Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
PurpleTowel
Jan 7, 2004
You sir, are all that is right with the world.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can afford to retire on the income you'd make driving people around in those. I know I'd pay for the privilege.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crane
Jun 10, 2004

:chord:

Boomerjinks posted:

I'd actually like to make this:

That's a photoshop I made of a 1985 Nissan 300ZX. They go for around $1500 these days. The cool thing about the nissan is that it's a t-top, so if you have a friend who can weld, gull-wing doors are only a $400 kit away. And lots and lots of labor, of course.

OH poo poo, I got a steel gray one (just like that) for $300.00

Why didn't I do that when I had it??? (T top and everything)

poo poo poo poo poo poo

If I win the lottery I'm getting a Chrysler 300 and doing an Ecto3 on it (like the new movie)

Crane fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 14, 2007

Gyver
Jun 24, 2005

My entire life has been full of wrong choices.
I hate you, because now when I do mine it won't be as cool. :(

BeanPole
Jul 15, 2000
Canadian Maniac is my own personal manwhore.
Those are awesome. It looks like you're in Fort Collins, hopefully I'll see them around town.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I uh, I uh, uh am in love with uh you.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
PICTURES OF THE ECTOCAR!!!! Holy poo poo!

The original car

The new Ecto..

Oh yes, and the Ecto will apparently be featured in the Fall issue of Subaru DRIVE magazine.

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 14, 2007

Ears
Aug 28, 2007

it's true
Jumping on the "Holy Crap that's cool" :bandwagon:

The attention to detail is what really does it for me; you really did it right.

Awesome!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Holy poo poo, That is awesome! Where are you in CO? That quicky mart 711 is like 4 blocks from my house if its the one on Broadway.

I would love to see these in person sometime.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Corridor posted:

I don't remember the JP jeeps looking like this.

ALL SCENES WITH GAS-POWERED JEEPS

-main characters arrive on the island and are picked up at the helipad by jeeps #18 and #29
-main characters see first dinosaur, climb out of jeeps, throw up
-main characters dropped off by jeeps in front of main lodge
-Dennis Nedry steals embryos and uses jeep #12 to get into the park when he shuts off the power. He crashed the jeep, tries to winch himself down a hill, and is eaten by a dilophosaurus
-Muldoon and Satler arrive in jeep #10 at the T-rex paddock after the rex attack, find Malcolm, find trashed Explorers, get chased by t-rex.
-Hammond pulls up to the main lodge in jeep #10 and drives survivors to the helipad.

edit:

NESguerilla posted:

I would love to see these in person sometime.

I'll have both the cars at the Nan Desu Kan convention at the Denver Tech Center Marriott this friday-saturday. Come say hi!

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
That has to be the coolest jeep ever. How much do you plan to sell that thing for? If I wasn't a poor college student I'd buy that thing in a second.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Awesome work, the JP jeeps you made honestly look exactly like the ones in the film, no lie. That's an impressive amount of work.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?

Toothy posted:

YES! Fantastic job recreating an icon from my favorite movie of all time!

Your next project:

beaten by the op :P

I HAD that model explorer.. My family sold it though. drat...

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Video of the Ecto, if you care to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Eojhzgjb4

I need to find better music.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Crane posted:

If I win the lottery I'm getting a Chrysler 300 and doing an Ecto3 on it (like the new movie)

Wait what? :confused:

anyway Nice job on the Jeep.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Nocheez posted:

You're thinking of the Explorers, which were electrical and tied to a track that ran around the park. The Jeeps were the gas-powered vehicles, used at the beginning (READ THE ENTIRE OP!) and to escape from the T-Rex after Malcolm was injured.

I thought I had read it. :( I just really don't remember any vehicles looking like that, even after everyone's told me. Guess it's been too long since I saw this film.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Don't forget to put locking mechanisms on the vehicle doors.

Seriously, though...I wish I was driving in those. That's totally awesome.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Edit: ^^^ And make sure you can turn off the headlights.

Corridor posted:

I thought I had read it. :( I just really don't remember any vehicles looking like that, even after everyone's told me. Guess it's been too long since I saw this film.

Dude, there's a screenshot from the movie showcasing the Jeep right in the OP! It's the very last picture.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

oh my god.. that was incredible. Please build me one.

aka
Dec 12, 2004

by Ozma

renraku posted:

That is totally random and totally awesome.

Yeah it is fantastic, but not that random considering he spent a very considerable amount of time planning and constructing it :ssh:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
This is sensational. Great work.

Rikes
Jul 3, 2004
Holy crap. I saw your Jeep when I went to the King Soopers on College Ave last night and had to do a double take. I was going to swing by and take a closer look but you were gone before I was done shopping. One of my childhood dreams was to buy an Explorer and make it up like the one from the movie. I'd be sure to have the glass top and everything. Your Jeep is awesome though.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Its nice to see someone do something with a car that wasn't the goddamn General Lee.

I mean, seriously?

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

You're living one of my childhood dreams with this thing. It's truly an awesome job.

What do you plan to do with it when the show is over? Keep it hidden away under a tarp to prevent damage, or drive it around? :v:

The Coolness
Mar 25, 2007
I wish I could do that :(.

mazachan
Apr 18, 2005
Puppies
Wow, that is pretty drat cool. Was the ecto car actually fairly simple to do?

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years

Boomerjinks posted:

I need to find better music.

No you don't

Both projects were loving awesome. What I liked about the Jurassic Park one was it wasn't one of those props that you don't think of right away when someone says "Hey I built a car from a movie"

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

mazachan posted:

Was the ecto car actually fairly simple to do?

It was interesting trying to figure out how to modify it in such a way that nothing was permanent. It had to be very very sturdy and safe at high-ish speeds, but light enough to remove it easily. Originally it was just for Halloween and then we were going to take it apart and I'd sell the car, but when we rolled it out people when nuts, so I kept it that way.

Waffnuffly posted:

What do you plan to do with it when the show is over?

Well, considering how winter in Colorado started last week...

Right now it's my daily driver. I plan on touring Colorado in late September to see 'the colors,' visit my folks, and give it a last big trip before it gets too cold to drive without a soft-top. I'd love to take it up and down the PCH sometime mid-winter.

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 14, 2007

Sgoast
Sep 1, 2006

"I don't think I can stand it."
You must be the most entertaining next door neighbor ever.

"What the hell? He's got the goddamned jurassic park jeep now?!? Where does he keep getting this stuff!"

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
You sir are a god among men. Both of those cars are kick rear end.

What was up with the lame Batmobile in one picture though? It doesn't look like your work.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

kewlpc posted:

Edit: ^^^ And make sure you can turn off the headlights.

Dude, there's a screenshot from the movie showcasing the Jeep right in the OP! It's the very last picture.

...okay, yeah. I must have missed that one. Maybe the pic hadn't loaded, or maybe I was skimming by that point. My memory's still drawing a blank though, even when confronted with direct evidence. Apparently it is defective.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Never in my life had I vigorously masturbated to photos of an automobile.

Until today, that is. I want your jeep, as it has truly rocked my socks.

PurpleTowel
Jan 7, 2004
On a serious note...ever considered offering your services as an on-the-side job? I'm pretty sure you could get a job or two a year, making movie-cars for people. If I had the money, I'd pay to get one.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
cross-post this in AI

andrewjh009
Mar 22, 2003
You should try to do the yellow cab and or the police car from the fifth element as your next project.

dirtyminuth
May 7, 2005
Decaying Exponentially
Magnificent! Makes me wish I owned a garage. And had auto-working skills. That is all.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Toothy posted:

YES! Fantastic job recreating an icon from my favorite movie of all time!

Your next project:

beaten by the op :P

I beg to differ.

Goodtime Pancreas
May 31, 2007

Boomerjinks posted:

Please please please tell me you kicked the rear end of that fag in the Trueno next to you with the rice stickers on the window.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

FlyingCheese posted:

What was up with the lame Batmobile in one picture though? It doesn't look like your work.

It's not really the Batmobile.

That's a hearse owned by a friend of mine. He's into the goth and cyberpunk culture, and he's been putting machine guns and flamethrowers on his hearses for years.

He's pretty awesome.

Angry Toenail
Mar 20, 2007

Grr
This is absolutely fantastic. You've done a great job.

Did you have any experience restoring cars/jeeps before you started?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

God, just tell me to shut up already. I have a clear anti-domestic bias and a lack of facts.
Holy poo poo I saw your Ghostbusters car the other night! Where do you live? I can't picture the place I saw it. I was wondering what type of person would build such a thing.

Boomerjinks posted:

It's not really the Batmobile.

That's a hearse owned by a friend of mine. He's into the goth and cyberpunk culture, and he's been putting machine guns and flamethrowers on his hearses for years.

He's pretty awesome.
Saw that car at Belleview and Quebec Monday or Tuesday?