Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extra innings lovin
Jan 2, 2005

by angerbotSD
Directed by: Charles Ferguson

I had to drive a half-hour away to see this movie, but my friend told me it was a great film. After seeing it, it was definitely worth the trip.

"No End In Sight" is a documentary that elegantly, precisely dissects the U.S. invasion of Iraq and subsequent months in an attempt to uncover exactly how things fell the way they did. It's refreshingly non-sensationalist, as director Charles Ferguson (who holds a PhD. in political science from MIT) keeps the film tight, coherent and relatively non-political. It's a blame-fest, of course, but the people he interviews are the most qualified to assign said blame. Among the 35 are the former chief of staff under Colin Powell, Gen. Jay Garner (ran Iraq reconstruction prior to Bremer's arrival) and Richard Armitage, the former Deputy Secretary of State.

The doc is executed beautifully and left me choked up with rage while not feeling like I had been swayed by propaganda. It's the definition of a cold, hard expose of the facts. I think it's an important film and I encourage you all to see it if you possibly can. It seems to be in extremely limited release (today was the last in theaters in this area, possibly the US) but try and pick it up on DVD when it comes out, shouldn't be too long.

Rating: 5/5
Pros: Comprehensive review of Iraq
Cons: One or two instances of apparent one-sideness
More info:
Wikipedia
Rotten Tomatoes
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0912593/

extra innings lovin fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Sep 7, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU