Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

Legend has it the world was hatched from a dingus egg.
Been downloading these due to this thread, this show is amazing. DAG's ugly make-up counter girl impression on 2005-09-07 (Drugs As Kids' Names) just made me burst out laughing in the computer room in college.

"EXTHUSE ME THIR!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

Goddamnit, lovelinearchive.com is down until the 1st again. :( Guess it gives me an opportunity to switch from listening to 2001 shows, and grab some of the way later ones though.

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

The Pantheon posted:

Rabbi Schmuley was a riot. He has this gentle sensibility and took Aceman's jokes and ran with them completely.

Anyway check this, didn't see it in this thread (?) so I thought I'd let it out:

How to be a Genius Without Even Trying: A Conversation with Adam Carolla

LA Times columnist Meghan Daum deconstructed Adam's sense of humour in a (positive! :-O) article, now he's agreed to come and speak with her at some cultural center.

Everything from "life hammer" rants to junior colleges. 59 minutes :-D

This was awesome, really captured Adam's style and wit perfectly.

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

Absolut Mike posted:

Does anyone know the origin of the drops

"I was just tryin' to get some dick"

That's from 2001-08-05, which is a brilliant no guest show, full of bizarre calls.

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

Kudos to whoever put up the new tape transfer episodes on to lovelinecentral.com, really looking forward to listening to the Ben Folds Five episode and the Trey Parker/Matt Stone one, both from '99!

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

What Fun posted:

Hey, who's Picardo and what did you do?

Related: On lovelinecentral.com a couple of shows, I think just the ones labeled "New Tape Transfer", 404'd. Do I have to play around with the link or something?

That happens to me a lot on loveline central, I just browse the MP3 directory and find them there, that usually works (dunno if that's what you mean though)

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

Eunabomber posted:

As has been said it is completely bogus, also way way old.

That looks like a different story you quoted? :confused:

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

Holy poo poo, those new tape transfers just keep on giving!

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

ABlix- posted:

You do realize there is still a show archive at the stream site? I believe it even has even more shows archived than lovelinearchive.com did.

http://loveline.phil21.net

Awesome! Anyone know any sites with 2001 hosted, though? It's great to have this but I was almost finished the year chronologically and I'd hate to break my streak now...

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

TortillaFactory posted:

Did you see The Hammer? I don't see how you could say this if you have. He's great in it.

I thought The Hammer loving sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

Majorian posted:

Yeah, that always struck me as weird. She must be the heaviest sleeper in the world. Either that, or she wears earplugs or something like that. I can't imagine how one could just get used to a beeping smoke detector, to the point where one wouldn't even notice it.

There's been a smoke detector going off every couple of minutes in my friend's house for as long as I can remember (5 years or so at minimum). None of the family can hear it anymore, even if I point the sound out just after it happens. It's seriously strange.

• Locked thread