Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

spacecataz posted:

It was Ecstasy, as someone else pointed out, but the number he throws out is 20 or 25 times. The brain damage he speaks of is a type of depression that manifests itself later on. If you and your friends were doing X 15-20 years ago, a lot, you'd realize that Drew is correct.
It also manifests as heightened anxiety and panic attacks.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 2, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

spacecataz posted:

Absolutely. If I had a time machine, the first gently caress-up in my life I'd rectify would be taking so much x. I don't want to derail or sound like a grouchy old man, but that poo poo has messed me up, or at the very least magnified a pre-existing problem

It can still be treated with medication. Have you seen a psychiatrist?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Alexandr posted:

That would be James from some point in 1999, one of the more infamous calls that got referenced back to many times at later dates. It took a shitload of digging to find this one. It was actually an interesting show in the end, too. One of the things to note is Producer Ann getting on the line and yelling at him, ignoring everything that he'd talked of to that point.

RapidShared

Awesome! Thanks!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Grifter posted:

While I don't know which show specifically you're referring to, this is absolutely incorrect. Every time people talk about the dangers of ecstasy Drew does bring up the "holes in the brain" thing, but then he shoots it down and explains that it's a myth. I must have heard him do that 3-4 times, I've never heard him promulgate that rumor.

I heard him talk about a report about a direct link between ecstasy use and abscesses in the brain. It was on the random feed so I don't know the date, but he spoke about as if he believed it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Euphoria posted:

Now why do the victims of child molestation have the voice of someone much younger. As if there voice box froze when the event happened? I can't find info on this and find this interesting.

They never actually got into the why of it other than "severe trauma freezes the language development of young survivors, especially women". It doesn't have to be molestation, it could be anything that's especially traumatic, like witnessing the death of a loved one or physically assaulted by a stranger at a young age. The callers on Loveline tend to have related sexual questions to the trauma, which is why they often guess molestation (that, and they have a screen in front of them from the phone screener).

It's related to the brain, not the voice box. They not only have the higher tone of a young person, they slur their words and have a young inflection as well.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rushmore posted:

2004-05-25 No Guest

Excellent rant at the start about tickets. Drew does quitea bit too. excellent. Also, Anderson was in jail for the weekend before. Very funny. Lasts pretty much the first full segment too.

Is he rotating segments of each month now? No fair posting about shows I can't get. :mad:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
One of my friends in high school was deaf and went to school in California. I was half expecting it was going to be him.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

frogbs posted:

Can anyone post the episode with Will Arnett where he does the "Hack will have to become.....a RAPIST" bit? That would be extra awesome with a doubleshot of gently caress yeahsauce.
Hah! I finally get to give back.

Here ya go.

http://rapidshare.com/files/58777904/Loveline_-_2004-03-14__Guest_-_Will_Arnett_.mp3.html

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

bigbowlowrong posted:

I appreciate the effort you put into uploading this but I loving HATE 'Rapid'share with a passion that knows no bounds. I've tried downloading it half a dozen times but the session always drops out before the download is finished. Then you reach the download limit even though the downloads are incomplete and unsuccessful which means you have to wait another three quarters of an hour to try again.

ARGH.:argh:

Really? I've never had that happen to me. Let me see if I can get megaupload to work. Is that one any better for you?

[Loveline] Will Arnett as guest
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UO3QB1CJ

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 4, 2007

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mister Hoary posted:

Just as a note, that "Hack will have to become...a RAPIST" originated on the 2003-10-28 show where both Will Arnett and Jason Bateman were guests, promoting the pilot of Arrested Development.

Oh. Well, I don't have that episode so ya'll are SOL.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rhesus Pieces posted:

It's the 1-9-2003 episode, an hour and 22 minutes in.
Hah, I have that one as well, in case the loveline archive doesn't.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OCGJDTEU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The most depressing Loveline ever. A girl who was raped and another who lost both her legs.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=42T8K2TS

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Anderson also probably has less tolerance than the two hosts. I've always found his drops of NEXT CALLER!! and Whooooooooo Cares?! to be pretty accurate assessment of the situation.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Omnicarus posted:

Anderson's greatest night is undoubtedly the 12-16-2004 episode featuring Papa Roach, where Anderson is drunk and tripping, and they have a technical meltdown. Anderson finds out that his phone can only be heard by the broadcast and not by Adam or Drew and proceeds to freak out on the air. Then he tells Adam how he sells his Christmas present on Ebay every year. This is the same episode with the fudgepacking and Theo's christmas song, too. Probably the best episode ever.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OOACCOJJ

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jabovl posted:

Does anyone have the episode where it's Adam alone and he only takes calls about carpentry? I've been looking for that one forever, I believe it's Jan 6, 2002 but it isn't on the archive.
Thanks for making this thread and reminding me about Loveline. That random stream is awesome.

Sorry, do not have!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rushmore posted:

Ok so here is the dealio with the site. I've bought http://lovelinecentral.com with 600GB space and 6000GB bandwidth. When the bandwidth is used up, the site is suspended to the next month. There is an unlimited bandwidth option, which I may switch to if the usage is that bad, but this isn't too pleasing a prospect.

I'm (slowly) uploading episodes (19k/s) Starting with episodes from the 90s, then going year by year.

If anybody wishes to help, give me a mail (stephen_mccune at hotmail.com) and I'll see about setting something up.

I'll hopefully get some sort of front end put up soon (Assignments due)

For now, I have uploaded a few select episodes. I'm going to create a script to allow people to upload a single episode for any recommendations.

For now, just browse the files and right click/download. Please try not to leech too much
I'd recommend saving them as zip files, if you can.If won't help you with file size, but they will have to be downloaded and can't be streamed. Trusting people to download them never works.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
This would have made a good Germany or Florida.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071018/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_germany_cementmixer;_ylt=Alpp7XFNOrYN1l3VqdMYj7Sdk3QF

quote:

BERLIN (Reuters) - A thief caught shoplifting a packet of cheese from a supermarket in Germany tried to make his getaway in a cement mixer, but he was quickly nabbed by police.

"He was out on the job and suddenly got hungry, as honest workers sometimes do," said police spokesman in the eastern city of Chemnitz on Thursday.

When a shop detective in the town of Limbach-Oberfrohna caught the man stealing a 2.79 euro (1.95 pounds) packet of processed cheese, the 55-year-old broke free and leapt into his cement mixing truck outside, police said.

The shop alerted police, who arrested the man when he stopped his getaway vehicle at a red light a few hundred metres away.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sorry. I swear that all of Loveline's episodes were compiled by between 1 and 3 people. If they didn't have it, nobody does.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

TylerDurden posted:

I thought this was the show with the chick from Mr. Personality, that Fox show with the guys in masks, but it doesn't seem to be it. This particular show however has reunited me with my long lost distaste for Dr. Bruce's constant uptight, condescending, and sometimes downright transparently envious attitude towards everything Adam has to say. This is not an overwhelmingly obvious attitude, but more of a ever present undercurrent in most everything he says. It's worse in some episodes than others.
I picked up the "I'm a med doctor and you're a dumb carpet cleaner" intellectual attitude that alot of doctors have, but I never picked up on envy thing. I can sense that had Dr. Bruce been running Loveline, it would have been a VERY different show. I'm kind of surprised Dr. Drew was able to put up with Adam through all of the years that he worked.

Hell, Dr. Drew did the show as a PSA, Dr. Bruce did it to whore his laser clinic so he wouldn't have to deal with insurance companies.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 19, 2008

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

TheBigBad posted:

I read Drew's book Cracked last night. It's so weird how much he's changed since he wrote that. He's gotten so serious as of late. I blame Adam's absence.
Is it any good? What's it focus on? Any highlights you'd care to share?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Abuse? Pffff. Abandonment all the way. And really, pilot, his justification for dating you is he gets some 17-19 year old tail.

How many of your current boyfriend's friends has he introduced you to? Is/has he ever been married?

ANGRY VIRGIN GAMER posted:

She should call back so she can get an earfull of Stryker.

I think of all the women who have never gotten their molestation issues treated because they don't listen to Loveline because of Stryker.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 4, 2008

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

pilot posted:

Basically, I'm just saying you can't just assume. Everyone has their own story.

What was there to assume? You had an absent father, and we assumed you subconciously sought out an older man that was a replacement for you father. Then you confirmed our suspicions by saying that's why you sought him out.

quote:

If I enjoy being with them, they enjoy being with me, what is the problem?

If a hot, young, legal girl wanted to have sex with you, then would you, as a single guy, turn it down? If that girl turned out to be a little more mature than most girls her age, as well as had a developed sense of humor, why is it wrong to date her? If you click, you click.

There are almost always exceptions to the rule. Sure, there are creeps out there. But it's not like I'm out looking for the oldest, creepiest guy I can find. If I like someone, I like them. I don't care about the age.
The older guy sees the hot, young, legal parts, as well as the fourth most important: willing to have sex with him. The whole maturity and sense of humor arguments are pretty moot, because those are NOT the reasons he would go out with a 19 year old.

Ten years from now you'll look back at your current ideas and realize how naive and immature they are. Then you'll think about the guys you dated, and realize that they saw you the same way, and decided you'd make a wonderful girlfriend. Then you'll know the reason why.

Well, probably not. You are a loveline caller.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

Depends on what the guy's doing, too. The 40 year old guy who just wants to nail a hot 19 year old, I get that one. The 40 year old guy who wants to date a 19 year old is trouble.
It's all in the context of a relationship. A one night stand for a 19 year old is one thing, developing a serious relationship with someone who's nutty is another.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think a major difference is Tom Cruise is promoting Scientology, and displays outlandish behaviors in public. If he were promoting smoking, and hacking up a lung in public, I wouldn't be surprised to see people lecturing him about it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The-Mole posted:

The funny thing is that Drew is probably as well known as Tom Cruise among under 25 Americans. He is certainly better liked than Tom Cruise.

I think that's a bit stretching it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

KrycekCrack posted:

Not looking to troll or anything, but has anyone else noticed Dr. Drew's tendency on this program to dismiss bisexual behavior as either unhealthy or attention-seeking? Granted, that's often the case, what with fourteen year old girls calling in - but I have never heard him accept someone's sexuality as such and move on to the caller's problem at hand. That is, being bi always seems to be a key focus of his analysis whenever it comes up.
He never called it attention seeking, at least to my knowledge, but he definitely says he doesn't believe in someone being born bisexual. There have been bisexual callers where he didn't find anything screwy with them, but they are in the minority.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You're fat.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

You're a lesbian!
He's gay.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ultimos posted:

It really is. The ironic part is that Drew and Adam rarely suggest abortion, but she looked like a moron thanks to her extreme abstinence and anti-birth control stance.

Best part is when she says she's a virgin.

I thought she said that she wasn't a virgin, but she was encouraging others to be?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
They also bought into the call about the girl who had no legs with the boyfriend who had no legs.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

c0ldfuse posted:

Exactly. I watch the soup every week and have stayed home specifically on Friday night because I couldn't watch it Sat morning/night Sun morning/night.

Is this the Joel McHale that replaced John Henson? I can't stand talk soup now.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You're a trooper, Rushmore. :patriot:

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 12, 2008

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jubs posted:

I am so fed up with Teresa Strasser.
It goes more than that. Why is she even there? She's not funny, she always jumps on the tail end of every joke and cheapens it, and even when she is stating her opinion she takes loving FOREVER to do it.

"I don't want to disagree, BUT.....
*pause*
"blah blah blah"

"And the reason we went to the place was.."
*pause*

By the time she finishes pausing I've no interest in whatever it was she was talking about.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nemo posted:

You guys are awful harsh on Teresa. Complaining that she stays engaged in guest interviews and sometimes pauses while collecting her thoughts (which Adam is just as guilty of) seems a little excessive.

She's just there to keep the show moving and be a comic foil for Adam. She reacts well when she's the butt of the joke, like the whole "T's V" bit.

At least it's not the pandering of Dameshek or the one-upsmanship of Bonaduce.
The thing is, she pauses just for the sake of making you wait, not because she's collecting her thoughts. It's like having to eat asparagus with your chocolate cheesecake.

Bonaduce was like having to eat a turd with your chocolate cheesecake.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Acute Hepatitis posted:

You should make eye contact with her and mouth the words, "I know... "
That would be extremely creepy and possibly hostile. She'll instantly associate that with love and fall head over heals for you.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bust_Action posted:

The TV show wasn't Drew and Adam in the Westwood One studio; it was set up like a talk show with Drew, Adam, and the co-host sitting on couches and taking calls with a live studio audience.

I remember enjoying the TV show, but I watched a few episodes I downloaded and it was pretty terrible.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Capnbigboobies posted:

Oh really, that sucks.

it did. They also had some third host, some woman there. She wasn't as bad as Teressa, but she was basically the one who picked and answered the calls and introduced new segments. She prevented Adam from doing his thing when he was on a roll, and often he wouldn't go on a roll in the first place.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bender posted:

I never saw it, but I can only imagine a show with another host, a studio audience, and commercial breaks over a 30 minute period is hardly ideal for Adam to be funny.

The caller were also nowhere near as stupid, and not as many people were molested.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

elwood posted:

Whaaaa Tracy Metro sucks. Whaaa Damashek sucks. Whaaaa Bonadouchebag sucks (he really did though). Whaaa Strasser sucks. See a pattern here? Some people aren't truly happy as longs as Adam has someone at his side that is not Dr. Drew.

Whaa Striker sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Looks like someone yanked the old shows from the podcast. I tried to update, but to no avail.

• Locked thread