Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaso
Apr 17, 2006
How come the abyss doesn't gaze also into me ?

Absolut Mike posted:

Adam's rants really make the show for me. On this topic, try listening to the 04-08-01 show.

The one thing thats slightly frustrating me about this thread is all the dates, as a british person im getting rather confused by the multitude of date formats being thrown around

What date does "04-08-01" represent? 4th August 2001? 8th of April 2001? 1st of August 2004? 8th of January 2004?

I dont want to start a poo poo-storm over the british/american date format thing, but can we all decide some standard for ease of use of this thread? perhaps

code:
"<month in words> <day>, <4 digit year>" 
like the archive pages are listed as?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaso
Apr 17, 2006

TylerDurden posted:

I would much rather prefer that Drew would stop whacking the goddamn mic :v:

As much as adam bitches about this, i sware if he didnt point it out i'd never notice, though perhaps thats something to do with the lowish quality of the Archive recordings

Kaso
Apr 17, 2006

Absolut Mike posted:

Adam's rants really make the show for me. On this topic, try listening to the April 08, 2001 show.

He just added a bunch of extra stuff on the archive so i just listened to this, and wow, its an interesting show. It was a bit of a shame drew didn't have much clout, and i think if he had the same interview several years later he'd be a bit more assertive about things like BC/Breast Cancer and stuff.

But also, this show is the source of the "No, Not alright!" drop that i've been hearing for ages, and man that was awesome, The whole way through that call, all i could think was "This guy sounds exactly like a SA fakeposter" The rediculously asian sounding accent coupled with the white supremacy theme, plus his dedication to the joke.

Kaso
Apr 17, 2006
I was just listening to an episode (June, 15 2005) where after the Gorillaz bumper is played they have a short chat about when Gorillaz was on the show and by the way they talk about it they were either a really awesome guest, or a really terrible guest.
I cant quite tell if they were being sarcastic, but the probably were, either my interest is whetted, anyone know which episode this was? Cant find it on the archive.

Kaso
Apr 17, 2006
Thanks guys, found it on http://lovelinecentral.com i'll take a listen now.

Gorillaz, The Darkness, why do the british bands always suck :( (Though i guess not having prior knowledge of loveline like most american guests do is part of the cause of that)

Anyone think of some British guests who don't let the side down?

Edit: Well that certainly was, unique, i wouldn't say they were a bad guest, just, lively..

Kaso fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 27, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaso
Apr 17, 2006
I was just listening to the February 25, 2003 just now and one of the callers referenced a rant by Adam about Scientology in passing. Now like any other goon i enjoy laughing at Scientology so i'd fancy listening to this, anyone know the date?

• Locked thread