the thread to talk about it. But really how many of you (including myself) have really taken adam's comedic style as your own?

I mean really, post becoming a fan of this show how many frequently make jokes that you will kill yourself, beat off jokes, calling black guys "brothers"?

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Adam Carolla's "attack crows" bit with Bill Nye, this bit never gets old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFeJYCqF6gU&feature=related

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Funny stuff, adam already ripping on the judges.

EDIT: (800) 868-3404 is the number to vote for carolla, let's keep him on the show.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Revol posted:

Agreed, but did they even mention The Hammer? All I heard was the extent of 'You know Adam from The Man Show'.

No, he just mentioned his radio show and his work on the man show. He left out his movie, and more notably, loveline.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

I really don't know any of the women on there, who the hell is the weird looking fat chick?

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

8/15/2002 at 11 minutes is has a loving whopper of a rant from carolla about nearly everything, I listened to it twice.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

c0ldfuse posted:

Found the puke-sound drop, of course it's a show with DAG.
July 31st, 2001
Right in the beginning.

http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202001-07-31%20(Guest%20-%20David%20Alan%20Grier).mp3

They were using that drop the day after new years in 2001, it's older than that.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

subscreet posted:

We also need pages for inventions and words like cankles and the padded condom.

The heated sofa, attack crows, the bedside all in one organizer, the condom loader.

Not to mentions his stores: Simply lavalamps and cockrings, Shame-on. I am a hige fan and am eagerly waiting for a nice catalog of loveline details.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Absolut Mike posted:

I was listening to an April 01 episode today (believe its 4/21/01) where Adam suggests a ribbed/gripped tab on the side of toilet seats for more sanitary handling.

One of his best ideas. So simple, but it is brilliant, I hate lifting my own toilet seat. Having something that is really half the size of a quarter just off center of the seat should have been implemented 100 years ago.

Don't even get me started on those goddamn hospital gowns...

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

What Fun posted:

I hate coming in to this thread, reading about some killer episodes, and then finding that lovelinearchive is out of bandwidth.

Luckily, we have our goon friend from lovelinecentral! Thanks so much for hosting these.

I don't think it is "files" but there is a 45GB torrent of all the shows on lovelinearchive.com It takes forever to download, but it worth it when the sites are down on bandwidth.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

dethkon posted:

OK I have SERIOUSLY not laughed this hard in at least two loving years. Oh my loving god hahahahgahahahha

This still does not compare to the irony moments. When they did their "veal/venison" questions, the girl got the first one right, and then said venice was in italy. Drew spit coffee out of his nose on that.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Kickus posted:

What's that place called where they hide all the books?

You know, the place where you can rent books. What is that called, the book house?

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

fishbone posted:

This is incorrect. The song they play is actually Double Dutch Bus by Frankie Smith. Missy Elliot sampled from it for Gossip Folk.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7kYtliQs0tc

You are correct on where missy got it, it is Double dutch bus, but they use that part of missy's song on the show, not Frankie Smith.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Spraynard Kruger posted:

Armenian.

Look for episodes with System Of A Down / John Dolmayan, although Adam does bring it up a lot, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned up in other episodes with unrelated guests, too.

The song was from a no guest show, I want to saw it was from 2004, but not so sure on the exact date. I just heard it recently.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Eunabomber posted:

*To walk on stage and have someone remove a cape from me

Thanks to DWtS thats a check.

Also from 3/19/2001 he said he wanted to fake his own death only to kill himself 20 minutes later.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

TortillaFactory posted:

Anyway, plenty of people identify as bi who really aren't. It's become a way for confused adolescent girls to feel like they "belong" somewhere while, as a bonus, pissing off their parents. Malachi Constant is right - most everyone calling the show is in some kind of chaos, and bisexuals in chaos are bisexuals who are confused about their orientation, 99% of the time.

Well as they usually say for that, they are waving bye-bye to bi and hello to homo.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Graham Wellington posted:

No, that's just the dudes, the gals pretty much get out of the bi stage in their 20's.

I have always noticed that as a coin toss kind of thing, of women I have known, it seems to hover around that 50% mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Good lord, Adam's attack crows have taken flight...

http://www.kgw.com/video?id=121337634&sec=547757

• Locked thread