Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Having not seen, and barely heard of, the prequels (Ocean's Eleven and Ocean's Twelve), I went to see this movie without any preconceptions. What I got was an okay movie, a little too paint-by-numbers and utterly representative of the genre (lovable but elite gang of criminal protagonists versus sleazy but scrupulously legal antagonist: you all know the drill.) Double and triple-crosses abound, it's all a little routine by now.

The entire premise of the plot is jarringly unrealistic, and that takes away a lot. You can't have someone sign over their property under duress and have it stick. And if you could, why didn't the Ocean's Thirteen team just do it right back to the bad guy?

All the same, the meat of the movie (the actual plots and tricks and gadgets) are done fairly well. There are some enjoyable moments. At the end, I felt like I got my money's worth, not any more and not any less. If you ask me about this movie in a year, I will probably not even remember the plot.

3/5

edit: if a mod could fix the typo in the title, that'd be great. :(

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Sep 3, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidFatHobbit
Jan 15, 2004
Way, way better than Ocean's 12 (which was a loving abomination of a movie) but not quite as good as Ocean's 11. Al Pacino finally gets to play the role he should have had in Ocean's 11, and does a great job at it.

3/5

StupidFatHobbit fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 18, 2007